University Outbreak Challenge

Bearcats

How are you planning to do the voting? Are you going to do a seperate thread because the size of this one seems unpratical, and we still have, what, like 3 weeks left before voting?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are you planning to do the voting? Are you going to do a seperate thread because the size of this one seems unpratical, and we still have, what, like 3 weeks left before voting?

Definitely a separate thread.

You can give 3 points to your favorite, 2 points to your second favorite and 1 point to your third favorite. Then I'll tally the votes.

buffalo_sig.png

if anyone would like some inspiration for this contest, i have an idea i'd love to see executed...i'm just not talented enough

school name:

eastern mormon university (or really, any school with EMU initials...i'm not mormon...but there is already an eastern mennonite and eastern michigan and maybe eastern maine and eastern missouri...who knows, you can be creative with the name as long as the initials are EMU!)

pick a location on the east cost or in the eastern part of a state that begins with "m"

mascot:

fighting emu's (to play on the EMU moniker)

colors:

pick colors

anyone want to give my idea a whirl?

jldesigns404eo.png

Ian: Nice work there - I think your leopard could use some whiskers though, and he has no neck. I really like the split shield design for the Academic logo and the wordmark is great. I think with the shield tho you should have the inner part of it follow the shape of the outline, but that's just my opinion. again, nice work.

OD_Signature.jpg

Hey all, I kind of want to enter this contest and just have one quick question - are all those templates above, especially the ones used by logodawg, available in the templates thread? I can't seem to find them...

The football one is available from rmered, the other I found digging through the old templates thread.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

chief103182: Minnesota State University already exists. In fact, there are two: Minnesota State University, Mankato and Minnesota State University, Moorhead. If you want it to be a new university, you need to give it a home other than the two shown.

Le Quebecois: The University of Minnesota also already exists, in four places: Twin Cities, Duluth, Morris (My hometown), and Crookston. You need to give it a different home or something.

My suggestion to both of you would be a directional (Northern, Southern, Western, Eastern) Minnesota/Minnesota State.

Again, they wouldn't be original if you kept them the way they were, and I'm pretty sure the contest states you need them to be original.

Personally, I would rather have a new university in Minnesota named the "Lakers", but that's just me :D

Look, I've had to change some of the crap I've done twice because someone's posted something close to what I have done. I don't want to be accused of ripping anyone off, so I make one simple plea, please stop stealing my good ideas that you have no idea that I have thought up!! :P.

In all seriousness, when I opened up the thread today, I was like, "Holy :censored:! There are some amazing entries here." Excellent work. I hope to see some of these designs come to life one day.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Le Quebecois: The University of Minnesota also already exists, in four places: Twin Cities, Duluth, Morris (My hometown), and Crookston. You need to give it a different home or something.
the university can exist, as long as they do a new athletic identity and academic identity - read the rules on page one

I'm confused.... :wacko:

Am I OK or not with my concept... I know that there,s no way I'm gonna win this contest after seeing other entries but if at least, my concept is within the contest rules, it woud be half-bad ahahahah

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Am I OK or not with my concept... I know that there,s no way I'm gonna win this contest after seeing other entries but if at least, my concept is within the contest rules, it woud be half-bad ahahahah

You're fine with the entry you have, from what B&B had said on the first page, you can make a university in a place that already has one, as long as you switch the nickname, which you did.

I was born in "The Last Frontier" and I plan to go back some day. Just puttin' my concept in the mix bag of concepts we got already.

alaskastateu.png

A very bright blue you got there.

Can I suggest using a different shade of light blue, maybe Dennis.gif, as used by North Carolina.

On my Illustrator 10 the RGB is Red-156 - Green-188 - Blue-218

Try using that shade, I think it will be easier on the eyes.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

the university can exist, as long as they do a new athletic identity and academic identity - read the rules on page one

You're fine. Don't worry.

Sorry if this is confusing. It's crystal clear in my mind. :down:

buffalo_sig.png

Archived