University Outbreak Challenge

Bearcats

Complete-UniversityOutbreakLogo.gif

(Contest logo done by the great AAO)

Contest Rules

Your mission should you choose to accept it:

You have the opportunity to create your own university or college. You get to design it from scratch so let your imagination run wild. You can pick the location, colors, nickname, uniforms, etc.

If this contest is succesful and received well I might run MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL ones in the future.

1. Voting has begun and will end Monday January 16th at midnight.2. Only one entry per contestant and post your entry in this thread.

3. Post all questions, concerns or conflicts in this thread and I will address them.

4. Top 3 contestants will receive banners for sigs.

Requirements:

Location (within the U.S.), colors, nickname, Primary logo, Secondary logo, Academic logo, Football uniforms

Optional:

Basketball uniforms (or any other uniforms), Tertiary logo (or other logos), Football field, basketball court, etc

You can't use the same location and nickname of a current school. (So for example you can't do the Miami Hurricanes, but you can do the Miami Bearcats or the Binghamton Hurricanes.)

Have fun and best of luck to all contestants,

B&B

buffalo_sig.png

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can pick the location, colors, nickname, uniforms, etc.

ok fine, i can do Victoria State University Kangaroos.....

Requirements:

Location (within the U.S.),

So i can't pick the location?.....

well that fluffs me up

well stay tuned for the Matthew Morris Memorial College, in Morristown, umm Wyoming

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Matt, you're not dead.  A memorial?  Come on now.  :D

its in rememberence of my never-existant great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather who was Christopher Columbus' sons' nephews' sons' nephews' sons' nephews' sons' nephews' sons' nephews' sons' nephews' sons' son

nah in all seriosuness, i meant another word that i cant seem to remember, you know when ya gets words stuck on the tip of your tongue

actually i have the best idea....stay tuned

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I never received an official reply from BullsandBearcats about my "billionaire industrialist/philanthropist who founds a university and HIRES a design team" question, so I have two questions:

1. Is that okay?

2. If so, is there anyone who might be willing to hear some of my ideas and try to put them into action? I think I have some good ideas (though I may be a little biased on that point), but no skill/means/time to execute them. I promise to do my best not to be meddlesome once an idea is decided upon. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I never received an official reply from BullsandBearcats about my "billionaire industrialist/philanthropist who founds a university and HIRES a design team" question, so I have two questions:

1.  Is that okay?

2.  If so, is there anyone who might be willing to hear some of my ideas and try to put them into action?  I think I have some good ideas (though I may be a little biased on that point), but no skill/means/time to execute them.  I promise to do my best not to be meddlesome once an idea is decided upon.  :D

Someone can execute your visions, but the person who does must be given credit and they'll be the one "technically" in the contest.

But only one entry per contestant. So you'd have to find someone who isn't already entering.

buffalo_sig.png

1.  Is that okay?

2.  If so, is there anyone who might be willing to hear some of my ideas and try to put them into action?  I think I have some good ideas (though I may be a little biased on that point), but no skill/means/time to execute them.  I promise to do my best not to be meddlesome once an idea is decided upon.  :D

Someone can execute your visions, by the person who does must be given credit and they'll be the one "technically" in the contest.

But only one entry per contestant. So you'd have to find someone who isn't already entering.

Thanks. I think lightbluenc and I will be doing something (with him as the contestant). Several names and locations are presently under consideration. It depends on which municipality is willing to provide me with the most premium land upon which to realize my vision. :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I think I'll enter as the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles when I get the time to work on it.

Orange and Purple? Will you be luring Coach Fox back to the school?

lightbluenc and I will be doing the Chesapeake University Clippers of Cambridge, MD (with him as the contestant, as I am only the source of funding).

One question, which will drive the way we go re: logos, etc. --

I know the school is supposed to be founded and started "from scratch". Does that mean we should assume that it literally opened its doors in 2005 or can the school have been around for 100-150 years and have an athletic history? Please advise.

I'm in...

I'll be doing the Northern Connecticut State Rams, based out of Torrington, CT.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

lightbluenc and I will be doing the Chesapeake University Clippers of Cambridge, MD (with him as the contestant, as I am only the source of funding).

One question, which will drive the way we go re: logos, etc. --

I know the school is supposed to be founded and started "from scratch". Does that mean we should assume that it literally opened its doors in 2005 or can the school have been around for 100-150 years and have an athletic history? Please advise.

Starting a new school from scratch in 2005 or well almost 2006. But it can look traditional if you want.

buffalo_sig.png

Archived