All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The team can call it "deep purple" in their Facebook comments all they want and it doesn't change the fact it looks blue. But like I said, it also doesn't change the fact that it doesn't match the purple used anywhere else.
  3. Drafting an O-lineman is like getting a set of kitchen knives as a gift; it's not much fun in the moment, but in six months you'll be really glad you have them.
  4. Or they can go this route like these several concept here (minus the St. Louis colors they have on this),
  5. Wasn’t aware of this. Good stuff.
  6. So something overplayed (red and black) as opposed to a color not currently in use that actually has relevancy to the geographic region and sports history of said region?
  7. @MCM0313 I do indeed! He's 34 years old, and been with me since I was about 9. Lifelong friends! https://www.instagram.com/garfieldtheparrot
  8. "Because the Carolina Panthers did" is not the argument you think it is.
  9. Deleted some other stuff that was probably meaner. How about I paraphrase Sam Wyche? 'Would you stop updating your template?!?! You're the Green Bay Packers. You don't live in Carolina!'
  10. Weird soap box: we need more publically owned teams. You want the public's money for a stadium? Okay, then you get to be publically owned. ridiculous that we can pay for a team and get nothing in return if an owner decides to skip town. Whole system is rotten
  11. They like having their stuff made by a local company. Honestly, I love that. The Packers are integral in Wisconsin culture down to who makes their uniforms. I hate them, but I also love them. This Vikings fan is conflicted
  12. Panthers updated their template. Why can’t Green Bay?
  13. Today
  14. I hope they go red and black. I really don't like this whole "the league needs a purple team, so they should be purple" thing. It's like a playschool activity where a bunch of children are figuring out what colour crayons they have so they can draw a rainbow. I'd actually love to see brown, or tan or something. But yeah, I don't need to see a colour just because its not been used by any other team and they can "own it". I'd be more than okay if they came up with a cool way to use a shade of blue or yellow or something.
  15. Or not. Timeless. Classic. Not just marketing speak.
  16. Packers could just join the trend of updating the template only to add faux mesh/perforations to the numbers
  17. The new one wasn’t even more realistic, unless actual Rams have notches that lead to segments of different shades of yellow.
  18. Just for the record, i was replying to someone who said they are outdated. I do not feel that way. I like the template that they are on. When I used the word outdated, I was referring to their post in which they felt that they were. The Packer's jerseys (specifically their white) is probably my favorite in football. I wouldn't change a thing.
  19. There's been speculation about Joel Embiid's face for a little while here, since he hasn't been blinking from only one of his eyes for a little while, and he's appeared visibly off (and wearing sunglasses all the time.) Turns out, in addition to all his lower-body injuries, he's dealing with Bells Palsy, and half his face is paralyzed (in addition to associated migraines.) He has the worst luck. The other year he catches a friendly-fire elbow that breaks his orbital in the playoffs (in addition to whatever knee injury he was dealing with), and now he comes back from a near season-long knee issue just to get a potentially-debilitating condition.
  20. The old horn must have been outdated.
  21. I know that you don't have to go to a big school and play big-time competition to make it in the NFL. Jerry Rice went to Miss Valley State, TO went to Middle Tenn (I think), and there's countless others. But it's still a risk, since in most cases they've never played against anyone who has NFL ability. Eagles drafted a CB from Toledo. This worries me, because I doubt he's ever covered an NFL-capable receiver that's been thrown to by an NFL-capable QB. It seems like the riskiest position to take a first-round shot on. But the "experts" were all doing a circle jerk over the guy leading into the draft, and most fans here are participating in said jerk. Anyone actually seen this guy and know if he's got NFL "stuff"? I think there's ways you can "tell" with almost any other position, but I'm just not sure about DB. Quinyon Mitchell is the guy. Looks like Toledo played Miss St., but mostly the other MAC teams.
  22. How exactly is it outdated? I mean, it's not like it's bell bottoms in the 21st century. A classic three piece suit is always classic. What's 'outdated' are chasing fashion trends on NFL uniforms, only to revert to something more timeless. This look is essentially what the team has worn since 1961. It works and is immediately recognizable as the Packers. Sorry (not sorry) that it isn't on the latest template designed to be 0.022% lighter/faster/drier, but it's the right color green and it isn't unintentionally different shades of green on the jersey due to the latest technologies that can't replicate a color properly.
  23. Speaking on the Rams again, the biggest travesty is still changing the horn on the helmet. They have changed color schemes and uniforms over the years so it's not unprecedented for them to come out with something new. But for F's sake, you had quite possibly the most classic helmet in the entire world and you changed it! It was so simple, so effective, so identifiable. Blue/yellow, blue/white, blue/gold who cares. Just keep your damn horn. And the worst part is, changing the horn led to changing the horn on the shoulders, changing secondary logos, adding lines inside the numbers. It just led to more gimmicks. Mix all of that up with highlighter yellow and bone... well thats another topic
  24. Or they had two guys graded equally and gained 60 positions in the draft later on.
  25. Pro sports font sets should NEVER contain an open-topped 4. Close your 4s, bros.
  26. I've said it before - "lazy" and "cheap" are terms people use to dismiss something without spending the time to elaborate further. Ironically, the word "lazy" is usually the hallmark of a lazy post!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.