infrared41's Best and Worst of the Week - NFL week 10

infrared41

Week ten was certainly better than week 9, but we still haven't had a truly great week of uniform match ups this season. But we still had some good match ups this week and a couple really bad match ups. Put 60 seconds on the clock and let's play our game.

Best:

1. Chiefs at Bills: Anyone that follows my little weekly thread knows that, as a rule, I'm not the biggest fan of dark pants. But the Chiefs are one of the exceptions to that rule. This game looked fantastic. Buffalo's home look is one of the best in the NFL. Kansas City's road look is one of the best in the NFL. Put them together and it's an easy choice for the top spot on the best list.

34c73737-fab0-4b9a-b49b-675bdcc9e281.jpg

2. Steelers at Jets: Another match up of top flight NFL looks. The Jets home look is one of my favorites. Thankfully, they didn't decide to go green monochrome and ruin this great match up. The Steelers are a better number font away from being a weekly contender for the top spot on the best list. Any other week this season, and this one might be battling for the top spot.

85e82f96-0e92-46ba-a016-cf4b1f0fe018.jpg

3. Bears at Packers: Put the Bears in all white and this one is the clear cut, no doubt about it, slam dunk winner of the top spot every single time. The blue pants are what keeps this one from the top spot. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Bears look good, but the blue pants just don't work well enough for me to move this game past the two in front of it. That said, even with the blue pants, this one still has more than enough to make the best list.

3a0ab6cd-2c59-48ca-ba08-71557bd014d5.jpg

4. Panthers at Eagles: Nike finally comes through and at long last we get to see the Eagles in green jerseys this season. I like them. Maybe it's just the pictures and the color settings on my TV, but this version of the green seems to be...richer...I guess? Or it could just be that I haven't seen these jerseys since last season. In any case, I thought the Eagles looked good. Add in the Panthers very solid road look and this game is good enough for the best list this week.

jordan-matthews-nfl-carolina-panthe.jpg

Worst:

1. Browns at Bengals: The Browns are one of a handful of teams that are capable of taking the top spot on the best list one week only to take the top spot on the worst list in another. Why Cleveland insists on ruining the precious few weeks we have left with their classic look with those awful brown pants is beyond me. Throw in the Bengals going with the worst of nothing but bad choices, and we have a winner for worst looking game of the week.

ClevelandBrownsvCincinnatiBengalsJp.jpg

2. Falcons at Buccaneers: Outdated and ugly meets modern and really ugly. Put the Falcons in their alts and the Bucs in their prior set and this game is competing for the top spot on the best list.

635511482100677992-USP-NFL-Atlanta-.jpg

That's it for this week. We'll do it all over again next week.

BB52Big.jpg

I like your Top picks, but in this order:

1. Bears vs Packers (I hate the Bears white pants and believe they look perfect in the navy pants)
  2. Steelers vs Jets
  3. Chiefs vs Bills
  4. Titans vs Ravens

Worst look not mentioned:

1. Cowboys vs Jaguars

spacer.png

I've never liked the Bears in all white. I think they got it right for what ended up being a game of historical significance for the series... even if not for a reason the Bears would like.

I've never understood some of the hate here for the Falcons uniforms. Particularly the road set.

Dated? They actually are pretty standard looking uniforms, without many bells and whistles. I guess some of you can't get over the little design on the sleeves, which is hardly a big deal.

Its actually a pretty tame and simple uniform design. Light years better then their mismatched and completely dated throwbacks, which thankfully we don't have to see again. What they actually need to do is bring back the black alternate jersey and introduce red pants to their road set (to be worn with the solid black socks). That would give them a upgrade (and give them something other then 1 home and 1 road set, which they have been stuck with for years now).

Why are you okay with the Chiefs wearing dark pants but not the Bears? Both teams have pants that are predominantly the same color as their helmets along with white socks with team colored stripes.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I've never understood some of the hate here for the Falcons uniforms. Particularly the road set.

Dated? They actually are pretty standard looking uniforms, without many bells and whistles. I guess some of you can't get over the little design on the sleeves, which is hardly a big deal.

Its actually a pretty tame and simple uniform design. Light years better then their mismatched and completely dated throwbacks, which thankfully we don't have to see again. What they actually need to do is bring back the black alternate jersey and introduce red pants to their road set (to be worn with the solid black socks). That would give them a upgrade (and give them something other then 1 home and 1 road set, which they have been stuck with for years now).

I think the Falcons screwed up by going away from this road set. The black pants looked 10x better than the white.

Michael_Vick,_November_2006_(1).jpg

spacer.png

I think the Falcons screwed up by going away from this road set. The black pants looked 10x better than the white.

Michael_Vick,_November_2006_(1).jpg

I miss that look.

I've never understood some of the hate here for the Falcons uniforms.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't like them because they're really ugly.

Why are you okay with the Chiefs wearing dark pants but not the Bears? Both teams have pants that are predominantly the same color as their helmets along with white socks with team colored stripes.

Because I like how the Chiefs look with the red pants more than I like how the Bears look with the blue pants? You seem to be looking for order where none exists. This list is nothing more than my personal opinion. I don't have any "rules" for what I like or don't like. Dark pants can work with one team and look terrible with another. Simple as that.

BB52Big.jpg

Because I like how the Chiefs look with the red pants more than I like how the Bears look with the blue pants? You seem to be looking for order where none exists. This list is nothing more than my personal opinion. I don't have any "rules" for what I like or don't like. Dark pants can work with one team and look terrible with another. Simple as that.

Okay.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

When I see those Falcons sleeves, all I can see is this:

SNOW-WHITE-snow-white-and-the-seven-dwar

:blink:

7045608d29431105610e18b0aa7c1e63d1a03fe5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived