Gators Change Basketball Uniforms!

rmackman

Well it seems Nike is doing it to every team. I didn't realize the Gators were going to change also, but photos came out from their last game and, well, take a look for yourself. I'd say it's the same pattern we've been seeing!

1131594893.jpg

1131594920.jpg

1131594944.jpg

1131594504.jpg

1131594784.jpg

1131594655.jpg

Honestly I really liked what they had in the Final Four in 2000, then I liked their last jersey they had, and I think this is a step backwards from both.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Here's the jerseys they're selling for UF on Eastbay!

35101401_z.jpg

94164141_z.jpg

AND...if you have a girlfriend this would probably look hot on her!

17920142_z.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I understand the benefit of being a Nike school, and I'm sure it helps with recruits and all. But do Kentucky and Florida and I don't know whoever else all need to have the same uniform? And why does the NCAA allow this to being with?

Florida's jersey certainly isn't a terrible uniform on its own merits. It looks kind of cool. But the knowledge that it is the exact same as Kentucky's and others except for the wordmark cheapens all of them, doesn't it?

But in the end, it's Florida. I think the basketball programs is legally required to change its uniform every year, because it seems to do exactly that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

:cursing: I hate this. I hated it when this uni design was first posted (Alabama, I think it was), and I really hate it now that they screwed up my Gators. The blue jersey doesn't look too bad, but that home white jersey looks stupid with those blue shoulder stripes.

Nike + change = BAD

AM.gif

It is a shame that they are not willing to invest the time/money so that the schools have original look. I saw Ohio State had the same template as another school with the only difference being the colors and script. Thankfully they havent messed with the football jerseys :crossesfingers:

**Edit to add question**

Is that Gators jersey made of the Dryfit material? It sorta looks like it.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

It is a shame that they are not willing to invest the time/money so that the schools have original look. I saw Ohio State had the same template as another school with the only difference being the colors and script. Thankfully they havent messed with the football jerseys :crossesfingers:

I think in the case of Ohio State, they had that template first and had it exclusively for one season, then some other schools (well, at least Marquette) started using that template the following year.

The same thing happened with Kentucky's first Nike template - although no one has ever used the "old time tight" jersey from 1997/98, a lot of teams used the template based on the 1998/99 (modern loose-fit jersey) Kentucky uniform.

Also, nothing succeeds like success - how many teams (Nike and otherwise) wound up using the template originated by Arizona after they won the 1997 NCAA tournament?

However, this is the first time in a long time that so many Nike schools are debuting the same basic template in the same year.

Dont worry, the design will be represented in the Big East too:

378-c.jpg

Sorry, the pic is pretty bad, but its the only one i could find online.

On another note, it looks like all Big East teams will be wearing the Big East logo on their shorts across from the manufacturer's logo. Pics from Louisville had something like that, and now a photo spread on Villanova in Slam Mag has the logo on the shorts.

I'm actually pretty happy, now that KU has switched to adidas. I'm not overly crazy about the new uniforms, but Nike has been such a turnoff by the way they try to put themselves so front and center on everyone's uniforms (including that futuristic football crap). Nike just makes it feel like the schools are there to serve Nike, not the other way around.

The one thing I did like about being a Nike team was the variety and availability of products. adidas is way behind Nike in terms of making the products we see on the field and court available to the public. Speaking of which, does adidas make authentic basketball shorts anymore? The only one's I can find are the cheap polyester ones.

Kaun_looseball_t600.jpg

The changes are not a big deal at all, Iowa State changes theres every year... and so does FLorida.. big deal.

How can you expect them to build a winning franchise based on consistency, when they change every year?

I'm actually pretty happy, now that KU has switched to adidas. I'm not overly crazy about the new uniforms, but Nike has been such a turnoff by the way they try to put themselves so front and center on everyone's uniforms (including that futuristic football crap). Nike just makes it feel like the schools are there to serve Nike, not the other way around.

The one thing I did like about being a Nike team was the variety and availability of products. adidas is way behind Nike in terms of making the products we see on the field and court available to the public. Speaking of which, does adidas make authentic basketball shorts anymore? The only one's I can find are the cheap polyester ones.

Kaun_looseball_t600.jpg

These Kansas unis look really good, it is probably a good thing that they switched over from Nike.

AM.gif

Archived