California AHL teams (San Diego added)

McElroy19

Howdy Guys I'm working on a new Identity for the Bakersfield AHL team. I've got three main Ideas right now and Just wanted to get them up here to get some feedback and let you guys follow the process!

First --- THE BAKERSFIELD CONDORS

I feel like this is the fan favorite for the teams identity but not sure which direction to go.

j3n75yE.pngwvcqQnZ.png

Up First --- THE BAKERSFIELD OILERS

Bakersfield is known for it's oil so it seemed like a fitting title seeing as they're the oilers affiliate.

x2g5rzg.png

Let me know what you guys think!

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

Black, maroon and gold I don't feel are an "essential" part of the Condors' brand...remember, they started out wearing green and gold.

So, blue and orange with all-orange wings should work.

bYhYmxh.png

Black, maroon and gold I don't feel are an "essential" part of the Condors' brand...remember, they started out wearing green and gold.

So, blue and orange with all-orange wings should work.

Totally agree, the only reason I had it was because I felt it was more condor feeling then blue and orange

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms

I think the wingtips overlapping the words make it difficult to read. I read it as "Congors" first, and my brain keeps trying to read it as "Corndogs." The condor is very nicely rendered, though, and I love the oil drop incorporation.

I think the Maroon and gold look great but blue and gold work too. I think I prefer the darker shadows but they're both fine.

BTW, If you're planning to enter that contest, send in the one with the blue and orange wings, OK?

I am planning in sending a whole sort of presentation, including both versions of the logo and several jerseys, why limit myself?

Very nice. I like the Condors in the Oilers colors. It's a nice connection while allowing the minor league team to have somewhat of a unique identity. Can you do the Gulls for San Diego?

Hmmmm I could hive it a shot!

Very nice design for the Gulls.

In other news, I'm still scratching my head as to why the Sharks didn't move their AHL team to Fresno.

If I had to guess, Selland Arena. It's even older than the San Diego Sports Arena and doesn't have the virtue of holding many folks for hockey (7,600). That and in San Jose they won't piss off anyone when they move the team again in a few years to Oakland, Sac or San Francisco.

A suggestion for san jose. How about the bulls like their old ECHL team

Could go the Spiders route as well. But if they're going to go with an old name the California Golden Seals would seem to be the old name most in need of coming back.

It took me this long to clue in that the Condor's head is the oil drop, so I like it even more! And I thing the double orange wings work best but maybe the darker tone could be slightly darker? Maybe it's my phone...

The Gulls is a very surprising approach and l love it, not sure how San Diegans (is that the proper demonym?) would like it though.

Archived