ABA L.A. Stars logo

paynomind

stars.jpg

Strangely.. its an ABA logo... and I'm not experiencing nausea....

how.. odd.

I don't know what to say. I am so much at a loss of words that I am regressing to the most base form of communication-

I doesn't B, S, B, A, B, or S does it, JamesCraven?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

easy, now guys.. it aint great. Hell, its not even good.. but for an ABA logo.. it's half decent.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

(GRABBING THE LA STARS LOGO AND SHAKING IT VIOLENTLY)

Brian in Boston: Where is it?!?! What have you done with the truly hideous logo that LA's proposed ABA team should be using?!?!

(SLAPPING THE BASKETBALL PORTION OF THE LOGO REPEATEDLY)

Brian in Boston: What... you think I was born yesterday? If you were the real LA Stars logo, you'd feature a poorly-rendered version of the ABA's trademarked red-white-and-blue ball. Now answer me dammit... what have you done with that monstrosity? Tell me! TELL MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

(THE LA STARS LOGO REMAINS SILENT, PROJECTING AN IMAGE OF ALMOST PROFESSIONAL DESIGN QUALITY)

Brian in Boston: It's only a matter of time before we'll find the real LA Stars logo. One of our informants will spot a cartoonish animal or rough caricature of a human being drawn all disproportionate, like. They'll drop a dime and our people will move in. We'll find the poor, misbegotten mascot holed up in some two-bit flophouse with a generic font wordmark. Why don't you make it easy on yourself and just spill what you know? If you cooperate, with time off for good behavior, you could wind up landing a sweet minor-pro hoops logo gig with a National Basketball Development League club. So whaddya say?

(THE LOGO SITS THERE... LOOKING FAR BETTER THAN ANY ABA PRIMARY MARK HAS A RIGHT TO. A UNIFORMED OFFICER ENTERS. BiB TAKES HIM ASIDE.)

Officer (WHISPERING): It's no use, Detective. This thing ain't gonna crack. And if it don't say nothin', we're gonna have to cut it lose. Look at it... it's clean, crisp, well-rendered. It don't look like it's ever crossed paths with any of them other ABA logos, let alone knocked one off or pulled an identity heist.

Brian in Boston (WHISPERING): Yeah... I know what you mean. But that's just what I don't like. This thing's clean alright... too clean. Which is why it don't make no sense that it's supposed to be doin' business with an ABA operation. I think I'll just let "Mr. LA Stars" cool his five points and stylized lettering for awhile. As for me, I'm gonna pay a little call on Joe Newman.

(BRIAN IN BOSTON GRINS KNOWINGLY AT THE LOGO AND EXITS)

Is this another one of those theme ABA teams? With Hollywood celebrities? Is Frankie Muniz playing the point?

I dunno, it's not bad. It a mere notch below WNBA-quality (which coincidentally should match the level of play).

Sweet!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

(GRABBING THE LA STARS LOGO AND SHAKING IT VIOLENTLY)

Brian in Boston: Where is it?!?! What have you done with the truly hideous logo that LA's proposed ABA team should be using?!?!

(SLAPPING THE BASKETBALL PORTION OF THE LOGO REPEATEDLY)

Brian in Boston: What... you think I was born yesterday? If you were the real LA Stars logo, you'd feature a poorly-rendered version of the ABA's trademarked red-white-and-blue ball. Now answer me dammit... what have you done with that monstrosity? Tell me! TELL MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

(THE LA STARS LOGO REMAINS SILENT, PROJECTING AN IMAGE OF ALMOST PROFESSIONAL DESIGN QUALITY)

Brian in Boston: It's only a matter of time before we'll find the real LA Stars logo. One of our informants will spot a cartoonish animal or rough caricature of a human being drawn all disproportionate, like. They'll drop a dime and our people will move in. We'll find the poor, misbegotten mascot holed up in some two-bit flophouse with a generic font wordmark. Why don't you make it easy on yourself and just spill what you know? If you cooperate, with time off for good behavior, you could wind up landing a sweet minor-pro hoops logo gig with a National Basketball Development League club. So whaddya say?

(THE LOGO SITS THERE... LOOKING FAR BETTER THAN ANY ABA PRIMARY MARK HAS A RIGHT TO. A UNIFORMED OFFICER ENTERS. BiB TAKES HIM ASIDE.)

Officer (WHISPERING): It's no use, Detective. This thing ain't gonna crack. And if it don't say nothin', we're gonna have to cut it lose. Look at it... it's clean, crisp, well-rendered. It don't look like it's ever crossed paths with any of them other ABA logos, let alone knocked one off or pulled an identity heist.

Brian in Boston (WHISPERING): Yeah... I know what you mean. But that's just what I don't like. This thing's clean alright... too clean. Which is why it don't make no sense that it's supposed to be doin' business with an ABA operation. I think I'll just let "Mr. LA Stars" cool his five points and stylized lettering for awhile. As for me, I'm gonna pay a little call on Joe Newman.

(BRIAN IN BOSTON GRINS KNOWINGLY AT THE LOGO AND EXITS)

I found it! I found it!!!

stars.jpg

Archived