3. Hamlin

4. Logano

5. Harvick

6. Kurt Busch

7. Kyle Busch

8. Earnhardt Jr.

9. Truex Jr.

10. Larson

Seriously, I love this package over the one from Indy & Michigan. This is the type of racing I hope to see next year, very close, any potential car can win. Not a lot of follow the leader. It's good to have Darlington back on Labor Day! 18 cautions proving that Darlington is still the track too tough to tame! Next up, my hometrack, Richmond for the final race to make the chase!

baltimoreravens.png

Results from Darlington:

1. Edwards

2. Keselowski

3. Hamlin

4. Logano

5. Harvick

6. Kurt Busch

7. Kyle Busch

8. Earnhardt Jr.

9. Truex Jr.

10. Larson

Seriously, I love this package over the one from Indy & Michigan. This is the type of racing I hope to see next year, very close, any potential car can win. Not a lot of follow the leader. It's good to have Darlington back on Labor Day! 18 cautions proving that Darlington is still the track too tough to tame! Next up, my hometrack, Richmond for the final race to make the chase!

NASCAR was a little premature with the last caution. They wanted a restart excitement finish, but had a MUCH BETTER one brewing with 4 cars ready to duke it out on Paul Simon tires (slip sliding away). For once, they should have just left well enough alone. New tires caused the conga line finish. Made the race finish anticlimactic.

Softer tires with low downforce was a much better package, and yes they should wait until 2016, not the Chase, to have this again.

I for one thought Ken Squire and Ned Jarrett still had some commentating left in them. I hope they do something like that again next year.

Had Benny Parsons still been alive, I think it'd have been Ken, Ned and Benny in the booth. (RIP Benny)

If Benny was alive, he would have been in the crowd, in the pits, in the tailgating, like he used to at ESPN.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

So Denny Hamlin has tore his ACL (again) while playing basketball (again) and will miss...

What's that?

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/denny-hamlin-knee-injury-joe-gibbs-racing-richmond-international-raceway-sprint-cup-series-090915

Oh, looks like he's going to finish out the season. I'm no physician, but it seems a little risky, no? However, with the Chase starting in over a week, I could see why he wouldn't want to miss any seat time.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

So Denny Hamlin has tore his ACL (again) while playing basketball (again) and will miss...

What's that?

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/denny-hamlin-knee-injury-joe-gibbs-racing-richmond-international-raceway-sprint-cup-series-090915

Oh, looks like he's going to finish out the season. I'm no physician, but it seems a little risky, no? However, with the Chase starting in over a week, I could see why he wouldn't want to miss any seat time.

You look at what happened to Dale Earnhardt in 1999, when he cracked his shoulder and ended up racing the rest of '99 with his right hand and arm going numb at random intervals. It's not the same I know, I'm just trying to make some sort of comparison.

It's probably because he has a win and is locked into the Chase. Had he not had a win, he'd have probably been shelved.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

A sign of the future....

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/shake-and-bake/brad-keselowski-nascar-aerodynamics-package-low-downforce-team-penske-091015

On Thursday, an aerodynamics/vehicle performance engineer at NASCAR posted this photo to Instagram, showing a car that could be "the least aero sensitive car of the modern era."

2u97nv6.jpg

Looks like a lot of the same type of stuff from Kentucky & Darlington. This gets my approval!

baltimoreravens.png

Just got back from RIR from a very interesting racer to say the least...

1. Kenseth

2. Kyle Busch

3. Logano

4. Almirola

5. Earnhardt Jr.

6. Hamlin

7. Gordon

8. Keselowski

9. Johnson

10. Bowyer

Yes, the last restart, even I was confused when all of this happen. Either way, Kenseth just had a dominant car the whole night. Good luck catching him. I really felt bad for Almirola, he drove that car till there was nothing left. Such a shame. Well, now the Chase begins in Chicagoland.

I also found this out this morning about a possibility of a change in the schedule next year, involving RIR... It looks like the Spring Race may be going back to Sunday Afternoon...

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-to-lose-at-least-one-night-race-in-2016/

The Sprint Cup Series will have at least one less night race in 2016, multiple sources have confirmed to Motorsport.com

Although NASCAR is still likely weeks away from announcing the entire 2016 Cup series schedule, sources familiar with the scheduling process said the spring race at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway will take place on a Sunday afternoon next season instead of Saturday night.

The change in date will also return the Richmond spring race weekend to a more traditional three-day event, which also opens up the possibility for more extensive off-track experiences for fans on property.

In addition, TV ratings are generally always higher for Sunday afternoon races than Saturday night events as Saturday nights typically have the smallest TV audience in general.

Shoot, maybe they can bring back the trucks while we're at it!

baltimoreravens.png

And NASCAR did no one favors with a bogus "Oh there's nothing wrong" call on the Kenseth restart jump.

I'd love for someone to Periscope the Chicago drivers meeting. A driver's going to bring up restarts, again, and another owner will ask, too, Penske perhaps.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Results from Chicago:

1. Hamlin

2. Edwards

3. Kurt Busch

4. Newman

5. Kenseth

6. Logano

7. Larson

8. Keselowski

9. Kyle Busch

10. Almirola

An amazing comeback for Denny, after spinning out on lap 2 & coming back to win the race. The Busch brothers, Truex Jr. & Jeff had good cars during the race as well. Harvick took a huge hit due to bumping with Jimmie. That was a good race.

Next up New Hampshire.

baltimoreravens.png

Results from New Hampshire:

1. Kenseth

2. Hamlin

3. Logano

4. Biffle

5. Edwards

6. Johnson

7. Gordon

8. Truex Jr.

9. Khane

10. Newman

Keselowski was busted for the restart & Harvick, Kurt Busch, Junior all ran out of gas. Bottom 4 include, Harvick, Bowyer, Menard, & Kyle Busch so this could get real ugly, real quick.

Next up, Dover where 4 drivers will be eliminated.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived