Interesting tidbits about Hawks brand in ESPN article

Brave-Bird 08

I read this great piece featured on ESPN today and there's a couple of graphs that drew my interest and are relevant to this board:

"Over beer and homemade bagel bites, they weighed in on everything from potential smartphone Hawks apps to mockups of new team uniforms that look like a cross between something a Marvel superhero would wear and the Oregon football unis (which the research said millennials are nuts about, even if your dad thinks they're hideous)."

" The Hawks also hope to collaborate with the league on a dark charcoal court, not so much to enhance the live experience, but because they want a generation of gamers to choose Atlanta when they fire up NBA2K."

The ideas are in place by CEO Steve Koonin. He's going to remain the CEO and is actually in a joint-position with the mayor of Atlanta to oversee the sale of the team. So, there's a very strong chance that Koonin's ideas stay hot no matter who the owner is.

This is especially considering how popular the Hawks are becoming with millennials -- a lot of that has to do with their social media presence.

Koonin has connected with a new demographic and his influence with the organization right now is paramount. He's arguably become a favorite in this town over Arthur Blank, but I guess winning has a lot to do with that too. It helps that the Hawks are 27-8.

didn't someone claiming inside knowledge claim that the Hawks were incorporating volt and/or charcoal in to their uniforms next year?

EDIT: jesus christ I just typed "volt" without even thinking about it. Nike has won.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

didn't someone claiming inside knowledge claim that the Hawks were incorporating volt and/or charcoal in to their uniforms next year?

EDIT: jesus christ I just typed "volt" without even thinking about it. Nike has won.

That certainly would fall within the lines of Oregon like

Does anyone know where that OP was that said the Hawks were changing colors? I remember reading it, but can't for the life of me find it

RP: Does anyone know where that OP was that said the Hawks were changing colors? I remember reading it, but can't for the life of me find it

Milwaukee Bucks thread and Teal.

Interesting stuff. If any team can do "volt" or be Oregonesque maybe it's the Hawks. They don't really have a color scheme that's theirs. Just all over the place on that front.

And they've had some very over the top uniforms in the past, the lime green uni's for example.

A charcoal court doesn't sound too appealing to me though

90758391980.gif

Interesting stuff. If any team can do "volt" or be Oregonesque maybe it's the Hawks. They don't really have a color scheme that's theirs. Just all over the place on that front.

And they've had some very over the top uniforms in the past, the lime green uni's for example.

I'd say the Thunder would be a good candidate to usher in the charcoal and volt era.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What has really helped Oregon has been the strong teams they've fielded in recent years, and the Ducks might finally win their first NT this Monday. The Atlanta Hawks have been around since 1968, but are one of those teams without much of an identity, I'm struggling to recall a time they ever reached a conference final. If that organization could become a serious contender, that would be significant.

These have very little chance of being meh. They're either gonna be Oregon good or Tampa Bay Bucs bad, no in between.

I think the Hawks could make volt work since they've been both lime green and yellow in the past and that's basically a modern cross between the two. We know volt/black looks good together but I'm not sure how it it'll turn out when you add red to the mix. (Isn't that the rumored colors? Red/Black/Volt?)

Archived