MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

mlbshop.com selling cream jerseys for every team

http://shop.mlb.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=75949556

Whoever designed these needs a lesson on color contrast (A's, Pirates especially). There were some interesting color choices, like the Phillies in maroon and powder, DBacks in purple, the Twins, Jays and Braves in light blue, Brewers throwback with light blue for whatever reason, and the Padres in brown. Not to mention they used the wrong Angels logo (gold halo).

Everything except the brown could be simple Photoshop errors - the MLB shop has been sloppy in the past.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ewww... no... please no... why is this happening???

Who would buy this?

The only teams that even look remotely good in cream (Giants, Twins, Braves/Cards/M's alternates) already have good cream colored jerseys so why would they go and buy this downgraded garbage? All the other teams don't look good in cream so they don't need a cream jersey.

And if, IF, we wanted a cream jersey of a team, I'd say do what most cream teams do and just take a regular home jersey and make it cream but not go and make a whole new design with a chest patch and headspoon piping for teams that have never had any of those design elements. Like I could see, say, a White Sox and Orioles home jersey but you'd only change the white off their home jersey, not whatever this is. And what's up with the wrong coloring on so many logos (Astros, Jays, Marlins, Angels, Indians, Red Sox)? This looks like a poor concept that never got past the first stage of development.

The only ones that are slightly passable are the ones that are truer to the team's white jerseys, Reds/Tigers/Nationals are decent examples of that. But still, no, just no.

I have a 1996 7 1/2 New Era Cubs cap that is well worn and used only for yard work or working out or the beach ... so, never. But it still fits!

Meanwhile, I have purchased a number of New Era 7 1/2 Cubs caps that shrunk quickly and no longer fit, starting in 2001. All bought in person.

When they went to polyester, I tried again, but I am now a 7 5/8 in modern New Era sizing, although I just checked and I have a few in my more recent MiLB collection that are still 7 1/2 and comfortable. I always have to try it on first.

Also, I have a couple of Zephyr caps that might be the most comfortable I own.

I was just looking at the division championship shirts for the teams and they all use the skyline of the city and I wonder what the Angels one looks like, as I can assume the design would be created this late in the season.

I'm assuming it will just use the same LA skyline from the Dodgers one.

IbjBaeE.png

Personally I love cream jerseys. They add character that a lot of plain white uniforms lack.

However, not all of these work. The powder blue piping for the Braves doesn't really fit Also,not sure what's up with the color choice for the White Sox--Why navy and red?

No pic, but Astros pitching coach Brent Strom appeared to be wearing a cap with the actual old "H-star" logo, instead of the current iteration. Something also looked funky and old-fashioned about the structure of the cap, too. Not sure if tonight was unique, or if it's recurring.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

CQMBlq4UYAEwVCS.jpg

:woot:

I would just like to point out now that every Blue Jays postseason appearance has featured either their original logo or the modernized one. I'm glad the Blue Jays are relevant again while looking the best they ever had.

An excellent point.

I have a terrible feeling that the Brewers will finally win the World Series wearing their current garbage, enshrining it forever.

Well, winning the pennant in 1984 didn't save the great Padres' uniforms of that season; and I doubt that anything would have been different if they had won the World Series. And the Rams' win in the Super Bowl after the 1999 season didn't save that team's beautiful uniform.

So, if, by some fortunate chance, the Brewers have a change of uniform in the planning stage, a pennant or World Championship probably wouldn't alter the plans.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Are the Blue Jays still selling the white-paneled caps they were wearing earlier this season, I think as a promo? I can't find it anywhere on their store. I have the white-paneled ASG 2014 variant, but it's not quite the same.

Are the Blue Jays still selling the white-paneled caps they were wearing earlier this season, I think as a promo? I can't find it anywhere on their store. I have the white-paneled ASG 2014 variant, but it's not quite the same.

The original and follow up shipments sold out in a few days, and I haven't heard anything about additional shipments. I had to check the Jays Shop every day one week to get my 7 1/4 before they sold out again.

And like the Post Season hat, it was made in the USA :flagusa:

The original and follow up shipments sold out in a few days, and I haven't heard anything about additional shipments. I had to check the Jays Shop every day one week to get my 7 1/4 before they sold out again.

And like the Post Season hat, it was made in the USA :flagusa:

Yeah, I figured they were going to sell out fast.

In a perfect world, that'd be a great sign telling the Jays that maybe they should have a white-paneled cap as a regular option, even if it's just an alternate. As I've stated before, that was the only miss of their otherwise perfect 2012 rebranding.

Archived