Philadelphia Eagles 75th anniversary season

BigEd76

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the Eagles and Steelers play in the preseason, and both are celebrating their 75th seasons... Steagles throwbacks, anyone?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This should be cool to see something different on the Eagles' backs. I would have preferred to maybe see the Cunningham era beauties though. Maybe they can they bust those out sometime in the future *sighs *

Well, the Eagles and Steelers play in the preseason, and both are celebrating their 75th seasons... Steagles throwbacks, anyone?

Well, the Steagles home unis were simply the unis of the team in the city they happened to be playing in (in Phily they wore the Eagles unis, in Pittsburgh they wore the Steelers unis). I would assume they switched off on the road as well.

Not sure if this one was mentioned yet. The first appearance will be week 3 vs Detroit. Not sure of the second appearance...

mn-eag33d33k.gif

What's your source for this? I haven't been able to find anything online yet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would have preferred to maybe see the Cunningham era beauties though. Maybe they can they bust those out sometime in the future *sighs *

Unfortunately that won't happen until Lurie gives up the team. They hate the kelly green... <_<

BB - Spadaro has been hinting at it but isn't allowed to say anything official because he works for the team. Someone else in NovaCare revealed it though ...

I would have preferred to maybe see the Cunningham era beauties though. Maybe they can they bust those out sometime in the future *sighs *

Unfortunately that won't happen until Lurie gives up the team. They hate the kelly green... <_<

BB - Spadaro has been hinting at it but isn't allowed to say anything official because he works for the team. Someone else in NovaCare revealed it though ...

Spuds has about as much journalistic integrity as Joel Duffman from the Newsly Times. :D

So what happens to the black jerseys then?

With any luck, we've seen the last of them.

Doubtful though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Looks like they might unveil them tomorrow...

Newscom.com:

Philadelphia Eagles will Celebrate Its 75th Anniversary During the 2007 Season

Document: PA-Eagles-75th-Anniv

Date Posted: Apr/20/2007 4:10 PM

Size: approx. 302 words

Provider: PRN

Tag ID: prnewswire236995

PA-Eagles-75th-Anniv

Philadelphia Eagles will Celebrate Its 75th Anniversary During the 2007 Season

WHO: Eagles Owner and Chairman Jeffrey Lurie

Voice of the Eagles Merrill Reese

Eagles Players David Akers and Jevon Kearse

Eagles Cheerleaders

WHAT: Press conference to announce the 75th anniversary season of the Philadelphia Eagles.

WHERE: NovaCare Complex Auditorium, north side of Pattison Avenue, west of Broad Street

WHEN: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 11 a.m.

DETAILS: The Philadelphia Eagles will celebrate its 75th anniversary

during the 2007 season. Elements of the festivities will be

unveiled at this press conference just in time to kick off the

2007 draft. You won't want to miss special highlights, memories,

and details of what's to come!

Joining Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie, will be radio sportscaster and Voice of the Eagles Merrill Reese, Eagles players David Akers and Jevon Kearse, and representatives of the new 2007 Eagles Cheerleader Squad. Also on hand for Q&A will be Eagles award-winning American sportswriter and Pro Football Hall of Famer Ray Didinger.

--PHOTO AND FEATURE OPPORTUNITY--

If this is true, I'm rather surprised, since the Lurie/Banner regime doesn't seem to want to promote anything other than midnight green and black. I understand wanting to solidify an identity, and I don't like it when a team has one identity for 75% of their games and one for 25%, but sometimes they act as if football didn't exist prior to 1996. Two seasons ago, they honored Reggie White with a retired-number banner (the only such banner I've ever seen them have.) The colors? Black, white, midnight green, all with the current number font.

Anyway, I'm a little torn on this one. I don't jizz my pants over throwbacks like many on this board, but I guess for a one-time thing it's alright (as long as they do a matching helmet and pants.) I'd rather them do it in the preseason, but I understand it isn't practical due to the roster sizes.

Well, the Steagles home unis were simply the unis of the team in the city they happened to be playing in (in Phily they wore the Eagles unis, in Pittsburgh they wore the Steelers unis). I would assume they switched off on the road as well.

Was that the same deal (uni wise) with Card-Pitt? (sorry to go OT)

Was that the same deal (uni wise) with Card-Pitt? (sorry to go OT)

the steagles wore the philly eagles unis (silver leather helmet with green earpeices, green jerseys with white numerals, white sleeve panels and white side panels, silver/gray pants, green socks with two thin white rings) for ALL games in 1943.

card-pitt wore the cardinals attire (white leather helmet, red jerseys with white numerals, white pants, red socks) for all but one game, in which blue jerseys with white numerals - and i assume blue socks - were worn for a game in washington in 1944.

tb

wow the 75th anniversary logo is boring, they couldve done much much better.

Agreed. It is officially a race to the bottom between the Steelers and Eagles in the "Most Boring 75th Anniversary Logo" contest.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Press conference on CSN NOW (11a EDT).

Throwbacks to be worn v. Detroit.

And it's more than just the jerseys - it's head-to-toe.

COLORS: athletic gold and electric blue... Philadelphia's city colors. Somewhere in the archives of CCSLC is my Phillies concept in city colors - it's the same color combo.

HELMET: athletic gold with electric blue elements - Michigan-like wings but without the straight lines leading to the back of the helmet but a thick electric blue stripe.

JERSEYS: gold body with blue shoulder yokes (think Titans), single-twill blue numbers, Block Varsity.

PANTS: plain white.

SOCKS: electric blue with 3 thin gold stripes horizontally.

WELL DONE, BIRDS.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Pretty sweet jerseys... I love when home jerseys are color-on-color, with no white (e.g. USC, Michigan, Raiders).

If I didn't hate Philadelphia with a passion, I would consider getting one. With any luck, these will replace their horrible black alts.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived