All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I think the one thing the league knew coming in was that they need to show the desire to stay in place. The XFL wasn't expecting to make profit for 5 years from 2023. The TV numbers have remained steady, which is something that hadn't happened with either league last year. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10078873-the-rock-talks-xfl-after-leagues-reported-60m-loss-in-2023-this-is-the-long-game Having very competitive games helps keep people glued to the channel, and except for maybe four games so far they've all been close right up until the last two minutes.
  3. I think these would be better than the Guardian caps aesthetically, but how do they compare for protection? SAFR caps at least look like football helmets and can have the decals applied. MLB tried to give pitchers external headgear to protect from comebackers, but I only remember one pitcher using it. Function and safety need to be the priorities, of course, but I could see players refusing the caps while voluntary for the look.
  4. Aesthetically, I really do not like the guardian caps; but you really can't argue with their functionality and i figured the NFL would make a decision like this sooner rather than later. I mean hell, the main selling point of the Vicis helmet is that the shell is able to absorb hits like a foam pad; which is the point of the caps.
  5. No thanks, we've got plenty of those already.
  6. I love not being a fan of a team with the worst owner in the league. Tepper doesn’t seem to be Snyder level bad, but he’s certainly still scum.
  7. Overall folks need to chill out on the "sky is falling" mentality over the attendance. I'm quite sure there are a lot of folks like me that have bought in heavily on past spring leagues to only see them falter and vanish and are taking a more cautious approach to fandom this time around. I'm watching at least parts of almost every game, catching highlights on YouTube and the like, but I'm not "all in" as I have been in the past. I'd bet this is even more rampant in towns (Birmingham, Memphis, San Antonio) that have seen many spring football teams come and go. Patience, I'd bet the folks running this thing are a little better at making the decisions that we are.
  8. Speaking of Chargers, I wouldn’t be surprised if they tweak their navy blue alt jersey and pants to have the lightning bolts filled in with white so they can wear these helmets- Along with a royal blue helmet for the other alt
  9. It's certainly close. I like the GB/CHI in Lambeau matchup because of autumnal blend of yellow, orange, and green with cool navy blue. Raiders and Chiefs is terrific in no spall part because the white elements are similarly minimized. Maybe third on my list behind this one because the Chargers have the softer powder blue: If we could get this consistently it might challenge for the top spot.
  10. It would be interesting if they went more red rocks themed. It seemed very popular for the Jazz, even though they've since moved away from it.
  11. The NFL is really committing to the Stormtrooper look with all of these white helmets and the approval of the guardian cap. Complaining about sock stripes seems pretty trivial at this point.
  12. Yup, I was thinking of the SAFR caps. Is this allowed in the NFL yet?
  13. Today
  14. I don't know if it's been pointed out yet, but the draft used those team logo illustrations again across the facilities (background, tunnel, etc.). I can't find all the artwork, but I thought it was cool.
  15. Pretty sure this is a Guardian cap:
  16. The Keys aren’t on hiatus. Only the Ghost Hounds and it’s not because of the question mark uniforms. It’s some weird reasoning of uneven number of teams in the Atlantic League. They’re set to return in 2025.
  17. I think Cleveland would be better off grabbing Justin Fields if they are moving away from Watson. Pittsburgh apparently only want him and Russ for this season. We're already dealing with one diva at quarterback this season, we don't need one who's father is the diva. https://giphy.com/explore/throwing-water
  18. That's not the Guardian Cap. This is:
  19. The sign that triggered Tepper
  20. Mark Kelso would appreciate this. I have to say it's been weird to see UFL players practice with them, but not having them in the same colors as the team, but I'd expect that won't be an issue for NFL players that want to wear them in games.
  21. There's seems to be a logic to that. If the HC is a defensive guy, and the offense does well, the OC becomes the latest hot HC candidate. I think he has pointed out instances where that is the case. You could also suffer at QB by playing on a team whose offense and coordinators suck. It happens both ways.
  22. teams that could be looking: Cowboys (if Dak walks away), Giants, Jets, Raiders, Seahawks, Rams, Steelers, Titans, Browns and Saints
  23. I'm sure the NFL can find some way to get logos on it, or develop one that can. Every player should wear these. So they should figure it out before they're mandatory in 10-20 years
  24. Deion has already listed the teams he wants to take his son and Travis Hunter. Basically all of the teams he's played for (Falcons, 49ers, Cowboys, Commanders, Ravens) and Eagles. None of those teams need a QB, unless the Cowboys let Dak Prescott walk away (which is still possible).
  25. Can Guardian Caps be painted or have decals applied to match the team's normal helmet? I was reading the FAQs on their site and they're currently only making them in 7 colors, and there was nothing about whether they can be painted or have decals applied (though that would be tough, given the shape.)
  26. San Antonio’s YouTube Kicker literally admitted he needed to learn how to tackle.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.