Which team needs a new logo/uniform?

Yankj1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That shade of green doesn't go well with that shade of yellow/gold--

You can however make a uni of green & yellow/gold that look good--ie Minnesota North Stars, California Seals.

As far as the logo I actually like the interlocking E's...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 3 weeks later...

Dear tpoh59:

"If it ain't broke (with 75% of the MLB teams), don't even think about fixing it."

I agree the Blue Jays need to be fixed, badly...in 2006.

The Phillies changed their look in 1992. Neo-classical, and I doubt they would add an alternate jersey of any type.

The Tigers, Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, Braves and Cubs have stood the test of time.

Everyone else is to be left alone...except for the road uniforms of the Twins and Rockies. Pinstripes on gray have run their course.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

NHL

Vancouver (logo, colors, pretty much everything needs to change. I say return to the black/red/gold scheme and introduce some form of Johnny Canuck as a logo)

Columbus (doomed from the start, not much you can do with a name like the Blue Jackets without looking minor-league)

Phoenix Coyotes (the new look sucks as much as the previous one, but manages to do so in entirely different ways. Try using a more interesting color scheme and design, after all, the team's in Arizona of all places and has been around for about a decade -- Not exactly screaming hockey tradition)

Nashville Predators (I like it all, except for the horrible third)

Ottawa Senators (three different looks doesn't work, they should make the black third the main dark jersey, ditch the stupid red one and base the white one on the black one)

Tampa Bay Lightning (looks amateurish, needs a better logo and maybe some yellow in the color scheme. Also, try making blue more prominent than black)

Atlanta Thrashers (the entire package makes me laugh)

NFL

Cleveland Browns (I know it will never happen, but they've always looked so awful. Terrible color scheme and boring design, but then again, there's not much that can be done with that moniker)

Arizona Cardinals (Give me a fiercer logo and bring some gold or copper or something into the scheme rather than the blue)

Detroit Lions (This is my team, but they blue it with the redesign. The Lions needed a new logo and the black was poorly applied -- especially on the blue shirts. I wanted a metallic gold to replace the silver too)

KC Chiefs (Outdated, make it more modern but based on the same concept)

Washington (Bring back those "throwbacks" from a couple years back)

Buffalo Bills (Horrible, I'm not sure what should be done, but they couldn't get much worse)

MLB

I don't really watch baseball, but I noticed the Toronto change and think it sucks. Bring back the red, bring back the leaf, and bring back the BLUE!

THE END

We all know that the Jays suck and are easily the most hated design out there. Other than that in the MLB.

Cards-my team but i wish they would put St. Louis on the roads, keep the birds on a bat and add piping down the front in navy-red-navy. think that would look pretty sweet.

Stros-i don't see why so many dont like, i really think their look goes good together and is very nicely donw, and to whoever thought they should go back to the navy/gold should take a look at the pics from pantpone's friend, those just dont hold up well

Brewers-put milwaukee on the roads

rockies-i hate the road pinstripes

Mets-go to the no-black set, i can't belive more people havn't said that.

NFL

Bills- wow those are worst ever

Broncos-i also wish they would make the orange ones the home uni

Bengals-do something different with those white side panel stripes, those look dumb

Vikes and chiefs could use a dolphins/9ers update, but i have no clue what it should look like

NHL-

yes, hate the 3rds for minnesota and anaheim, also the thrashers one as well. Other than not much bothers me.

NBA-hm, jazz need purple, the grizz need some gold added to keep them from being the mavs. i liked the sonics late 90's unis better and the bucks should go to green, but since they have had them for ten years now, they have grwon on me

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

First off, the Jays made a huge mistake changing the colour scheme of their unis (the logo's great, IMO). I know their goal was to lose the "Blue" from their identity, but there is more than one type of jay in the animal kingdom. Plus, now that the Expos are moving next year (or the year after that, or after that, or after that...), the Jays will be the only representative of Canada in MLB. The leaf was the heart of the logo in the past and that is desperately needed back, along with the red, which added some colour to the team. These current ones just look too lazy (if that makes sense) and they need to crisp them up some. Throw it back to the World Series era when this team actually was good, and some good might follow. For now, the baseball gods have hexed the Jays, SkyDome, and all who dwell within the SkyDome when the Jays get whooped every other night.

NOW....if you're still with me....

MLB -- Mets (less orange), D'backs (less purple)

NFL -- Cardinals (like everyone else said...)

NHL -- Mighty Ducks, Mighty Ducks, MIGHTY DUCKS!!! What more can I say about that embarassment of a name, logo, and colour scheme?!? What the fluff is "eggplant" anyway?!?!?

NBA -- Jazz (change the name; nothing too "jazzy" about Utah is there?), Bobcats (orange and that blue DON'T mix), Clippers (get your own identity)

CFL -- Renegades (logo looks too amateur)

Otherwise, most logos/unis are better than I could ever design, so I won't get too critical here.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

"And the Yankees need to wear pink and purple" :)

Of course, in those cotton uniforms suggested by Constanza!!! :lol:

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone keeps track of the ECHL but the two that I would like changed are the Toledo Storm ( I think it was stolen from some poor little kid's refrigerator) and ,my team, the Greenville Grrrowl ( I almost cried when I saw it unveiled).

As a lonely thrasher fan in the wilderness, I can safely say that the Thrashers thirds need to be redone if not out right thrown out. The Stars Mooterus jerseys are only worse. People actually like the jersey which is shocking in it self. The home and away are fine, i own replicas of both the home and away. Baby blue just doesn't work for Atlanta.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

I also like the Thrashers and wish they were still affiliated with the Grrrowl but I think the 3rd would have looked better either with "Atlanta" down both sleeves or neither sleeve. The Thrashers have real nice colors in their jerseys and the blue on the 3rd is not to bad.

in terms of the illini pcqd, i remembered this was at the helmet project.

f_Illinois.gif

But i think it needs a blue facemask, and removal of the centre stripe. your thoughts?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I also like the Thrashers and wish they were still affiliated with the Grrrowl but I think the 3rd would have looked better either with "Atlanta" down both sleeves or neither sleeve. The Thrashers have real nice colors in their jerseys and the blue on the 3rd is not to bad.

My favourite feature of the Treshers is that Home & Away use different logos.

Home is much nicer then the Away 'though. Not enough Yellow on the away.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

im gonna stick to football

certain teams should never be messed with very much due to tradition.

CLEVELAND BROWNS - if you dont like it, go away, but take orange alt with you.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS - good number change. mostly unchanged since NFL era.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - i admit they were smart to darken the blue to original

OAKLAND RAIDERS - nothing could possibly work better for them. 'nuff said.

DALLAS COWBOYS - i do like how the blue on the jersey matches the helmet now.

NEW YORK GIANTS - they should never have changed in the first place.

CHICAGO BEARS - This would be like Michigan changing the winged helmet.

GREEN BAY PACKERS - This would be Notre Dame changing the patented old gold.

now for some changes

BUFFALO BILLS - too much striping and/or contrasting shoulders. just slap down a one friggin solid color jersey please, and then put it on. maybe a logo update.

MIAMI DOLPHINS - very good look. burn the orange alt.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - good look. maybe a red alt, or at least darken the dingy gray one.

NEW YORK JETS - they dont have enough tradition to permanently wear throwbacks. id like an update to the old all-green getup.

BALTIMORE RAVENS - i dont like purple and black, and i despise the ravens, but it fits well, and they look good, except it looks like the raven has cat whiskers?

CINCINNATI BENGALS - they have such a great helmet that the uniform would complement them so much more if there were no stripes, just numbers on color.

HOUSTON TEXANS - i still think they should have bought the oilers name, cus those were great unis. but the texans are kinda hard to read if i have a gripe.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - one of the best dressed teams. they look good in all black and have a great logo.

TENNESSEE TITANS - great logo. cut it down to one color on the jerseys.

DENVER BRONCOS - first, bring back the old blue color. second, ge rid of the stupid number font. third, wear orange at home.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - needs a good logo/uniform update. (a good job for me.)

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - return of powder blue. nix the bolt stripes on the pants.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - i have no complaint. not really a fan of black alt though.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS - hahaha i can steal your logo all i want becasue native americans are offended and the courts said i can! so take it off and wear the handsome semi-throwback you wore a year ago. if you still cant get your copyright back, change your name to the warriors or something.

DETROIT LIONS - i dont know if the change was necessary, but i like it. deep in my heart i still think the only silver helmets should belong to the cowboys and raiders though.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS - give me a good, classy update on your current duds.

ATLANTA FALCONS - the new and old falcon logo are a tossup in my book. i like them both, but the new jerseys are too busy. go back to a solid color. i like wearing red at home though.

CAROLINA PANTHERS - get rid of the wierd helmet stripe. something unknown bothers me about the logo. update it or chnge it. get a more modern number font, the team is only 10 years old and it would fit the image better. (think jaguars)

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - throw away the gold alts. other than that, i dunno. maybe some new numbers. awesome, simple logo.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - i miss the old uniforms a lot. but if it must be, i think they too need some non-traditional numbers, becasue there are not that many teams that can pull them off.

ARIZONA CARDINALS - ive never seen a cardinal in arizona, but hey, maybe a white or red facemask. nothing other than that. great simple look. wait, do they still have the arizona flag on the sleeve? dont know if thats necessary.

ST. LOUIS RAMS - great look. great job modernizing the number font after the first year. i always think though, they might look better with the old yellow-gold, or at least really cool by any standard.

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS - bring back the montana-era uniforms. they looked great on throwback day.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - good change away from silver healmet. good color scheme/logo. leave the home uni all dark blue and the away uniform all-white. no baseball vest-style contrast sleeves. sorry, not football. you too, jets.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Phoenix Coyotes (the new look sucks as much as the previous one, but manages to do so in entirely different ways. Try using a more interesting color scheme and design, after all, the team's in Arizona of all places and has been around for about a decade -- Not exactly screaming hockey tradition)

why would you say that the new Yote's logo sucks...In my opinion they have made it look simple yet classic in their own way. I agree that the old logo was way too cartoonish and it needed a change, but the new Coyote logo, uniforms, and jerseys are one of the best of the NHL, and the color is plain simple and it looks good, and yes there are Cardinals in Arizona they are in Flagstaff, and I like the Cardinals look just the way it is, it is traditional

NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE:

Anaheim: Replace the black alternates with teal alternates. That's the best I can say about a uniform designed around a former Italian restaurant chain (Ciatti's, for you Midwesterners).

Atlanta: A red alternate would look better than powder blue.

Buffalo: Uniforms look fine, colors are not. Silly to change from blue and gold to red and black. So change back.

Dallas: Seems illogical to do an alternate with red when red isn't an official color.

Detroit: Home uniform should match road uniform striping (i.e. numbers inside the bicep panel). Also, an alternate using striping similar to the '28-29 Detroit Cougars uniforms (perhaps all over instead of just on the sleeves) might be appropriate.

Los Angeles: Gold and purple unis of '70s + silver and black of Gretzky era = purple and black. Yecch. Go back to the Marcel Dionne era.

Philadelphia: The black sweaters should be alternates, not the main color.

Phoenix: Call me strange, but I actually liked the previous uniforms, busy though they were.

St. Louis: And I liked the uniforms with the red trim. Royal blue and navy blue do not agree.

Vancouver: Scheme doesn't work. Uniforms from early '90s looked better.

Washington: Wrong. Go back to red, white and blue.

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL:

Arizona: They manage the unusual trick of being generic with ugly colors. Dump the pinstripes, dump the vests (think wife-beater shirts). Desert colors are turquoise, sand and brick red.

Atlanta: Just add a navy alternate. Those may be the coolest uniforms in the Nationa League, particularly with the tomahawk and the Laughing-Because-We're-Going-to-Kick-Your-A$$ Indian logo.

Baltimore: Add an orange alternate, and perhaps change the script to black with orange numbers, front and back, for the main home and road unis.

Chicago White Sox: No pinstripes.

Cincinnati: They're the Reds, not the Blacks. Dump the red. Go with uniforms from late '60s (pre-doubleknits), with a red alternate.

Cleveland: First Jacobs Field-era uniforms looked better.

Colorado: No road pinstripes. No sleeveless.

Detroit: BOOOORRRRING. Add some tastefully-placed orange trim to the home unis. And add a navy blue alternate.

Florida: The best Florida colors are the Dolphins' -- teal and orange. Dump the black.

Houston: The closest the Astros got to the World Series were when they wore the rainbow unis. So ...

Kansas City: Black screwed up a perfectly good look.

Milwaukee: I don't like them, but then again I've never liked any Brewers uniform design, so I can't suggest much improvement, other than to go back to the royal blue.

Minnesota: No road pinstripes.

Montreal: Their late '70s uniforms are classic, yet unique (with the font).

New York Mets: Dump the black, and dump the non-pinstripe home uniforms. Go with a blue alternate.

New York Yankees: At least put the names on the road unis.

San Diego: They could have altered their brown, orange and gold uniforms into black, red and gold and would have looked good and unique.

San Francisco: I preferred the mid-'80s style home unis. Add a black and an orange alternate. And PUT THE NAMES ON THE HOME UNIFORMS.

St. Louis: Add "St. Louis" on the road unis and a red alternate. Then they'd be perfect.

Seattle: I liked the teal alternate; I don't care if Junior didn't.

Toronto: The Gray Jays need much more blue.

More later.

Packers-2.png

NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE:

Arizona: Is it too much to ask that the home uniforms look like the road uniforms?

Atlanta: What a mess. If you must use the current uniforms, ditch the white pants.

Baltimore: First uniform looked better.

Buffalo: Early '70s (O.J. era) uniform looked best.

Carolina: Blue should be main home jersey. And for the road, blue or black pants.

Cincinnati: I reserve judgment until I see their new uniforms in a game.

Cleveland: Dump the white pants, at least on the road.

Dallas: Why would you use alternates that recall the horrid early '60s teams?

Denver: Home looks good (though I prefer orange). Road looks very plain.

Detroit: Current look fixed that which was not broken. Dump the black.

Green Bay: I don't like yellow gold. I'd like to see green helmets, but since that won't happen, at least green road pants. Also, move the stripes to the cuff, because stripes usually look bad thanks to the sleeveless linemen.

Indianapolis: Gray facemasks are not an improvement.

Jacksonville: I would like to see gold pants tried with the teal jerseys.

Miami: Shadowed numbers are so late '90s. Go back to the pre-Jimmy Johnson design (but keep the aqua pants).

Minnesota: Purple road pants.

New England: No silver jerseys.

Philadelphia (and everyone else this applies to too): No all-white.

San Diego: Team was actually most successful in early '80s Fouts-era look (white at home with gold pants).

Seattle: See Detroit. Previous color scheme was better.

Packers-2.png

I think the Esks look better than most of the teams in the CFL. The shade of green goes fine with the gold, especially with the black trim. The North Stars and Golden Seals, on the other hand, looked like crap.

thank you

Well it's a matter of taste---and I have owned a North Stars jersey...

BTW the Eskimos should wear their gold pants with their road whites--way better than the white pants as those make the helmets not match...

(and I am glad to see the Stamps in red & white this season--the black pants were horrid...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived