University Outbreak Challenge

Bearcats

yeah matt, see my sig for their logo (the green one, not the red one).  I actually used to go to USF, but then I transferred

oh ok, i knew of Florida State cos they started Gatorade, but never heard of USF....i thought i made it up lol

Careful. :P You're going to pi$$ off some Univ. of Florida fans. I'm sure they will gladly tell you that researchers at their fine institution (home of the Gators) invented Gatorade, and not researchers at their hated rival, Free Shoes . . . I mean Florida State University (home of the Seminoles). :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah matt, see my sig for their logo (the green one, not the red one).  I actually used to go to USF, but then I transferred

oh ok, i knew of Florida State cos they started Gatorade, but never heard of USF....i thought i made it up lol

Careful. :P You're going to pi$$ off some Univ. of Florida fans. I'm sure they will gladly tell you that researchers at their fine institution (home of the Gators) invented Gatorade, and not researchers at their hated rival, Free Shoes . . . I mean Florida State University (home of the Seminoles). :P

WHAT? is there another uni down there.....so now we got Uni of South Florida which i thought i made up, then Uni of Florida and Florida State are two different uni's? ah fluff

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

WHAT? is there another uni down there.....so now we got Uni of South Florida which i thought i made up, then Uni of Florida and Florida State are two different uni's? ah fluff

There's also the University of Miami, Central Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, and there might be a few more.

There's also the University of Miami, Central Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, and there might be a few more.

U of Tampa, Northern Florida, Western Florida, Florida A&M...

Just so you know Alphabet Man just about every state in the US has the University of (Incert State Name Here), (Incert State Name Here) State University, (Incert State Name Here) Tech University, at least 5 directional universities plus every major city with at least one university.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

According to Wikipedia, these are the schools in Florida's State University System (basically Florida's public universities):

* Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, Florida (1887)

* Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida (1961, 1964)

* Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, Florida (1991, 1997)

* Florida International University, Miami, Florida (1965, 1972)

* Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida (1851 as Florida Seminary West of the Suwannee, 1901 as Florida State College for Women and 1947 as FSU)

* New College of Florida, Sarasota, Florida (1960, 1964 as a private college. Merged into USF's system in 1975, gained independence in 2001)

* University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida (1963, 1968)

* University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida (1853 (official), 1905 (actual), 1906 (first class))

* University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida (1969, 1972)

* University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida (1956, 1960)

* University of West Florida, Pensacola, Florida (1963, 1967 for upper grades, 1983 for all four years)

Above schools with more than one year designate founding year, and then year opened. Schools like Miami and other schoools are private schools.

Grrrrrrrr, Matt, how dare you associate such and ugly mascot and disgusting drink with Florida State?!?!?! That was UF.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Grrrrrrrr, Matt, how dare you associate such and ugly mascot and disgusting drink with Florida State?!?!?! That was UF.

ahh ok....i didnt know they were different lol

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

School: Shalimar State University

Colors: Red, Black, Silver, White

Academic:

SSU_academic.png

Logos:

SSU_smaller.gif

Football Uniforms:

SSU_football_2b.png

Football Field:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/geo...t/field_SSU.gif

Hockey Uniforms:

SSU_hockey.png

Hockey Rink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/geo...ot/SSU_rink.gif

Basketball Uniforms:

SSU.gif

Basketball Court:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/geo...t/SSU_court.gif

Field, Court, and Rink not in IMG tags to cut down on post size.

One Unvieling and one preview in the post. Unvieling: SSU's new football uniform. Preview: iDS

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

that reminds me of the wnba team the Minnesota Lynx

Not downing your concept, it looks good, it just made me think

of that team.

Unbelievable, I've never heard of that team in my life. Women basketball is as popular in Montreal as ice hockey in Uruguay... :blink:

I wanted to do Minnesota because when I arrived home from work yesterday it was -20 celsius in Montreal. It inspired me very much. And the Lynx appeared to be the right animal. I guess I was right 'bout this since one team is REALLY named Minnesota Lynx... What a coincidence!

Not only I choose the same name but I'm in the same colors... :mad:

It took me so long to do it... :cursing:

I guess I will have to do another one...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

USF is going to play North Carolina State in the Meineke Care Bowl. The game will be played December 31 at 11 a.m. in Charlotte, NC and it will be aired on ESPN2.

SALEM, OR -- 13 DECEMBER 2005 8:30A.M. PST

Salem University President Mervin Merkin has announced the prestigious university's new athletic nickname in a statewide press conferece today at the Oregon state capitol. Merkin announced that the university shall be henceforth known as the Falcons.

The nickname comes from one of Oregon's endangered species, the American Peregrine Falcon. "As wildlife preservation and conservation is so important to the state of Oregon, as well as to us here at Salem University," Merkin said, "We feel that the Falcon is an especially appropriate nickname for our school. We will be proud to be battling on the field and in the classroom under the name of one of the most majestic species of Bird of Prey that this country has been blessed to know."

The University has contracted with Brian Gundell of G2 Designs to create the university's identity for both academics and athletics. School colors have yet to be officially announced, but Merkin assured that they would be "bold and striking." Merkin also said that the university would hold another press conference later this month to reveal the new athletic and academic identities for the school.

Merkin closed the press conference with the school's motto, "Lux Viam Duceat" - Latin for "Let Light Lead the Way."

- Jon Doe, AP

OD_Signature.jpg

Le Québécois: You need an academic logo. In order to do a new entry you need to delete the old one because only one entry can be submitted for voting.

Geoff_Der_Idiot: For voting, it would help to resize your images smaller and all in one post.

buffalo_sig.png

One quick question.

If someone else does a team from one city, does that mean no other entries can come from that city?

Eg Boston, which is already done, and is a sister city to Melbourne Aus. (And therefore the one I'd like to do)

There can be more than one entry per city. Needs a different nickname.

buffalo_sig.png

Archived