• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Gen6 cars are the best cars Nascar has ever ran, they're safe and actual look like the model car. Anything to make the racing better is fantastic.

I'd argue 1992 was the best, they still used stock sheet metal and 6 drivers had a shot at the championship going into the final race, without a silly contrived playoff format.

iq5b7nF.png

Well, my tastes vary, I know one car I can't stand....

I absolute loathe Gen 5 (Car of Tomorrow), sure it was safer but it just lead to boring racing, you couldn't tell which manufacture was on the car, they all looked the same & it was SO over hyped. I loved what they did with Gen 6 to make it look more realistic & you can tell the difference on manufacturer, but I also was a fan of Gen 4 but in all honesty, Gen 3 was my utmost favorite (81-91). Although I'm curious to think what will happen when the day comes for Gen 7?

baltimoreravens.png

Results from Kansas:

1. Logano

2. Hamlin

3. Johnson

4. Kahne

5. Kyle Busch

6. Kurt Busch

7. Blaney

8. Edwards

9. Keselowski

10. Gordon

Logano with the bump to keep Kenseth from winning. Harvick & Truex Jr. having costly pit penalties. Looks like Newman, Earnhardt Jr., Kyle Busch & Kenseth can be eliminated. Although I have to admit, Kurt has been hiding in the shadows, I think he could be a potential dark horse.

Next up, Talladega where all bets are off!

baltimoreravens.png

Second straight week where a JGR driver is involved in a bump. Last week, Carl Edwards "stood his ground" at Charlotte and bumped Jr into the wall. That was acceptable. But this week, after Kenseth blocked Logano, even causing Joey into the wall, and is then bumped, it's not okay? And how many times can a driver block before he/she can acceptably be moved?

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Kahne's best run of the year and you spell his name wrong!

D'oh! My mistake!

I really hope Chase Elliott's paint scheme is different from his #9 & #25 rides

EDIT: It's different and way better

I agree, it looks good & its got an old school paint scheme feel to it

2kpy4k.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

D'oh! My mistake!

2kpy4k.jpg

Still think they should of kept him

In the #25 or change the font of the #24, so he can start his own chapter, that or buy #9 from rpm

D'oh! My mistake!

2kpy4k.jpg

Still think they should of kept him

In the #25 or change the font of the #24, so he can start his own chapter, that or buy #9 from rpm

Apparently Hendrick wanted to retire the #24 for at least a year, but Gordon insisted he keep it

Ouch.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2015/10/nascar-ratings-nbc-overnights-down-kansas-chase-cup/

"The 2.2 is the lowest ever for a Chase For the Cup race on broadcast television, and the lowest for any Sprint Cup race on broadcast since at least 2004. In both cases, the previous mark was a 2.5 for the 2009 New Hampshire race on ABC. Every other race on broadcast this season has earned at least a 2.6 overnight."

On a brighter note...

"Sundays race was the first since Darlington which also aired on broadcast to have a year-over-year increase."

I rarely speak out against drivers since I'm superstitious and I don't want anything to happen to my driver's chances, but now that Junior's out I can say that I freaking hate Logano. And NASCAR, I might add. Who the hell ends the race with 2 to go? One GWC attempt may have made things "trickier" (if they wouldn't have gone a combined 5% of a lap between the two starts) but what the hell was the benefit of one GWC? It's more exciting if there's three! Junior may not have led every lap, but that car was on a rail the entire race. I'm also glad for Gordon to finish up there. Bobby Labonte was my driver growing up, and I hate to see him involved in the second GWC caution. I'd like to see Junior, Harvick, and Gordon take home one more win this year. Gordon should do well at Martinsville and Harvick at Phoenix. Hopefully Junior can get his crap together for a mile-and-a-half track and take home a win at Texas.

Results from Talladega

1. Logano

2. Earnhardt Jr.

3. Keselowski

4. Gordon

5. Menard

6. Edwards

7. Bowyer

8. Truex Jr.

9. Stenhouse Jr.

10. Kurt Busch

Well, I would say that this was a very interesting/dramatic finish. Logano sweeps the whole 2nd round. Although, I'm sure he has the bullseye all over him now. Earnhardt Jr., Kenseth, Hamlin & Newman

Next up, Martinsville & the start of round 3 of the chase.

baltimoreravens.png

A couple thoughts:

Logano, you already won the first race of this round. Get the hell out of the way for the next two. No need for these two bull :censored: finishes involving you.

Harvick, get the hell out of the way. You knew your car was done for yet you continued to put yourself in the middle of things. You said you were going to move up out the way to avoid anything yet you never did. You single handly caused the big one and one of if not the worst finish ever in NASCAR.

NASCAR, you really messed up. Not only did you rewrite a rule just days before a race (number of GWC finishes), but the ending of this race. It should have went to Junior.

I can understand Logano wanting to win because a win's a win, but if the GWC would have went on, he could have gotten his car wrecked trying to win like he was. I know Junior was blocking as well, but he needed the win, and plus, I think people are less likely to turn Junior than Logano. But I'm not sure what Harvick was doing. I like him, but it was a bonehead move. What I think is that he figured he'd move to the top to get out of the way, and just thought people would go under him and didn't expect Bayne to drive around him. So it makes sense from that perspective, but he still should have gone to the top sooner or even pulled off.

Archived