NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

Spanos does not like Kroenke, and this is personal. (Brief history: a few years back Spanos approached Kroenke, told him about some available real estate near Hollywood Park, and suggested that they explore the idea of going in together to develop a stadium there. Kroenke agreed. But instead of following up with Spanos, Kroenke bought the land for himself and Spanos felt betrayed.) Spanos still has an aversion to Kroenke. A while back, when Kroenke offered Spanos a chance to move in to Inglewood, Spanos put Kroenkes letter in the shredder. Spanos was said to be furious with Kroenke after reading Bornsteins relocation application which took shots at the Carson project and touted the attractiveness of the San Diego market.

:lol:

Dean Spanos is a GOOD GUY. Stan Kroenke, on the other hand, is a businessman.

Spansos is angry because he has made his money the hard way, through inheritance, while Stan did it the easy way...by marriage.

Too funny.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile, in LA:

CYQLq7SUsAAYSO3.jpg

Actually, this is the worst thing they could do, if for no other reason than it could really, really backfire. Not that I expect that, but imagine if this thing's attended by only 50-100 people.

I guess that's the risk, but they did well with the last one. And I'm in favor of fans making their voices known, exercising their power. Really didn't understand why nobody in St. Louis organized a rally like this at any point during the process (except for the reason you mention).

Yeah, but I don't understand why somebody didn't organize a big rally before one of the games. Possibly the home opener. People are going to be there anyway, so why not ask them to show up an hour earlier to make a statement?

Banners, maybe a parade, photo ops, one-on-one interview ops, local media feed picked up by the national, cutaways during the game broadcast, it all could have gone a long way towards showing that St. Louis really cared about keeping the team.

I don't think it's so much that as looking at Mark Davis and seeing him as the idiot son who inherited the team from Dad, and who'll eventually have to sell it because he's not capable of running it profitably.

Mark has been running it profitably, The numbers on Forbes attest to that. The real why he's going to have to sell is that none of the other owners want him there.

I don't think it's so much that as looking at Mark Davis and seeing him as the idiot son who inherited the team from Dad, and who'll eventually have to sell it because he's not capable of running it profitably.

Mark has been running it profitably, The numbers on Forbes attest to that. The real why he's going to have to sell is that none of the other owners want him there.

NFL teams are turning a profit before a ticket is sold for their games.....

Exactly!

When the TV money basically covers the busisness's largest expense, player payroll, everything else is just gravy, err profit (especially of there is no debt to retire from purchasing the team).

Well, kinda.

Yes, player salaries are the lion's share of the expenses. But there's a lot more to it than that - owners can't just pocket the rest. Especially not if they want to actually win.

The Packers said they received $187.7 million in national revenue in 2014 and national revenue is what always increases.

The 2014 salary cap was $133M.

The Packers financial report tells you all you need to know.

Let me rephrase... he's not capable of running it profitably comparative to what'd be expected from a Los Angeles-based franchise.

nav-logo.png

Archived