Cavs with another alternate last night

jimbojohnny56

What was last nights uni's for. The Cavs have worn so many different uniforms in the last couple years it's kind of getting ridiculous at this point. Pick a home and away and be done with it. It's got to be the Lebron James factor. The league and the team must figure that any jerseys the Cavs wear in a game sell with 23 on them.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol well. The Cavs have the Home White, Away Red, the alternate road blue, then they have a Hardwood Classic. This year and last year, they have taken the Hardwood Classic uniform, and then switch the colors from a different era. They call it the Cavfanatic uniform. It so honor the online community and the fans.

5 Uniforms is a bit much, but they said the owner Dan Gilbert is one of the best money managers of all time. Last year, the Cavs were one of five teams to either break even, or make money with the recession. The other 5 teams were "big market" teams. Cleveland was the only "small market" team. So i gotta trust in his judgment.

I put a request in the request forum for someone to make it since i'm awful at it.

EDIT: here is the link http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=71237

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

lol well. The Cavs have the Home White, Away Red, the alternate road blue, then they have a Hardwood Classic. This year and last year, they have taken the Hardwood Classic uniform, and then switch the colors from a different era. They call it the Cavfanatic uniform. It so honor the online community and the fans.

5 Uniforms is a bit much, but they said the owner Dan Gilbert is one of the best money managers of all time. Last year, the Cavs were one of five teams to either break even, or make money with the recession. The other 5 teams were "big market" teams. Cleveland was the only "small market" team. So i gotta trust in his judgment.

I put a request in the request forum for someone to make it since i'm awful at it.

Who cares how much money they brought in/how great of a money manager he is? They have too many jerseys, a topic that has been well discussed.

Who cares how much money they brought in/how great of a money manager he is? They have too many jerseys, a topic that has been well discussed.

The cavs could wear 50 jerseys or just 3 jerseys, bottom line is that people pay to see lebron. The colorway from last night was pretty cool, but the reasons for busting out another new uni is a little crazy.

I mean they could have a "retro" jersey night for lebron's last game in Cleavland, where the 80's jersey is in the colorway of his high school Irish team--it's that crazy.

man people get so offensive in this forum. I was just stating a point, 5 jersey's are a bit much, but since the NBA is a business, its a wise business move to get the revenue from those other jerseys ya know? thats all i was saying. Didn't want to offend you man, sorry.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I remember back in the 80's & 90's when they wore that jersey in orange & blue. I use to tell my friends how sweet that uni would look in wine & gold. Glad to finally get a chance to see it.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

After watching highlights, despite the color combo, and the number of uni's that the Cavs wear, those looked beautiful on court. The simplicity and minimal clutter on them looked fantastic to watch. No one in the NBA has that kind of fantastic look anymore with thier uniforms IMO...

What was last nights uni's for. The Cavs have worn so many different uniforms in the last couple years it's kind of getting ridiculous at this point. Pick a home and away and be done with it. It's got to be the Lebron James factor. The league and the team must figure that any jerseys the Cavs wear in a game sell with 23 on them.

They are just trying to sell as many LeBron jerseys as they can before he joins the Knicks.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

yeah i am a big fan of the "wine and gold" colors. Like you, i also like the less cluttered theme of a uniform. I still think my favorite uniforms from the Cavs are the first 2 uniform designs. The first with the C and the script Cavaliers, and then the next one, with the wine, white, and gold squares going down the sides.

relax, the cavs are only wearing the fanatic uniform twice. yesterday versus the wizards, and an upcoming game with the lakers.

sure, it's about money. for those that think lebron is leaving, give dan gilbert credit for cashing in while he could. but, when lebron decides to stay, new yorkers can continue to buy his jersey and dream.

EDIT: here is the link http://boards.sports...showtopic=71237

man people get so offensive in this forum. I was just stating a point, 5 jersey's are a bit much, but since the NBA is a business, its a wise business move to get the revenue from those other jerseys ya know? thats all i was saying. Didn't want to offend you man, sorry.

The point is that it's not necessarily a good wise business move.

The Cavs had a chance to own wine and gold, just like the Lakers own purple and yellow. They had a chance to get their brand out there in everyone's face, and make themselves one of the few "instantly recognizable" teams in the league. Instead, they wear a different uniform nearly every night, and every time I see a poster or ad with LeBron in it, he seems to be wearing different colors. It's true that more jerseys can = more sales, but that's an immediate short-term thing. Building a brand and establishing an identity could lead to long term business success. The Cavs had been one of the worst teams in all of professional sports at this (changing logos, colors, uniforms, etc. every couple of years), but they had a chance to really turn it around in the LeBron era. Sadly for them, they wasted most of his time there, and they'll probably just end up doing what they've always done after he's gone - changing colors / logos again.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i agree with you. I love how the Lakers, Celtics, Yankees, Browns (to name a few), have those uniforms and colors that are synonymous with their respected franchises. I think it is very classy, and i have such a strong respect for tradition.

One thing we have seen though is, smaller market teams tend to change their logos/colors through the years so fans buy the merchandise to get the "newest and latest" colors and logos. There are only a few teams in all of major sports that keep their traditional uniforms. Most franchises change their logos/colors/uniforms/wordmarks multiple times. That's the business aspect of it, and that's the reality of it. That is all i am saying... wasn't trying to get under anyone's skin.

If it were up to me, the Cavs would have stuck with their original Cavaliers logo in white, gold and white. However, just as a counter point. The Lakers did make the white uniform a few years back... that, in-part, was a revenue move as well. They also brought the stripe from the shorts to the jersey as well. And i believe in the mid 60's? the Lakers did change their colors and their font/script logo.

I wasn't attacking anyone or insulting anyone. just making my points and my opinions in a calm, mature manner. That's all i ask in return from people.

relax, the cavs are only wearing the fanatic uniform twice. yesterday versus the wizards, and an upcoming game with the lakers.

sure, it's about money. for those that think lebron is leaving, give dan gilbert credit for cashing in while he could. but, when lebron decides to stay, new yorkers can continue to buy his jersey and dream.

Amen, I can't wait until everybody who says he's leaving has to eat a great big crap sandwich.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

The problem with these is they already busted out the the Hardwood Classics this year with the Royal Blue and Orange with that logo on the unis as a throwback to the late 80's early 90's. To take basically that retro design and simply change the colors to Wine and Athletic Gold is just overkill.Pick one or the other. I hate the fact they wear too many jerseys but I love that old logo and it did'nt look bad with those colors but Cavs just pick a uniform already.

The problem with these is they already busted out the the Hardwood Classics this year with the Royal Blue and Orange with that logo on the unis as a throwback to the late 80's early 90's. To take basically that retro design and simply change the colors to Wine and Athletic Gold is just overkill.Pick one or the other. I hate the fact they wear too many jerseys but I love that old logo and it did'nt look bad with those colors but Cavs just pick a uniform already.

Well that is the point of the "Cavfanatic" jersey. They did it last year with those insane Powder blue, red, and yellow uniforms. They take the Hardwood Classic uniform, and then color it with the colors of an other era of jerseys.

its just something fun to do for the fans. they only wear them 2 times i think. i think its cool idea for the fans... but as a 5th jersey, it is a bit much.

Yes, of course. Dream of a world where they can never win a game in the finals, just like Lebron and the Cavs :P

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Yes, of course. Dream of a world where they can never win a game in the finals, just like Lebron and the Cavs :P

how are the bulls this year? :therock:

Hell, they should just make another 20 alt jerseys while they're at it and just make it a total uniform circus.

I would kill to see a jersey that says "The LeBrons" on the front. I love it when they use that nickname on SportsCenter. Makes me laugh, because thats essentially what they are.

how are the bulls this year? :therock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bvyUcmFgMA

You can go sit down now. Game. Set. Match. :P

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived