Pro teams in need of a rebrand

damnyoutuesday

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Bengals...

1. Remove side panels

2. Remove colored colar

3. Lose B logo. C with same concept could work?

cin-12-13-allblack-1-675x380.jpg

every team needs to ditch the toilet bowl collars. I agree with everything you said though.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Jets name is in reference to jet airplanes not fighter jets. The name comes from all the commercial planes that flew over Shea Stadium from near by LaGuardia airport. Why the logo looks like this and not like the one's above.y09c9rfac1n79trqqcefemcyo.gif

Commercial jets are large, slow, and not very maneuverable. A fighter jet is sleek, fast, versitile, and aggressive. If they must go with the image of a jet (which I don't think they need to do, the oval NY is perfect) then going with a fighter jet is the way to go.

MetLife is five miles from the USS Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum. It's docked on the Hudson between NY and NJ. It's certainly a better local connection than "our stadium is next to the airport".

intrepid_air_space_museum_v2_460x285.jpg

does it matter which one is better? or which one is actually correct?

Yes, because the point of contention is whether or not the Jets could/should use a fighter jet or a passenger jet in their logo.
all the logos of fighter jets concepts I've see over years have been too modern looking, so I personly don't think they should use a fighter jet in their logo.

Jets name is in reference to jet airplanes not fighter jets. The name comes from all the commercial planes that flew over Shea Stadium from near by LaGuardia airport. Why the logo looks like this and not like the one's above.y09c9rfac1n79trqqcefemcyo.gif

Commercial jets are large, slow, and not very maneuverable. A fighter jet is sleek, fast, versitile, and aggressive. If they must go with the image of a jet (which I don't think they need to do, the oval NY is perfect) then going with a fighter jet is the way to go.

MetLife is five miles from the USS Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum. It's docked on the Hudson between NY and NJ. It's certainly a better local connection than "our stadium is next to the airport".

intrepid_air_space_museum_v2_460x285.jpg

does it matter which one is better? or which one is actually correct?
Yes, because the point of contention is whether or not the Jets could/should use a fighter jet or a passenger jet in their logo.
all the logos of fighter jets concepts I've see over years have been too modern looking, so I personly don't think they should use a fighter jet in their logo.

That's fine, but you have to admit it's a little weird that an identity that was chosen because of the modern, exciting, new "jet age" should be stuck in retro mode.

But the beauty of their current logo (or at least their alternate) is that they allow everyone to bring their own connotation. Those who want to read into it a retro Mad Men Jet Set vibe can. Those who prefer Top Gun-eroticism get that as well. :P

I like the retro set (as long as there's only one green), but the fighter jet would make a good crazy Nike alt when they come down the line in a few years.

What is the burgundy/yellow/burgundy? I don't remember seeing that.

What they're wearing now, unless you're just being difficult because I said yellow instead of gold. I shouldn't have left off the helmet, I suppose that'd make it burgundy/burgundy/yellow/burgundy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, but the socks are subject to change between home and away while the helmet remains constant. Oh well, usually I write all four with football and hockey. I got lazy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived