MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

For the Royals outfits, I know that regular rotations have been thrown out for the playoffs, but don't the Royals usually only wear their alternates for day games, powder at home and royal on the road? Maybe that explains why they've been missing, and likely won't be there for this series?

Makes sense, but strange that you can buy both the royal and light blue royals jerseys with the WS patch on the mlb shop, if they don´t plan to wear them.

The more merchandise with WS patches on them, the more revenue.

For sure

, but that powder blue jersey with the WS patch is $300, doubt anyone will buy one unless they wear them atleast once.

There are tons of collectors out there. I collect caps, and many that I've bought I never intend to actually wear. I wouldn't doubt hardcore Royals fans out there would own an alt jersey with a WS patch on it just to have in their collection. I mean, it's not everyday your team goes to the WS.
The Yankees go almost every day

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Royals outfits, I know that regular rotations have been thrown out for the playoffs, but don't the Royals usually only wear their alternates for day games, powder at home and royal on the road? Maybe that explains why they've been missing, and likely won't be there for this series?

Makes sense, but strange that you can buy both the royal and light blue royals jerseys with the WS patch on the mlb shop, if they don´t plan to wear them.

The more merchandise with WS patches on them, the more revenue.

For sure

, but that powder blue jersey with the WS patch is $300, doubt anyone will buy one unless they wear them atleast once.

There are tons of collectors out there. I collect caps, and many that I've bought I never intend to actually wear. I wouldn't doubt hardcore Royals fans out there would own an alt jersey with a WS patch on it just to have in their collection. I mean, it's not everyday your team goes to the WS.

True, just very annoying, like for instance a stanley cup patch on a authentic CCM jersey when the team wore Pro Player jersey that year , and so on in that vein, it the little things that has to be right, and here it is not a person who makes the mistake but a company, just to make money.

But of course i could be dead wrong, Royals could rock the powder blues tomorrow and the royal blues the next night, and bring me to shame. B):lol:

it the little things that has to be right, and here it is not a person who makes the mistake but a company, just to make money.

To you, maybe. And to me and to some of the people here on these boards.

But not to the vast majority of the jersey-buying, money-spending, collectibles-keeping public. Frankly, most of them think "from the team" is as authentic as it needs to be. And many don't even care about that.

True, just very annoying, like for instance a stanley cup patch on a authentic CCM jersey when the team wore Pro Player jersey that year , and so on in that vein, it the little things that has to be right, and here it is not a person who makes the mistake but a company, just to make money.

I'm not that nit-picky about manufacturers when all else remains the same about the jerseys. If someone put a 2001 Soldier Field patch (Reebok's first year) on a Nike Urlacher jersey from the year before, I don't think it's a big deal. Same with the Packers' jerseys from Reebok to Nike this time around.

However, I would draw the line when there are significant changes to the templates of the jerseys. The Bears moving the numbers to the shoulders with Nike is a significant change. Also, I see people with old CCM jerseys they had customized for Kane and Toews, and that's wrong. And they've been wearing that crappy scooped hem for so long that I can't imagine anything else for the Hawks.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Looks like the Mets are going with the blue jerseys tonight.

alts should be banned in the postseason

i used to be willing to compromise, but nope. 100% ban

The Mets horrible away blue turn you?

Harvey did, as well as the mets using it for their media day. Not to mention the already strong convictions of the Pirates wearing nothing but alts in the postseason for the past three years, Blue Jays practically nothing but blue.

Ill admit that the Mets hole alt looks fantastic, but, the away alt is terrible. Id prefer they wear camo over those away blues.

The yankees do it right with no alts, they realy do(and the birdland inside me pecks me from inside and im slashed by the swords of pirates inside as well)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived