Maryland Football Unis

CDunn

three years ago Maryland changed from black helmets to these real simple helmets and classy looking jerseys and they had their best season ever. Then the next season they change again to last years bad jerseys and now they switch to jersey s that are even worse. Personally I like simple uniforms, I hate all this Denver Broncos crap that is going on right now. I just dont get why you would change right after a great season.

I really don't see the denver broncos style in this...sorry i mean yes they're is lines going up like it but its really differant than the broncos and the lines are in a differant spot on the jersey plus they don't have the under arm like the broncos styles does...and well I really like these they're differant than all of college and well they go well witht he state or maryland, which is important in a college that represents thier own state. Like Hawaii's uniforms they're really simple but yet the polynesian detail stripe is what sets it apart from the other unis in college and well these are alot like them. Good Uniforms

spacer.png

I preferred the previous incarnation that Nike designed, but these aren't bad. I don't know if I dig how prominent black is on the all white uniform, and I hate their "Terps" wordmark, but all in all, not a huge step backwards in my eyes.

I agree with Avenger. I don't like the amount of black in the white uniform. To me, the amount of color in the white uniform should be related to the color of the other uniform. Example: If white uniform's stripes have a lot of black in it, more than any other color, then the colored uni should be black. But the Terps home is and should be red, therefore, red needs to be the dominant color on the white uniform. Make sense? Basically I want to switch black and red on the white jersey. But then you couldn't have white jersey/red pants as the stripes would not match. Dunno what to do about that.

That all red look is pretty bad.

Overall, these are better than I had expected, though they need a new helmet.

I don't like them very much, the body striping isn't bad but the block numbers look just terrible. They ahd a great number font last year, and those unis were far better. what the hell happened to the days when you could count on a new uniform being awesome and way better than the last?

Don't get attached to them. When's the last time the Terps stuck with the same unis for more than 3 years?

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

So, there is a red with white shoulder stripes, and one without? huh. Or is that second picture last years? :wacko:

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

As much as I wanted to start my own thread, I decided to post under this one.  Anyways here's 2 large photos of the new Maryland Terps Football Uniforms.

The second picture there is of their old uniforms, which I think are nicer than the new ones. I might have missed this, but does this mean that Maryland isn't a Nike school anymore? I know that Under Armour is a Baltimore based company, which might make it more favorable to Maryland, although I know that it's all about the money. So, is this a football-only deal, or will all sports be included? I find it hard to believe that Nike would give up the basketball team.

That is too much red for me in a uniform and there is too much going on with it. I actually thought they weren't half bad until I saw the action pic with the helmet in the mix- the helmet (although I know is new[actually brought back]) needs a touch of yellow in it to smooth it out. The white jerseys look horrible with the red pants. Maybe they should have went with black pants for home...even white pants will be fine- I just hate THAT red on top of each other. :cursing:

EDIT: I just noticed that the action picture was the old uni's...they look SO much better. Good luck to UA though, keep trying- they will be okay I think...

They are OK, but dont they look a lot like the Nike Team Builder Miami template?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I really want to see pictures of these new unis from the sides and back.

That Maryland flag on the shoulder is stupid. It's about the same size as the UA logo. Why have it at all if it's gonna be so darn tiny?

I liked their old #'s better.

Archived