Sneak Peak at the new Utah Jazz Jerseys?

dahlelama

Yeah it's not showing up...could you please re-post the link? Anxious Jazz fan here..... :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

:blink:

Hmmm...that's interesting.

My initial thoughts -

1) That is definetely material I have never seen before

2) Is that a number or a letter?

3) Is that number/letter black and silver??

4) Are we sure this is really a Jazz uni?

I already had a headache to begin with, but now my head's spinning in circles over this. I just hope that if this is true, that my Jazz get it right with a good change :therock:

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Alright guys, sorry to keep posting, but I came across this article on purpleandblues.com, a Jazz fan website. Pretty interesting stuff here, apparently Deron Williams speaks highly of the potential new look....

http://purpleandblues.com/2010/02/03/are-the-jazz-changing-their-logo/

By the way, this article was dated February 3, 2010.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I sure hope that this isn't the final look, unless I'm missing something. I thought they were going to be navy, green, and gold (whether it be metallic gold or athletic gold, AKA Yellow, remains to be confirmed); I don't see any green or gold here. Of course, the picture doesn't do much justice for the jersey.

And, if I remember right, GregInUtah is indeed Greg Miller, current owner of the Jazz, so this is coming straight from the top of the Jazz organization.

--EDIT--

Of course, there's a chance that this photo could--I repeat, could--be in black and white.

I sure hope that this isn't the final look, unless I'm missing something. I thought they were going to be navy, green, and gold (whether it be metallic gold or athletic gold, AKA Yellow, remains to be confirmed); I don't see any green or gold here. Of course, the picture doesn't do much justice for the jersey.

And, if I remember right, GregInUtah is indeed Greg Miller, current owner of the Jazz, so this is coming straight from the top of the Jazz organization.

--EDIT--

Of course, there's a chance that this photo could--I repeat, could--be in black and white.

I'm thinking that's gotta be the case. I think the Jazz would be out of their mind if they went to a Navy/Silver or Black/Silver color combo.

I too have heard the colors would be Navy, Green, and Gold, sort of like Notre Dame (when they include green).

What I think the sneak peek is for, however, may be to show that the new uniform will be one that is ahead of it's time, in material and design. The mesh pattern is definetely something that, to my knowledge, no other team sports. Could we be seeing a new template? I personally would be thrilled if the Jazz were to be a team that introduced a brand new template.

EDIT: I came across another website, www.slcdunk.com, that shows the same picture but flipped vertically. So the mesh lines are facing upwards instead of horizontally. IF that is the case, then i'm definetely guessing new template. Why? Look at the unmeshed lines. Looks like something new and out of the box to me.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I wonder what those two dark areas are. Are they numbers or part of the wordmark/logo? I'm guessing numbers, and hoping the number is 22 (flat bottoms); I hope they aren't square, computerish fonts. Of course, this could be the side of a number.

--EDIT--

These could also be the serifs on very bottoms of block numbers (think of something like 17, 24, or with the block serifs on them, or just plain blocky bottoms), and a quick check in MS Paint (Photoshop is out of reach for me until next week) shows that there isn't any obvious coloration in the photo. Personally, I like the way Mr. Miller is going about this.

What I'm talking about with the serifs:

#4--Dantley

#7--Maravich

#12--Stockton

#24--Millsap

--EDIT--

Don't get too worried. That photo tells nothing about the look. It does however, show the new performance mesh material. The numerals and lettering are supposed to be 'non-abrasive' as well, whatever that means.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

--EDIT--

Don't get too worried. That photo tells nothing about the look. It does however, show the new performance mesh material. The numerals and lettering are supposed to be 'non-abrasive' as well, whatever that means.

Probably means glued instead of stitched, so there's no "ridges" or stitched-corners. Also probably means it's that "stretch twill" material.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 4 weeks later...

2010_POtix_onsale_TS2.jpg

I know you can't really see this, but the old Jazz logo is printed on the Playoff tickets in the what looks like light blue. From what I've heard we might get a sneak peek at the Finale tomorrow as part of the LHM Tribute.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived