• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whelp, I figured he'd get suspended. The big thing that I disagree with is what was mentioned above that the penalties should stay consistent. Don't be more lenient to drivers not in the Chase. Is it okay for them to go and tear their crap up every race as long as the Chase cars are in pristine condition? It shouldn't be. Set the damn standards for every driver to follow. Do I think the suspension is fair? It's not horrible, but it would've been better at one race. I was kinda happy with what Kenseth did since I dislike Logano. But I will admit that it was a bit over the line. I will also admit that Logano succeeding like this has kinda made NASCAR better. Young talent is stepping up and Logano himself is causing a lot of heat/drama which can be entertaining. But, out of context/away from revenge storylines, what Kenseth did was over the line. Now, in context, revenge is a huge part of racing. Logano spun Kenseth since Kenseth was blocking. You know who else is known to start blocking? Almost every driver at almost every track. If you can't pass someone right, then don't pass them at all. Logano made an bonehead move by taking out Kenseth, didn't own up to it, and walked away with no discipline. Kenseth retaliates, gets a two race suspension. I don't care if Kenseth was a few laps down, I don't care if Kenseth was blocking. If you purposely take someone out and risk them, their car, and in this case their championship shot, then you should be penalized. So do I think Kenseth should have been penalized? Yeah, but Logano should have been as well. Penske still has a few targets on their back, so it'll be interesting to see the next races.

Results from Texas:

1. Johnson

2. Keselowski

3. Harvick

4. Kyle Busch

5. Edwards

6. Earnhardt Jr.

7. Kurt Busch

8. Truex Jr.

9. Gordon

10. McMurray

Well, looks like we had tiregate in Texas, causing problems for guys like Logano, Harvick (twice) & Earnhardt Jr. just to name a few. Some recovered but others, not so much. Kes had the dominant car but Jimmie came in at the last moment. It should be interesting come next week in Phoenix.

baltimoreravens.png

Hmm. Interesting. Could NASCAR be considering A possible 7-race Playoff/Chase format for the XFINITY side of things?

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/664194061767692288?s=09

Basically, it would be like rounds 2 through 4 of the Sprint Chase( meaning 12 guys with 3 eliminated after each round), with Miami being winner-take-all. The most interesting thing is no Cup guys in any XFINITY race as that would impact the XFINITY points. Why not allow Cup guys to race up until the XFINITY chase starts? Sure that would impact the XFINITY points, but once the XFINITY Chase starts, then take the cup guys out and let the young guns duke it out then.

Looks like this wasn't supposed to leak, as these things between the Official Fan Council and NASCAR are supposed to be km ept confidential. At least we know now that NASCAR does take fans into consideration at times.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Hmm. Interesting. Could NASCAR be considering A possible 7-race Playoff/Chase format for the XFINITY side of things?

Basically, it would be like rounds 2 through 4 of the Sprint Chase( meaning 12 guys with 3 eliminated after each round), with Miami being winner-take-all. The most interesting thing is no Cup guys in any XFINITY race as that would impact the XFINITY points. Why not allow Cup guys to race up until the XFINITY chase starts? Sure that would impact the XFINITY points, but once the XFINITY Chase starts, then take the cup guys out and let the young guns duke it out then.

Looks like this wasn't supposed to leak, as these things between the Official Fan Council and NASCAR are supposed to be km ept confidential. At least we know now that NASCAR does take fans into consideration at times.

If you let them race during the "regular season", that affects who gets locked in based off wins, because the majority of races are won by cup regulars.

Th

It could be pushed by XFinity.

Some of those in the know believe the best way for the series to go forward is to go back, meaning return to the V6, do more stand-alones.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Sam Hornish Jr will not return to RPM after this season

EDIT: Looks like Regan Smith and Dale Jr are lobbying for The King to give Smith a call

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReganSmith/status/665622448188948480

If Regan does go to RPM, that would mean BOTH of the KIng's drivers are former JR Motorsports employees.

JR Motorsports does have an eye for talent, does develop crew members, help with driver/media communications. NASCAR needs more XFinity and Truck teams like this.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Results from a rather soggy Phoenix...

1. Earnhardt Jr.

2. Harvick

3. Logano

4. Kyle Busch

5. Johnson

6. Gordon

7. Kurt Busch

8. Hamlin

9. Keselowski

10. Almirola

Harvick had the dominant car tonight & Kurt was catching up, Junior also had a really good car as well. We now have our Championship 4! Gordon, Harvick, Kyle Busch & Truex Jr.

Next up, the championship finale at Homestead!

So now the question, who do you think will win it all?

baltimoreravens.png

I think it's set in stone that Gordon will win. I think the stars have aligned. Harvick, Rowdy and Truex will give him their best shot, but I cannot shake the feeling that Gordon winning the Championship in his swan song season was meant to happen.

I couldn't shake that feeling ever since Martinsville when Gordon won to punch his ticket to Homestead.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

For the first time since... 2007? All four Hendrick cars will be sporting yellow numbers in honor of Gordon's retirement.

I used to like that all of the Hendrick cars used that same color for their numbers regardless of how the color fit into their scheme. Thinking about it now, though, I'm glad it eventually became something that was pretty unique to Gordon. I tend to hate the paint schemes he runs that have numbers that are in any other color (his Panasonic, A&M, or Penn State paint schemes, for example). For as small of a tribute as this is, I think it's a perfect one.

48C15_LOWES_Homestead_Tertiaryw.jpg

Oh, and my heart says Jeff Gordon, but my head says Kevin Harvick. I want Jeff Gordon since I'm a lifelong fan, but I could really live with any of the four winning.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think it's set in stone that Gordon will win. I think the stars have aligned. Harvick, Rowdy and Truex will give him their best shot, but I cannot shake the feeling that Gordon winning the Championship in his swan song season was meant to happen.

I couldn't shake that feeling ever since Martinsville when Gordon won to punch his ticket to Homestead.

Gordon is the longest shot... he hasn't had speed all year long and on a track like Homestead... you can forget the fantasy walk off for him. His win? At a track where you don't need speed and need to survive. If Harvick's team doesn't too many mistakes, it's two in a row. If Harv's team does what it does (screw it up) then it's open. I won't say Harv has a clear shot, but he's half a step in front of Truex and Busch and two ahead of Gordon. I have no problem with whoever wins, but I will say that this was Joey Logano's championship to loose and he figured out a way how to loose it. There was no one who could outrun Logano, and then Joey decided to piss of Kenseth.

Wood Brothers to return to full-time competition in 2016 with rookie Ryan Blaney at the wheel:

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/wood-brothers-returning-to-full-time-racing-in-2016-658696//

Great group of guys with Penske Power behind them. Ryan has ran pretty well in Cup but has been plagued with bad luck nearly every time (runs top 15 early on, has a mechanical issue, places 43rd).

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Results from Homestead

1. Kyle Busch

2. Harvick

3. Keselowski

4. Logano

5. Larson

6. Gordon

7. Kenseth

8. Kurt Busch

9. Johnson

10. Hamlin

I know I'm probably going to get some funny looks but in all honesty, after what Kyle went through this whole season & to come back like that, he truly earned the title, champion. He did what was required to make it & he did it. He's not my favorite driver but I got to give him credit. Congrats to Rowdy & Toyota. Truex Jr. went on to finish 12th.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived