MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad the Royals have avoided the temptation to wear alts in the playoffs. As I stated before, I don't have an issue with alts in the playoffs as long as they are worn sparingly. I would have liked to see the Blue Jays standard home and roads, too bad they wore their blue almost the entire playoff run. Whereas the Royals haven't worn their alts at all yet, maybe they'll break them out once in the WS. As for the Mets, I've seen the blue jerseys enough. Stick to your standard home and roads.

I'm glad the Royals have avoided the temptation to wear alts in the playoffs. As I stated before, I don't have an issue with alts in the playoffs as long as they are worn sparingly. I would have liked to see the Blue Jays standard home and roads, too bad they wore their blue almost the entire playoff run. Whereas the Royals haven't worn their alts at all yet, maybe they'll break them out once in the WS. As for the Mets, I've seen the blue jerseys enough. Stick to your standard home and roads.

I dont think that the Royal wore them at all in 2014.

I think Mets might stick to the grey road and home blue, but home whites have a chance with harvey pitching on the road

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

BN-CX110_degrom_G_20140521224720.jpg

That looks like last year. The Mets don't wear cream any more, so it'd be more like this:

Jacob-DeGrom-Mets.jpg

Y'know, strangely...I usually love cream uniforms and personally prefer them over white, but this is a case where I think the white is better. That was a good move to drop the cream (Mark that in your journals, everyone; you may never hear me say that again :P).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I'm gonna assume that they're wearing blue and will be pleasantly surprised otherwise.

Even still, those aren't too bad.

Imagine how awful this World Series match-up could have looked 10 years ago....

2006-07-05-topper-mets.jpgROYALS_Zach_Greinke_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba448

Defenatly an unpopular opinion but i loved that road look for the Royals. What they have now is better. What they had in 85 was best but i still liked this look.

BN-CX110_degrom_G_20140521224720.jpg

That looks like last year. The Mets don't wear cream any more, so it'd be more like this:

Jacob-DeGrom-Mets.jpg

It's incredible how similar those two pictures are

Yeah man I sat there checking every wrinkle to see if it was some kind of photoshop. the left arm sleeves resemblance is uncanny.

I was pretty pleased when I found that pic from this year. His delivery is consistent, you have to give him that...

Even though that black phase the Royals had was awful, I actually think that if the Royals were a new franchise without the history of looking good before, I would have welcomed a black and blue look like that.

It could have been done a bit nicer, but otherwise, I agree. In a vacuum, so to speak, the black and blue wasn't a terrible combination, but it replaced a much superior look (and what the Royals later returned to). Pretty much the same story with the Blue Jays.

Royal blue is too dark to work with black. To use black, you need to brighter blue, as the Magic and Carolina Panthers use. As we saw with the Mets and Royals, royal blue is too dark to stand out from the black. The colors can only be distinguished from a distance when in large patches (such as the hat with the blue brim), and it makes it difficult to tell what color is being used. For example, I know that Kansas City text above it blue. But against the black hat, undershirt and shadow, it looks like it could be black. And we can't distinguish from that picture whether the shadows are black or blue. Likewise, the black outlines on the Lightning's jerseys look like they are blue from a distance.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived