MLB & Soccer Crossover (Cubs added)

jdp

It's been so long since I have posted one of these, I'm actually a little nervous about this. Oh, well. Enjoy.

Here's Second City FC.

16292563750_72a46975cc_o.jpg

Let me know what you think of the ivy. I'm not sure it's working, but I do like the idea of incorporating it somehow. I guess that's why I post it here.

When, M.Willis did his project a few years ago, this is pretty close to what I imagined I'd have done with the Cubs. You should sublimate the Boston Ivy exactly the same way you did with the bricks.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When are the giants comming up

Another request/question about other teams?????

Can't you do anything else???? Like maybe C&C?????

If the kits are that good they don't need it. These should be on each team's marketplace for crying out loud. No joke

If they are really good, the least you could do is say so and not post a request/question about a certain team coming up. Really this is getting old.

Baltimore needs more orange. They are the only AL team with orange, it must be used to differentiate themselves

The Astros would like a word with you.

Was thinking the same thing. But, yeah, I get it with Baltimore. I forget why exactly I strayed from the orange; that was back in August after all. Third kits will come later on. I wanted to get more primaries out of the way.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Very nice Cubs concept. The ivy is a beautiful touch.

On that note, when you get around to doing the White Sox, it would be cool if you incorporated the pinwheels from Old Comiskey Park into the design somehow.

The pinwheels would be a good design for the White Sox goalkeepers' uniforms.

This is great. I love how you are incorporating some of the more classic elements of each franchise into the uniform, like the feather on the shorts for the Braves and the ivy for the Cubs. Keep it up! Excited for the rest of the league turns out.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

As a cub hater, I still think that they could have a green clash, a la the ivy at Wrigley.

I think that the Boston Ivy should be used on crest. A wreath of spring and forest green ivy leaves around the walking cub logo with "eamus catuli" under the design.

Glad to see you back, nice work on the Cubs, but I will echo what I said last year about same colour shorts - especially the same template. Sure blue shorts work on the white kits but why not have another colour shorts for either jersey? just a thought.

Y'know, I wouldn't mind pinstripes... Umm, either than that, Second City is great.

I went with pinstripes first, actually, but it really wasn't looking that good.

EDIT: I do have what I call my "minimal" template I could try it on. Pinstripes look better there than on this template, for whatever reason.

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

A couple notes I should have posted with the newest update.

• With regard to the crest designs, there were several teams whose logos worked well enough for soccer. If anything, I updated them to include "football" or a name change. Examples: see below, Detroit, Houston, KC, Texas. Really, I'm just giving you a heads up that not all are going to be redesigned; some are recolored, too. Truth be told, I was, in part, using this as skills practice (meaning, I recreated Houston and KC for instance, instead of just copying the image).
  • If there is a shield shape, it likely was inspired by the city or state seal, or in one instance the city flag.
  • Lastly, you'll notice I am a sucker for sublimation. I am trying to get away from that when warranted.

FYI - I'm probably going to redo the Cubs. The ideas thrown out so far were great and made me feel a little sheepish that I presented what I did.

Anywho...

Southsiders FC.

16320056490_a6478dfdc9_o.jpg

And a question: What are your thoughts on the presentation? Too much? Stick to a solid white or light gray background?

Archived