Jaker52's Club Soccer Kit Project (LA Galaxy)

jaker52

With no school and the world down south being under 3 inches of ice, I got another team done! Expect more progress since tomorrow got cancelled too.

spurskits.jpg

Just a little presentation advice. Keep your elements in the same positions and same sizes across kits. It's particularly bad in this Spurs example, where the sponsor, numbers and badge all vary wildly in size and position. The Save As function is your friend here. Work from the same file and save as to ensure all elements remain in proportion across kits.

This jumped out at me big time on the kits for Spurs. The ideas are pretty good. I'm not too fond of the home shirt with the navy shoulders, but it's not bad. On the third kit, I think a white Spurs logo on the shirt and shorts would be better. And speaking of shorts, what's going on with the waistband on all of the kits? Why is it different from one side to the other?

Also I think more attention needs to be given to the small quirks of each league. For instance, the Premier League uses its crest on both sleeves, has a league-specific font with the league logo embedded in the numerals and allows use of only certain colors for the numbers (white, black, navy, gold and red...I think that's it).

Lastly, work on making some of the elements flow better with the pieces of clothing. Specifically, the crests and numerals on the shorts should be angled to run parallel with the edge of the shorts. If the legs of the shorts were illustrated straight up and down, then those elements would also appear to be vertical. However, with the legs flared out, the crests and numerals should be rotated to match. Small elements like this help improve your presentation. Also, I agree with several comments asking for the backs of the jerseys and socks.

Thanks to all of you for the help. As for the BPL crest, I knew they did it on both sides, but I always thought it was redundant to have it like that. The mls crest is the same way. I just don't like it so I do it my way on my concepts. Should I stick to the original on that? Also, thanks for the tip on the numbers I didn't know there was any requirements on the color of the number.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With no school and the world down south being under 3 inches of ice, I got another team done! Expect more progress since tomorrow got cancelled too.

spurskits.jpg

Just a little presentation advice. Keep your elements in the same positions and same sizes across kits. It's particularly bad in this Spurs example, where the sponsor, numbers and badge all vary wildly in size and position. The Save As function is your friend here. Work from the same file and save as to ensure all elements remain in proportion across kits.

This jumped out at me big time on the kits for Spurs. The ideas are pretty good. I'm not too fond of the home shirt with the navy shoulders, but it's not bad. On the third kit, I think a white Spurs logo on the shirt and shorts would be better. And speaking of shorts, what's going on with the waistband on all of the kits? Why is it different from one side to the other?

Also I think more attention needs to be given to the small quirks of each league. For instance, the Premier League uses its crest on both sleeves, has a league-specific font with the league logo embedded in the numerals and allows use of only certain colors for the numbers (white, black, navy, gold and red...I think that's it).

Lastly, work on making some of the elements flow better with the pieces of clothing. Specifically, the crests and numerals on the shorts should be angled to run parallel with the edge of the shorts. If the legs of the shorts were illustrated straight up and down, then those elements would also appear to be vertical. However, with the legs flared out, the crests and numerals should be rotated to match. Small elements like this help improve your presentation. Also, I agree with several comments asking for the backs of the jerseys and socks.

Thanks to all of you for the help. As for the BPL crest, I knew they did it on both sides, but I always thought it was redundant to have it like that. The mls crest is the same way. I just don't like it so I do it my way on my concepts. Should I stick to the original on that? Also, thanks for the tip on the numbers I didn't know there was any requirements on the color of the number.
This is YOUR thread.do whatever you see fit

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

I love how well you've improved on your designs since you joined. Man City is great except for the adidas stripes on the Clash kit, but I'm glad it's Red and Black. I'm not too excited about the Third Kit. I'd prefer to see either a Dark Blue with hints of Sky Blue or a full white kit with touches of sky blue and a dark blue etihad logo. Just some thoughts.

I love how well you've improved on your designs since you joined. Man City is great except for the adidas stripes on the Clash kit, but I'm glad it's Red and Black. I'm not too excited about the Third Kit. I'd prefer to see either a Dark Blue with hints of Sky Blue or a full white kit with touches of sky blue and a dark blue etihad logo. Just some thoughts.

They were not meant to be adidas stripes but I see what everyone is saying.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

spurskits.jpg

It's definitely your call on the dual crests. I was pointing it out just for the sake of mentioning it...not knowing that you left off 1 intentionally. It doesn't look bad by any means.

gYH2mW9.png

sorry for lack of progress, I was away from the laptop this weekend. We are out of school again tomorrow though so I may get something done then. Here is NYCFC.

Screen_Shot_2015_03_06_at_6_48_04_PM.png

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

San Jose looks great. Love the stripe motif from the logo. It really bothers me that they don't have a sponser, while everyone else does.

It does to me too, but that is how it is and it feels weird giving them one.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

San Jose looks great. Love the stripe motif from the logo. It really bothers me that they don't have a sponser, while everyone else does.

It does to me too, but that is how it is and it feels weird just giving them one.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

Archived