Maryland Football Unis

CDunn

U Maryland's new football uniforms will be unveiled today at 4:00pm during a spring game, which I guess is a scrimmage. These uniforms are made by Under Armour, their first uniforms, and will include all four state colors. That means red, black, yellow, and I think they are counting white as the fourth.

I wanted to set this up now so we can get some pre-unveiling speculation and concerns aired and then get to the designs once they are shown.

My prediction: they'll be sub-par. It's Under Amour's first uniform. They'll probably want to do something new and somewhat different to make a big first impression, which lends itself to looking awkward. I find it true that people are more concerned with making a big first impression than a good one.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

My prediction: they'll be sub-par. It's Under Amour's first uniform. They'll probably want to do something new and somewhat different to make a big first impression, which lends itself to looking awkward. I find it true that people are more concerned with making a big first impression than a good one.

I agree they'll be different. They may be bad, but they may be really good, something new that actually works. Four colours is a lot though, we'll see how that works out.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

They've already been released. There's a pic in the Washington Post today. Here's a small pic. The picture is much bigger in the paper. Well, it looks like the board wont let me link to the picture, so here's a link to the page that it's on.

Washington Post-Maryland Sports

I'm not a fan of these. I'm surprised that Nike isn't making the uniforms anymore. I thought that the uniforms that the Terps wore last year were really nice. Classy. These are more of the new age-type uniforms.

Hope that the link works for everybody. Enjoy.

Thanks for linking to the pic. Didn't have the time to do it myself.

They're not as bad as they could be, but I still think that the uniforms that they wore last year were nicer/better looking.

I also think that the Maryland state flag that's over the sleeve number on #34's jersey looks weird.

I like these. I say the white jersey is MUCH nicer looking than the red one, but I like them both quite a bit. Not bad for a first creation by the UnderArmour brand. Kudos to them, and if they keep rolling out jerseys that look like these then I'll be looking forward to them.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

when I said the unis would be shown at the game at 4, I was wrong. the game began at 4, but they won't show the unis until halftime. I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see larger, better pictures, but these don't look that bad. The helmet looks even more out of place than before.

what is this? nfl expansion???

I don't get it...

I do think these jerseys look really nice on the field, though.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

The jersey's bite :cursing: - only thing good about them is the numbers IMO

The pants are good - The whole uniform is kinda "expansion-ish". Kinda arena2 league stuff. :blink:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

What is with the yellow stripe?

Seems out of color for them.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

three years ago Maryland changed from black helmets to these real simple helmets and classy looking jerseys and they had their best season ever. Then the next season they change again to last years bad jerseys and now they switch to jersey s that are even worse. Personally I like simple uniforms, I hate all this Denver Broncos crap that is going on right now. I just dont get why you would change right after a great season.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

What is with the yellow stripe?

Seems out of color for them.

Not at all. The basketball team uses it in small amounts as well, on their collars, I believe.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived