Houston Astros concept

dgnmrwrw

I wasn't going to post this just yet, given the crazy amount of Astros ideas being put forth lately, but I wanted to get my idea out there before it looked TOO unoriginal...

So here it is.

I went with the logos and wordmarks from the mid-90s, because I always thought they worked well for the club's name. I also kinda chose the colors from the rainbow duds, but I simplified it to just navy, gold, and orange.

I think what they have now doesn't appropriately represent their nickname or visual history.

I hope the strange arcs on the sleeves don't resemble the Rockets' gear TOO much. I didn't realize the connection until recently. Any advice on how to improve those would be very much appreciated.

Houston.gif

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the Astros are pretty popular lately.

Anyway, very nice job! I was gonna do a concept using these colors but decided to go with a more patriotic theme. The sleeve stripes work pretty well and I like the alt. and batting practice jerseys especially.

Not so bad, all things considered. The "Astros" color scheme (I guess the navy's a little lighter than before, but anyway) with a look they abandoned too quickly - nice pairing.

One question: do the sleeve stripes loop to the top of the shoulder then down the back of the triceps? If so, they'll look like a giant rainbow on the sleeves when seen in profile. Just a thought, don't know if you considered that when designing the jerseys.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like this. The colors actually fit the name ASTROS. The design is updated, without altering the teams identity. Nice job.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

As much as I thought these colors would make me want to vomit, they actually look alright. I'm not a huge fan of the sleeve stripe, though... I would prefer to see the style they had in the 80s and last year's HR derby jersey, 6 stripes that ran along the top of the shoulder.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

:shocked: this is by far the best astros concept i have ever seen. great job with using the 90's logo with great color scheme. i love the rainbow sleeve because adds a hint of the astros history without looking rediculous. :notworthy: don't change anything.

SignatureCCSL.png

Very fine. I really like the current Astros look, and this is the first concept I've seen that I wouldn't call a step backward. The blue, orange, and yellow scheme works well. A few suggestions:

1. The sleeve stripes aren't working for me. Perhaps arch them the other way, and bring them up to the collar.

2. Use a smaller, thicker star on the cap, more like the proportions of what they use now. The star on the cap should be bolder.

3. I would cosider a darker blue, more of a true navy or a midnight blue. You can tell you're an astronaut, not a pilot, when the blue sky turns black. A darker blue would capture the spirit of the team name better, IMHO.

Great amalgam of old and recent!

20082614447.png

Archived