BigEd76

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should of brought back the white helmets

should HAVE.

Should HAVE what?

:P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Notice that the black jersey was NOT (repeat NOT) included in the press photos...

Oh, wouldn't that be a great if they ditched those things? I can't stand them, I'd rather see them in blue and yellow 4 times a year then those "we just want to join the crowd and have a black alternate jersey"...errr...jerseys.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

Notice that the black jersey was NOT (repeat NOT) included in the press photos...

Oh, wouldn't that be a great if they ditched those things? I can't stand them, I'd rather see them in blue and yellow 4 times a year then those "we just want to join the crowd and have a black alternate jersey"...errr...jerseys.

Amen.

75thPC_15.jpg

75thPC_18.jpg

Ah ha...so THEY'RE the ones who started all this columbia blue/yellow madness!!!!!

:D

(I know, I know, I know...the colors come from the Philly city flag, which itself was a bit influenced by the SWEDISH flag, at least in color...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Did they really wear white pants with this uni in '33? I thought that we were still in the tan canvas era at that time.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As far as the anniversary logo...

I think on the jerseys it looks good. Its sometimes hard to look at these and realize that they are going to be 3" patches on jerseys, so you want to maintain some kind of legibility from a distance. That's the primary use of these logos, so you want to keep them simple for legibility, and production.

Is it me or does Akers look like a human bobblehead in that picture with the helmet on?

Fot what it's worth, they could were a combination of polka dots and roses and people will still buy them in Philadelphia. Which is a statement unto itself in regards to how much people love that team. I wonder if I can convince people here in Sweden to support them now, and get them to quit supporting the Vikings and every freaking team in New York.

We've talked about the uniforms a lot, but not so much about the logo....

Here's the logo. BORING.

TDI20070425MB-06.jpg

Then again, you've pretty much said it all. It's very disappointing - even "boring" would be a step up. What's with all the wasted gray space? The wasted black space in the circle?

Is the white-crescents-in-gray-circle a reference I'm just not getting?

The Eagle logo doesn't work with the shape, seeming tacked-on. Bonus points for using the custom numbers, but that's about all I can say about it.

Yeah it is boring, I mean, we know what the logo looks like, it' son the sleeves so that isn't presenting anything new. The dates are a bit unnecessary since the key is 75 seasons, not 75 years. Why not do a montage of the different helmets that have been used, or something to depict an era of time that has passed.

That could have been slapped together in AI in 15 minutes...

Why not do a montage of the different helmets that have been used, or something to depict an era of time that has passed.

Then we'd have to argue about whether or not they had a black outline around the wing in 1973.

Oh wait - wrong board. Sorry :D

[on topic]

I like that idea - that could look cool. The Eagles have had enough subtly different helmets that this would work.

It's where I sit.

I really like that they're using a uniform I had never seen before that features colors not normally associated with the Eagles. And I like that the style is simple, old-fashioned, and, in its own way, elegant.

However, those colors are too shiny. There must have been a way to dull them down a bit, right? They look like disco dancers are something.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The thing about them being shiny, and I'm against as well, may be just to differentiate them from the actual throwbacks that Mitchell and Ness sell. That and because of the material that Reebok uses for sleeves. Personally I think they should be out there in exactly what they wore in the 30's made of exactly the same material. But, that may be a bit much.

more ugly pointless throwbacks?

sigh

EDIT: forget this part. i made my point.

It's actually rather cool. Yes, they're bright, but they're only for one game. They look like 50's era UCLA jerseys, almost. And I like the "Whale Tail" Helmets. Considering that the colors of the city and the state are Blue and Gold, it's odd that none of the teams here have adopted those colors.

philly.png

Archived