College Football Week 3

footballfiji

Thought I'd share some things I noticed uniformwise about college football's third week:

Vanderbilt looks like they have some sort of Anchor Pride Sticker:

4880344_7_1.jpg

Troy wore a special patch (unsure if this was a one game or season thing):

4880640_7_1.jpg

Baylor wore Green Helmets for the second straight game (reportedly because of a problem with the gold ones):

4880698_7_2.jpg

South Carolina wore white tops and garnet pants marking the third different uniforms in three games (garnet tops/white pants vs UCF; white tops/black pants vs UGA; and white tops/garnet pants at home vs Alabama)

4880790_7_1.jpg

Virginia wore blue pants. I've not really followed UVA but I think this is something new for them (and might lead to an all blue combo later)

273585.jpeg

4880336_7_1.jpg

As stated earlier on the board Kansas wore red tops:

4881270_7_1.jpg

Indiana wore all crimson uniforms:

4881278_7_1.jpg

Oregon busted out the lightning yellow jerseys:

4881466_7_1.jpg

Texas Tech wore red tops and red pants as opposed to the all black or red and black from years before:

4881478_7_1.jpg

Don't know if this is new or not but North Texas has "Mean Green" across their jerseys where most (and I think they did earlier too) have the school name

4881562_7_1.jpg

The patch that Troy is wearing the Sun Belt 30th anniversary patch. All teams in the conference are wearing it, as you can also see on the North Texas jersey. I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but it almost looks like a New Balance logo on the North Texas jerseys.

EDIT: Looking at another photo on UNT's website, it is the New Balance logo on the jerseys. I didn't know that New Balance was also making uniforms, too. I knew about them making cleats this year, but not uniforms.

I'm in love with the North Texas font. I do wish they'd put the eagle on the helmets, though, and I like the MEAN GREEN on the home jersey. I hope they have NORTH TEXAS on the away, though. That's how I always do my concepts. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Texas Tech wore red tops and red pants as opposed to the all black or red and black from years before:

4881478_7_1.jpg

They are finally the RED Raiders :notworthy:

And here's the pics of the Nike Template Bowl (Clemson v. Miami)

4880874_7_1.jpg

4880882_7_1.jpg

Y'know, Clemson's unis have grown on me.

I sure do miss the old Arizona unis.

Clemson looks like giant creamsicles and the piping is oh so dainty. Horrible.

Oregon shoulda stuck with the first year versions of the new unis.

Really like Indiana helmet with IU now.

Mizzou, love the colors hate the piping.

Virginia looks a mess, pick a striping and stick with it.

'Bama, as always looks sweet.

Oregon busted out the lightning yellow jerseys:

4881466_7_1.jpg

YEAH!!!! this jerseys rule.

as always go DUCKS :notworthy:

USC IS GOING DOWN

Didn't Oregon almost lose to the Houston Cougars a couple weeks ago?? :lol:

USC will roll all over those highlighter yellow wearing hippies.

6uXNWAo.png

My two cents worth...

Vandy looks great in those gold jerseys...you dont see that color jersey every day, but what is it on their helmets..dollar signs?

Missouri I agree, the colors are fantastic but the strip design is bush league. Baylor keep the green helmets they really look good, South Carolina looks much better in that red/white combo than in the black/white they wore before..and of course Alabama looks stunning as always..there is something to be said about simplicity and tradition.

Virginia looks ok and they have worn blue pants in the past, not sure just when though but those Syracuse uniforms look like a high school team...maybe orange pants would be an improvment on those, Kansas...sorry but RED just dosent work for you..I like the Indiana monochromes, it lends itself to afew nice combination posibilities for both home and the road, Now Oregon....OUCH! Does someone really think those dayglow uniforms look good? I can see green jerseys and golfd pants but monochrome yellow dosent work unless you are a bananna.

Texas Tech looks sharp in all red..ditch the all black ones you are the RED Raiders NOT the Black radiers..Arizona...get rid of those horrible uniforms regardless of what color they are...the striping is painful.

I actually like the clemson monochrome orange but those horrible Huricane uniforms belong in the trash on top of the Arizona ones...the stipping just dosent make any sense.

Well thanks for listening...

UVa had blue pants before. It was when they changed from the Herman/Shawn Moore cueball era to the current twin sabres blue look. The interesting thing was that UVa had to play againist BYU at BYU. And if you recall their unis was that all blue except for the chest white. It was almost like UVa away unis. So the Cavs went all white. And that sort of stuck after that game. I am serious. They wore all whites after that.

The good news for all of you leotard hating socks is that Groh went with a triple blue stripe socks kinda of like the Pats.

I just have to say that those new Syracuse unis are SWEET! Also like the Sam Houston State garb.

Arizona? Completely embarassing. And Troy's problem is that the sleeve logo is the same as the helmet logo. Overkill.

If you look at the other photos on this thread, you will see that half the other teams have the helmet logo as their sleeve logo. Are you going to say it is overkill on their unis, too?

Here is a mini MAC uni-watch.

Toledo unveiled new road pants- Yellow with a tick blue stripe that looks black and doesn't match their tops. Maybe they got them cheap on a Steelers or Iowa screw up. I hate Toledo:

capt.pahr10109171917.toledo_temple_pahr101.jpg

And kent wore their high-lighter tops with blue pants (last year they wore all yellow at least once):

fb_parrish3_a_370w.jpg

fb_machen1_a_150w.jpg

fade.gif

Archived