All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. FWIW there's a poster on the Sens HFBoards that claims to have a reliable source in the team that the team will go back to a black jersey with a modified 2D centurion logo for next season. He claims it will look something along the lines of these (minus the heritage sweater): I can't attest to how reliable this person or his source is but I think it's worth noting. There has been a lot of turnover but I wouldn't suspect that the CMO leaving would push a redesign that's (supposedly) already in progress too far back.
  3. Love the Trailblazers name, the crest is a good start, but I would simplify it, especially the trees.
  4. so #LionsVsRefs is trending, and I don't live anywhere close to Michigan. people are pissed.
  5. Perhaps, but for now its better than Calgary's, Winnipeg's and Ottawa's IMO. I dont care that much for Edmonton's current homes either (too much bright orange) ...and Toronto, while a classic look, is still a bit drab to me compared to the crispness of the Canucks' blue and green. So Id say they're safely in the top 10 and probably top 4 in Canada. IMHO.
  6. It's a giant poop!!!! Gotta change colors.
  7. Gonna have to agree with this statement. It is a look that works for them, but saying top 10 in the whole league is the cause of some rose-tinted glasses. My opinion on the Canucks identity has gone down dramatically because of this thread. Worse part is that it isn’t due to the flaws being pointed out, but instead I connect the team to pages and pages of ongoing opinions and bickering now.
  8. Up next we head to Boston for the Shamrocks. Boston State University Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Public University Founded: 1895 Major Rivals: Springfield, Worcester
  9. Well, what else did you expect from an AHL affiliate of the Calgary Flames, Stockton?
  10. Bronze! Okay, yeah. I feel like bronze basically looks like a darker copper and, like pewter, has brownish tones/looks brown. I'm not trying to "gotcha," I just want to see how you are distinguishing the colors differently than I do. Again, you can argue that it's more accurate to pewter. And you can certainly prefer the use of shiny fabrics (I personally find them ugly). But yeah, I think there's clearly some brownish tones in the old pewter. Silver becomes gray without the metallic aspect, but I'd argue that silver inherently has grayish tones. Same applies to pewter and brown IMO. And because the new matte finish is darker than the old one, shiny fabric or no, the brown stands out much less to me. Anyway, I think we can move on.
  11. I'm unsure. I get that you're fishing for "brown" but that's not accurate. It can come off a dull bronze or silver, depending on the finish. Either way? Take away the metallic aspect and it's not pewter. Much like how silver becomes grey without the metallic aspect.
  12. I know all about that drunken sot, whose racist comments about "the ethnic vote" (which was a slap not only at Jews, but also at Italians and people of other ethnicities) after the loss in the 1995 referendum led to his ouster as PQ leader and Quebec premier. No movement should be judged by its worst distorters. In fact the Quebecois identity is broad and pluralistic, embracng francophones of all racial and ethnic backgrounds. By the way, if it is true that Montreal could not support a Major League team, it might be a good location for a Blue Jays minor league affilliate. The Jays' fit with AAA Buffalo is too perfect to mess with. But a AA team named the Montreal Expos and owned outright by the Blue Jays would have a much lower bar for success.
  13. I wouldn't be so sure about that. Sure, we'd lose good stuff like....ok, I'm thinking....we'd lose....yeah, what good stuff would we lose exactly if NYC became an independent state? (It's a joke, son. No need for a 43 paragraph dissertation on the greatness of New York City or the economic impact or why it's a good idea, etc., etc. Just let it sit there and be the joke I intended it to be, OK? Thanks.)
  14. How would you describe pewter as a color, outside of calling it metallic or dull?
  15. I'm glad you appreciated the suggestion, Mark. I, too, am a fan of the Trailblazer name. It speaks to the adventurous spirit of Minnesota's early explorers, the love of Minnesotans for getting out and enjoying their state's natural beauty, the many and varied accomplishments of Ann Bancroft, and the groundbreaking strides that the National Women's Soccer League is making on the American pro sports scene. As per usual, you've created a terrific logo. It's a great start. I agree with Axe in that I believe the badge might be stronger if the image of the trailblazer were moved farther into the foreground. I'm picturing a a larger, 3/4 shot of her head and shoulders, from behind. She'd be gazing skyward, towards the State of Minnesota's namesake North Star, the celestial body - positioned above the majestic pines - serving as both her inspiration and guiding light. I'd render the star as the same six-pointed symbol version used by MNUFC.
  16. That's fair. Sad it has to be that way, but I can't begrudge your logic.
  17. The dazzle fabric of the old look had a dull metallic look to it that called pewter to mind. The matte version currently used lacks that element and looks dark brown. That's how. In short? Use dazzle fabrics if you're going to use a metallic colour.
  18. You spit this propaganda every time Vegas gets mentioned. I think you like to think you’re joking so as to rationalize the behavior.
  19. This Las Vegas deal is starting to feel like an extremely elaborate end-run around being the L.A. Raiders again, where they will heavily mine Southern California for business partnerships, bus everyone in from there for gamedays, and otherwise just so happen to play the games in Nevada. The upshot in all this is that the Chargers are very dumb.
  20. I'm not arguing about the design, people are free to prefer one look over the other. I'm not even arguing that the new color/matte is better, as that's a matter of opinion. Hell, I'd even concede that the new look, in certain lighting, does come off like a dark brown. And whether the old color was a more accurate pewter is not really the question here. I'm just not sure how you can look at those two and claim that the old one was less brown/tan. I mean, how would you describe pewter? Yes it's metallic, but do you think the old fabric looks like a dark gray or some sort of gold or what?
  21. These are pretty sweet! I like the horns on the shoulders but on the sweaters with the colored yolks they look a little like after thoughts... maybe you could try making them bigger or bleeding them off the front edge of the yolk? I don't know, that might not work.... Great looks overall!
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?