• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you aren't trying to win, then why are you racing? Logano is thinning the field. If he has a shot to get 2 of the best drivers left in the field(In this case Kenseth and Earnhardt) out of the Chase directly from his actions, then why wouldn't he? The kid is a racer, and he did nothing wrong at Dega. The 20 spin was something else, but it looked like more of a racing incident than anything. The drivers wanted one restart, NASCAR gave them TWO because the first attempt was a bad way to end it. They couldn't have predicted it happens again. Dale even said he's not too upset because he came in 2nd on rules that NASCAR promised to enforce.

Now, being a fan that drove 5 and a half hours to go to the race, the ending sucked. But it was the rule and I'm not too upset. It was just because last year we got to see it play out on a full 2 lap scale rather than a caution coming to the green. Junior fans were pissed and were mad at NASCAR, but what do you want them to do? Let your driver win? That isn't fair to the 42 other drivers. Still, I'm sure they WANTED Junior to win, but they couldn't reasonably say that he was ahead of the 22 when the yellow came out. Logano won.

70 laps to go I was SURE Junior was going to walk off. They came in for pitstops and Junior got in trouble. Then the timeliest of breaks gave him a shot and I was sure he was gonna steal it. I proposed the idea to my friend I was with and said someone is going to push the fuel and they called me crazy. Sure enough, Biffle was running 2nd to last in a chain 40 seconds ahead of the battle between the 22 and 88. I don't know how many people even saw him, but the laps kept clicking down and I was so sure Biffle was going to win in the most confusing finish ever. I think Biffle is washed up, but that win would've been something great to see.

NASCAR has a ton of explaining to do. Firstly, why did they really change the GWC rule mid-week? The "For driver safety" reason hasn't been accepted by many fans and more importantly by the drivers themselves.

Secondly, if you call off the first "attempt" why was the second allowed to continued? Joey and Junior hadn't reached the start-finish line then, either, while they were crashing.

Thirdly, if you were fine with the race, why did it take so long for you to post the Eight Drivers moving on to the next round, and why were so many officials brought in to make this decision?

Next, there's the reason as to why no red flag was thrown when Jamie Mac's engine expired? There were too few laps remaining and the cleanup was going to take too long.

They ripped off the fans who paid good money to see a race, not the circus it turned into.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Well, we got the 2016 Sprint Cup & Xfinity schedule's out....

Sprint Cup

2/13

Daytona International Speedway (Sprint Unlimited)

2/14

Daytona International Speedway (Daytona 500 Qualifying)

2/18

Daytona International Speedway (Duel)

2/21

Daytona 500

2/28

Atlanta Motor Speedway

3/6

Las Vegas Motor Speedway

3/13

Phoenix International Raceway

3/20

Auto Club Speedway

4/3

Martinsville Speedway

4/9

Texas Motor Speedway

4/17

Bristol Motor Speedway

4/24

Richmond International Raceway *Sunday*

5/1

Talladega Superspeedway

5/7

Kansas Speedway

5/15

Dover International Speedway *moved up*

5/21

Charlotte Motor Speedway (All-Star Race)

5/29

Charlotte Motor Speedway

6/5

Pocono Raceway

6/12

Michigan International Speedway

6/26

Sonoma Raceway

7/2

Daytona International Speedway

7/9

Kentucky Speedway

7/17

New Hampshire Motor Speedway

7/24

Indianapolis Motor Speedway

7/31

Pocono Raceway

8/7

Watkins Glen International

8/20

Bristol Motor Speedway

8/28

Michigan International Speedway *Moved later into the month*

9/4

Darlington Raceway

9/10

Richmond International Raceway

9/18

Chicagoland Speedway

9/25

10/2

Dover International Speedway

10/8

Charlotte Motor Speedway

10/16

Kansas Speedway

10/23

Talladega Superspeedway

10/30

Martinsville Speedway

11/6

Texas Motor Speedway

11/13

11/20

Homestead-Miami Speedway

Hmm, No new tracks, no road course in the chase.... Not really impressed....

Xfinity

2/20

2/27

Atlanta Motor Speedway

3/5

Las Vegas Motor Speedway

3/12

3/19

Auto Club Speedway

4/8

Texas Motor Speedway

4/16

Bristol Motor Speedway

4/23

4/30

Talladega Superspeedway

5/14

5/28

Charlotte Motor Speedway

6/4

Pocono Raceway

6/11

Michigan International Speedway

6/19

Iowa Speedway

7/1

7/8

Kentucky Speedway

7/16

7/23

Indianapolis Motor Speedway

7/30

Iowa Speedway

8/6

Watkins Glen International

8/13

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

8/19

Bristol Motor Speedway

8/27

Road America

9/3

Darlington Raceway

9/9

9/17

Chicagoland Speedway

9/24

Kentucky Speedway

10/1

10/7

Charlotte Motor Speedway

10/15

Kansas Speedway

11/5

Texas Motor Speedway

11/12

11/19

Homestead-Miami Speedway

Camping World Trucks will be released at a later date.

baltimoreravens.png

NASCAR is going to have trouble AGAIN next year. Why do they insist on having Talladega as a round ending race? It's nothing but a pain. Are they trying to manufacture problems? They're not the WWE, they're supposedly a real sport. Stop scripting drama.

Why is Talladega ending a round such a big deal? It'd be considered a wildcard if it was the first or second race. If you say it shouldn't be in the chase, then it would be like road courses not being in the chase.

Talladega is exciting. It gives more drivers a chance to win, than say, Kansas. It's fine where it is.

Why is Talladega ending a round such a big deal? It'd be considered a wildcard if it was the first or second race. If you say it shouldn't be in the chase, then it would be like road courses not being in the chase.

Talladega is exciting. It gives more drivers a chance to win, than say, Kansas. It's fine where it is.

ALL register plate races are nothing more than a lottery: anyone can win. NASCAR does need to cut down the 1.5'ers.

Met Glenn and Leonard Wood today, the owners of Wood Brothers Racing, and we even got their autographs. I'll be at the race tomorrow as well. This is awesome!

Has NASCAR instituted a "Single attempt at a hot dog" yet? *snicker snicker*

Sounds like we'll be racing to halfway today.

National Weather service says that there's a 43% chance of rain at 1, and a 53% chance of rain at 4 with Sunset being around 5:45 as the track does not have lights.

HOWEVER, if you look at Google/the Weather Channel, it says that it's only a 15% chance at 1 through the rest of the day until noght.

Finally, AccuWeather show's that there's a 40% chance @ 1, decreasing slightly by 3, and picking back up again by 5.

I hate forecasts.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Sounds like we'll be racing to halfway today.

National Weather service says that there's a 43% chance of rain at 1, and a 53% chance of rain at 4 with Sunset being around 5:45 as the track does not have lights.

HOWEVER, if you look at Google/the Weather Channel, it says that it's only a 15% chance at 1 through the rest of the day until noght.

Finally, AccuWeather show's that there's a 40% chance @ 1, decreasing slightly by 3, and picking back up again by 5.

I hate forecasts.

Me too.I hate races being washed out.Lets just hope that we finish.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Interesting wreck. Looked like it was just a racing incident. They got together because of close racing at the end of the corner, and coming off the corner Brad's car was getting a little tail-happy and it looked like it just snapped back the other way which led it to climb up the track into Matt. I'm not a fan of the 2 or the 20 really, but it sucks for those two. I especially feel sorry for Kurt who really had no where to go.

Archived