Peacock goes BOOM!

OMMF

NEW YORK -- John Madden will join NBC as a game analyst when the network begins televising its newly acquired Sunday night football package in 2006.

The network scheduled an afternoon teleconference with Madden to make the announcement. Madden will remain with ABC's "Monday Night Football" for the 2005 season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...TC-DT9705204233

I wonder who will do the telecasts with Madden. I doubt Al Michaels will be leaving ABC for NBC...Maybe they will use Bob Costas.

Perhaps Eli Gold?? Gold does Arena League and Alabama football, so if Costas can't do it, maybe Eli? It's definitely a stretch, but who knows...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

I wonder who will do the telecasts with Madden.Β  I doubt Al Michaels will be leaving ABC for NBC...Maybe they will use Bob Costas.

Perhaps Eli Gold?? Gold does Arena League and Alabama football, so if Costas can't do it, maybe Eli? It's definitely a stretch, but who knows...

hmmm Gold would be decent choice as well. I'll throw in Tom Hammond. I think he's an OK announcer.

I saw, I came, I left.

I wonder who will do the telecasts with Madden.Β  I doubt Al Michaels will be leaving ABC for NBC...Maybe they will use Bob Costas.

hmmm Gold would be decent choice as well. I'll throw in Tom Hammond. I think he's an OK announcer.

Good call with the Hammer. He's a very good football announcer, and probably would sound better with Madden than Gold.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

even though the ol' man can be blatently obvious sometimes, ("You see, if he just would have caught that ball, it would have been a touchdown."), he's still one of the best in the biz.

MILES ahead of those fools Theismann and McGuire on ESPN Sunday Night Football, where every play is "the greatest play ive EVER SEEN."

I wonder who will do the telecasts with Madden. I doubt Al Michaels will be leaving ABC for NBC...Maybe they will use Bob Costas.

You know...I frigging hate Bob Costas. :mad:

I don't know why I just do.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

even though the ol' man can be blatently obvious sometimes, ("You see, if he just would have caught that ball, it would have been a touchdown."), he's still one of the best in the biz.

MILES ahead of those fools Theismann and McGuire on ESPN Sunday Night Football, where every play is "the greatest play ive EVER SEEN."

Part of the reason I love Michaels, Madden, as well as Theisman, McGuire, and the other Sunday Night guy is because they sound like they're having a good time.

Too often sports commentators take themselves too seriously, and act as if they're reporting as armageddon breaks out. This is sports your commenting on... have fun with it!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I don't know why, but I really enjoy Madden as well. It's like watching games with your grandpa.

And if my choices are 1) Madden or 2) people doing their best Madden imitation I'll take the real deal.

I also very much enjoy the Sunday Night crew even though I hear almost nothing but negative things from people (not just here).

I like that McGuire sounds grumpy and hung over. I like that Theisman is kind of a jag and acts like he's cool......only he is the only one in the room who doesn't know he's not cool. And the other guy.....better than Summerall for darn sure. Summerall sounded asleep those weeks he filled in. Totally disrupted the booth chemistry.

I still hold to my idea that one of the four (Yes I still count the NHL though I shouldn't) sports needs to move coverage to HBO to revive itself. They need a salty, honest approach to sports coverage. You need a knowledgeable announcer, not a gimmick. But someone funny enough and with it enough to get vulgar and say what every fan in their living rooms is thinking....and on cable. So let the colorful language fly. The NFL won't do this first cause they don't need to. But I sure would love it.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I wonder who will do the telecasts with Madden.Β  I doubt Al Michaels will be leaving ABC for NBC....

You never know, he could. I believe I heard that he was talking with both networks, but said he wouldn't even begin negotiating unless the deal involved a private plane.

IUe6Hvh.png

Howabout John Madden on color with Joey Styles doing pbp? Oh my God!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Howabout John Madden on color with Joey Styles doing pbp? Oh my God!

Just imagine.....

Madden ".... he comes up to him and ..... BOOM!"

Styles "OH MY GOD!"

Just so long as they don't throw Jerry "The King" Lawler in there and make it a three-man booth...

Madden: ".... he comes up to him and ..... BOOM!"

Styles: "OH MY GOD!"

Lawler: "Puppies!!"

Tom Jackson: "He got ... JACKED UP!" :D

Archived