Philadelphia Eagles 75th anniversary season

BigEd76

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

75-303L.jpg

I assume that's what the helmet they'll be wearing looks like.

You are correct. It vaguely resembles the Michigan helmets, also a vestige of the leather helmet age. But the center stripe is huge - maybe three times the width of the normal middle stripe. And it's all one element.

It's gonna look REALLY good.

Now if the Luries would ever trot out the silver pants and the kelly greens, we'd be set - even if it's for *SHUDDER* Rich Kotite Day... :blink:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Photos from today's press conference.

75thPC_1.jpg

75thPC_4.jpg

75thPC_5.jpg

472574427_57b0703040_o.jpg

Throwback Game -- Kicker David Akers and defensive end Jevon Kearse modeled blue and yellow throwback uniforms at the press conference, commemorating the color scheme and design worn by the Eagles during their first season in the NFL in 1933. Designed in cooperation with the NFL and Reebok, the uniforms will be worn during the September 23 home game vs. the Detroit Lions.

The blue and yellow colors were the first colors worn by the Eagles, after the Frankford Yellow Jackets went bankrupt and the NFL awarded the Philadelphia franchise to a syndicate headed by former University of Pennsylvania teammates Lud Wray and Bert Bell for an entry fee of $2,500. The Swedes were in Philadelphia before the arrival of William Penn and he incorporated their colors into the City of Philadelphia's flag.

Throwback Game -- Kicker David Akers and defensive end Jevon Kearse modeled blue and yellow throwback uniforms at the press conference, commemorating the color scheme and design worn by the Eagles during their first season in the NFL in 1933. Designed in cooperation with the NFL and Reebok, the uniforms will be worn during the September 23 home game vs. the Detroit Lions.

So, which jerseys will the Lions wear in this game -- white, blue, black, or some throwback? It would seem that either white or Honolulu blue could cause contrast issues. **shudder**

It's where I sit.

wow! :blink:

Not too sure about those unis. Wish they'd take a little bit of dark blue and outline the lettering a bit just for legibility.

This uni kind of reminds me of the old Rams yellow jerseys from way back when. Where did those butes go?

I wonder if they'll give us throwback usher outfits to wear for the game...

...probably not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Notice that the black jersey was NOT (repeat NOT) included in the press photos...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

But... they already sell mass-produced replicas of those.

But... they already sell mass-produced replicas of those.

Yeah, I think if you're going to do this, you should really do it, and step outside the throwbacks you already sell.

Besides, what's more appropriate for a 75th Anniversary than going back to the uniform they wore 75 years ago?

They should of brought back the white helmets

should HAVE.

Archived