speedy

More NHL:

Calgary Flames

Ottawa Senators

St. Louis Blues

Tampa Bay Lightning

Toronto Maple Leafs

Washington Capitals

Always been a HUGE fan of the Gretzky Era Kings jerseys, but at the same time I love their package right now, minus the purple. The Silver and Black was always so badass, so I mixed the Gretzky Jerseys with the modern logos. And a little side note, I am not a fan at all of the alternate jersey but I couldnt think up another way to work with silver as the primary..

kings-2.png

C&C as always...

EDIT: Changed Number/Name Font. Changed the Alternate.

I'm wondering how it'd look like with purple instead of black...

It's a nice work, although the secondary doesn't pop out enough on the silver alt.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I think this concept is very solid. I agree that the colors look badass, somewhat like the Raiders...of 1981. (Someone had to sneak in a Raiders joke) A few minor scruples--I would alter the striping to make it look more sleek and metallic, and the same with the font. Also, as mentioned before by pollux, the chest logo on the alternate jersey doesn't stick out nearly enough.

I never realized how bad purple was until this moment. A-

P.S. If it is not a problem, can you PM me this fabulous template. Thank you very much in advance.

Seems way too plain without the purple. That, and the number font and the font on the primary don't work.

I agree, I think if you just added small amounts of purple through out the design as accents it would look great.

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

Love the gretzky-era colors... not sure about the font, but great work as always ps can u pm me with the template please? :D

JJWAY, how'd you get back in here? Didn't you get banned a while back?

Back on topic, usually when I see the words "linking the eras", I expect the worst. This actually works, though. Instead of trying to mix the logos, you simply took the current identity and did it in Gretzky-era colors. Definitely the correct way to link the eras, instead of trying to mix and match logos from different identity packages.

QPR%20Sig.png

For some reason I really REALLY like these. I'm not a big fan of the gray jersey, but the colors, design and logo are sweet as hell. I'd love to see the gray one switched to black, but maybe white thin stripes and gray larger stripes. Great work, nevertheless.

Striping on the alt isn't grabbing me...both logos embrace curves with sharp angles, perhaps something a little more derivative of them?

For the shield logo, I'd like to see the two white panels reversed to black. I think that would add a bit more contrast.

It needs purple. It looks like the Raiders started a hockey team.

That was the LA Kings intent when they first issued these colors, if im not mistaken, to capitalize on the popularity of the raiders at the time. Same with the font switch in the 80's to the "Lakers Font" to capitalize on the popularity of the Lakers at that time.

Love the gretzky-era colors... not sure about the font, but great work as always ps can u pm me with the template please? :D

JJWAY, how'd you get back in here? Didn't you get banned a while back?

Back on topic, usually when I see the words "linking the eras", I expect the worst. This actually works, though. Instead of trying to mix the logos, you simply took the current identity and did it in Gretzky-era colors. Definitely the correct way to link the eras, instead of trying to mix and match logos from different identity packages.

How could you tell it was him?

Anyways, I'm not sure which era of Kings coluors I like better, but this is very well-executed. I would love to see them wear these. I'm not so sure about the alt, usually metallic colours don't make for a good base colour of a jersey. Perhaps a recreation of the infamous Sunday alt? B):hockeysmiley:

Archived