Brand new HOCKEY template preview:

StPatty33

Hey everyone--this is a new hockey jersey template I just started creating today. I've still got plenty left to do on it, plus I'll be adding the shorts, socks and skates etc. Just thought I'd whip one up real quick with it and get some C&C:

HT1.png

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice template (although the jersey is innacurate in two ways...three if you include the oversized shoulder logos and sleeve numbers.)

One thing though is that you oughta include multiple collar options. Only four teams in the NHL now use the wishbone collar that you have pictured (and Colorado ain't one of them).

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Nice template (although the jersey is innacurate in two ways...three if you include the oversized shoulder logos and sleeve numbers.)

One thing though is that you oughta include multiple collar options. Only four teams in the NHL now use the wishbone collar that you have pictured (and Colorado ain't one of them).

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Agreed, I just tossed it together real quick to show off the template.

I plan on including several collar options, as well as stitches for the many different shoulder and armpit designs etc. I know the numbers are oversized as well, again it was just a quick 'n.

If you see any flaws with the actual template part, let me know. I am trying to get that as accurate as possible.

spacer.png

booo on the bad player remarks.

No player that holds many, many NHL records should be referred to as a horrible player.ย ย  :hockeysmiley:

Marty will catch him.

Y'mean this Marty? Ouch....SERV'D!!

5.jpg

That template is lookng really sweet.

still very much rough:

HT2.png

With this one could you whack a neck, head and helmet on too?

You could probably use the NBA basketballer head and neck from the Bobcats Media guide, or I have an AFL (Aussie footy) one you could adapt.

(Or you could do it from scratch, which it looks like you're quite able to do as well)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I certainly plan on plopping a head on there. Actually what made me want to do this whole thing was that I saw someone post a baseball one similar to this (with a head and forearms)--I'd though it was even you, rmered. Also I hadn't been able to find a vector version of the classic that Roger did--so I thought I'd make a hockey one that's sort of a mesh of the baseball one I saw, and the football one that everyone uses (originally from... WA designs, I think?).

Anyway, I'd like to get any vectored heads that I can--I could probably do it from scratch but the less time I have to spend drawing a head, the more time I can spend on other details, eh!

UPDATE

I finished up several (should be all) of the different collar styles. Basically what's left is shading the legs, socks and skates--then creating fills and stripes. I'm gonna take the rest of the night off and get back to it tomorrow (or more likely at like 1am, lol), hopefully finishing before tomorrow night.

Any more ideas/suggestions let me know!

spacer.png

Mate, if only it was me.

I'm guessing you mean the one the Baseball Hall of Fame used.

I've asked a couple of times about that baseball template in vector and no-one seems to know.

Hey, it's 10.30 am Wednesday already here, so get back to work!! :)

I'll PM you to send the two I have.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Had to do one final rendition before I take a couple hours off:

HT4.png

the glove on the right is still a big mess--I had to flip the wrist from how I originally made it, so it'll look much much cleaner when it's done. Haven't done any shading to the lower body at all yet either. I put a handy white masking all around the outline of it so you can put your shoulder logos etc in without them sticking off the side of the jersey, also.

man, and I totally forgot about the back of the jersey too, that'll take another couple hours at least. Tomorrow night may not be reveal-day after all, eh.

spacer.png

Great template StPaddys - Will the blank template be posted on the 'templates' thread?

:notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.pngย My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021ย  ย  ย  ย  ย St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)ย ย 2023 Championsย  ย  ย Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Great template StPaddys - Will the blank template be posted on the 'templates' thread?

:notworthy:

The second it's done, eh.

(I'm taking a break to watch the Avs game--still got my laptop to surf with but can't do any work on the template sans mouse)

spacer.png

Archived