Heeeeeeeres Johhny

Brendan

I've always been one to appreciate any "Out There" concepts, and I will admit to really liking this one.

The only modification I would do is to modify the plaid to make it like more like an old flanel axeman shirt as opposed to a Scottish tartan.

I know it's close to an existing Canuck concept, but still feels too Scottish for hockey.

2cqiqrq.th.jpg

Any one remembers seeing pictures of the Milwaukee Admirals special Plaid jersey ( I mean the Admirals have never shoed away from Special occasions jerseys, including St-Patrick's, Hawaiian - google it...)

2739103450102660757s500.th.jpg

I also designed a plaid shirt for a Fantasy team called the Redneck Riflers awhile back (2003)...

rrralternate3.th.gif

Enough "threadjacking"... back to this concept.

Again, I like idea, like this version of the Johnny Canuck logo (as opposed to the "Vachon Cakes" shoulder patch) and would probably like a plaid a little more "brawny" like the attached

p11572417.th.jpg

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I can't believe it, but I like it. It's actually something I'd rather see on the ice than the Canucks' uber-boring current duds.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I like the update. It's a very well-executed version of what could have been a huge eye sore, so great job. One suggestion would be to make the numbers on the back double-outlined to give just a touch more separation. I would say on the white jersey: blue numbers, white outline, green outline. On the blue jersey: white numbers, blue outline, green outline.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

JC looks a little washed out against the plaid... I recommend something a little different - something that would kind of tie this jersey into their past (at least a little bit...)

Move JC to the shoulders or sleeves. Maybe get rid of the plaid on the sleeves so that you have more room to work with and can make him bigger, or make the numbers white and put them in the plaid so JC can have a little more room to breathe. You could still do this with things as is, but the idea I have requires a JC that is slightly larger than traditional shoulder-patch size.

Then, on the front, just go with a simple "V" cutting into the plaid. I'm thinking white with either a blue or green outline - kind of like the numbers on the back of the blue jersey, but smaller. I really think it would stand out against the plaid more than JC, and frankly look a little classier than having JC front and center.

The tie in is to the flying V jerseys, that had the main "skate" logo on the sleeves / shoulders, and just a big V in the front. I'm not recommending anything that garish, but I really think it would improve what has the potential to be a really strong design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

JC looks a little washed out against the plaid... I recommend something a little different - something that would kind of tie this jersey into their past (at least a little bit...)

Move JC to the shoulders or sleeves. Maybe get rid of the plaid on the sleeves so that you have more room to work with and can make him bigger, or make the numbers white and put them in the plaid so JC can have a little more room to breathe. You could still do this with things as is, but the idea I have requires a JC that is slightly larger than traditional shoulder-patch size.

Then, on the front, just go with a simple "V" cutting into the plaid. I'm thinking white with either a blue or green outline - kind of like the numbers on the back of the blue jersey, but smaller. I really think it would stand out against the plaid more than JC, and frankly look a little classier than having JC front and center.

The tie in is to the flying V jerseys, that had the main "skate" logo on the sleeves / shoulders, and just a big V in the front. I'm not recommending anything that garish, but I really think it would improve what has the potential to be a really strong design.

Now that you mention it, JC does get a little lost. This may sound a little crazy, but what if you made plaid side panels (I know it's not old time hockeyish, but I don't think it would look completely awful).

That is awesome. Great execution. Only thing I'm not sure about is the number's outline on the blue jersey. Something looks a little off about that. Maybe the green on green thing, But I may be wrong.

Great Idea though, and great execution.

Ibleed-1.png

I think I liked the original better. The plaid on it looked more... plaid.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived