AFL Team Logo Refresh

AusGiant

Hi Guys,

I've decided to give my AFL team's logo a bit of a refresh...

30dbj1w.png

I'm pretty happy with it, but i'd like to run it by you guys before I plan on proposing it to the club. On that note, I'd also like some opinions on how I would show the club the modernized logo.

Thanks

I know nothing of the AFL, but that's definitely an improvement, all around.

I do like the darker red, though. I think I just have an aversion to that hue in the original red.

Following this for sure.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I don't think you need to darken the red but thickening the borders was a good thing.

I agree with this. I think the red hue currently in use is fine.

The one thing that bothers me about the update is that the period under the "T" isn't on the same baseline as the other periods like it is in the current crest. I think it should be on the same baseline. It just looks weird to me right now and creates a small bit of blank space that draws my attention.

gYH2mW9.png

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll be updating soon.

Agreed with all the comments. Will you plan on improving upon the team's kit?

I'm not planning to and really don't see a need to. The Saints already have some of the best kits in the league atm.

Here's the current home..

2daf2hx.jpg

and our away.

9qy1c3.jpg

Also are their any ideas of how I go about proposing the the logo to the club? Even though it's only a logo refresh, would something along the lines of what Brandon Moore did be suitable?

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll be updating soon.

Agreed with all the comments. Will you plan on improving upon the team's kit?

I'm not planning to and really don't see a need to. The Saints already have some of the best kits in the league atm.

Here's the current home..

2daf2hx.jpg

and our away.

9qy1c3.jpg

Also are their any ideas of how I go about proposing the the logo to the club? Even though it's only a logo refresh, would something along the lines of what Brandon Moore did be suitable?

Here's the thing, what's the worst that can happen? Although it seems like the CCSLC is in an all out war with Instagram, YOLO. Another example other than Brandon Moore is what happened to the Saint John's IceCaps. A local graphic designer proposed a third jersey to the team, and they accepted it. So go do it, there's no reason not to try.

That's what- She

Here's the thing, what's the worst that can happen? Although it seems like the CCSLC is in an all out war with Instagram, YOLO. Another example other than Brandon Moore is what happened to the Saint John's IceCaps. A local graphic designer proposed a third jersey to the team, and they accepted it. So go do it, there's no reason not to try.

What's happening with the board and Instagram?

Anyways, I fully get where your coming from in terms of having a go at a Jersey design. But the club is very much centred in the traditional approach to their brand. Although the club have had some varied looks in the past, the 'tripanel' has been part of the clubs identity since the 1920s; it's what makes the club so recognisable in Australia. I personally don't want the club to go fixing something that isn't broken. However if their was one small thing I would change it would be making the crest larger on the heart of the jersey, replicating the the kit worn in the glory years of the club...

1686d03.jpg

So would a casual email to the club with a PNG file of the updated crest suffice?

What's happening with the board and Instagram?

Anyways, I fully get where your coming from in terms of having a go at a Jersey design. But the club is very much centred in the traditional approach to their brand. Although the club have had some varied looks in the past, the 'tripanel' has been part of the clubs identity since the 1920s; it's what makes the club so recognisable in Australia. I personally don't want the club to go fixing something that isn't broken. However if their was one small thing I would change it would be making the crest larger on the heart of the jersey, replicating the the kit worn in the glory years of the club...

1686d03.jpg

So would a casual email to the club with a PNG file of the updated crest suffice?

Definitely. The more easy-going, the better.

That's what- She

Guest darkpiranha

I think the crest should be more in the shape of a 20-piece bucket, original recipe. And I've always thought that Colonel Sanders was a pretty good guy, but a saint? Shows what I know.

Man...I can't unsee this, and I'm happy that I can't. The bolder strokes and darker red give the Saints crest a more modern touch, yet retains everything that makes the St. Kilda crest what it is. I'd see about tweaking the period under the T, as others pointed out, but that's about it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think the crest should be more in the shape of a 20-piece bucket, original recipe. And I've always thought that Colonel Sanders was a pretty good guy, but a saint? Shows what I know.

Agreed.

The logo looks great but I agree that the period should be even with the others. Maybe just elongate the 't'?

Kubiak Designs, Buffalo, NY- Est. 2012

Made the T's dot touch the baseline, got rid of the quotation marks and made the red like the current media-used logo.

2u3wpzo.png

Thanks for the input guys. I'm experimenting with the idea of a secondary monogram logo. I'll update soon with the half finished product.

A great simple clean up! I personally prefer the historical looking logos as opposed to the modern ones. Are you planing on doing anymore AFL teams?

Archived