NCAA Basketball Court Concepts (All Teams and Conferences DONE)

mgdmhl

Loyola Chicago- I'd like to see a mix between #1 and #3. I like the skyline going across the whole court, but I like the yellow lanes the best.

Missouri State- I really like the wood design and the wordmark. No flaws with this court!

UNI- I like the subtle logo in the lane. I think it adds some charm to the court.

SIU- Nothing too fancy. My favorite part is the wood design you went with. I think everything about the court is nice and sharp though.

Wichita State- I knew this would be the team you created something out-of-the-box for :) I really like the logo you used at midcourt. I think it looks cleaner than if you used the mascot logo at midcourt. I agree with sleuthpanther that #2 is the best of the bunch.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about skyline on Loyola University Chicago's court as they play on the Lakeshore Campus in Rogers Park, Chicago, not their downtown campus.

Rogers Park is Chicago. The school is call Loyola University CHICAGO. The "Lakeshore Campus" is less than 10 miles from downtown. Stop coming to this thread to nit-pick all the time.

JeKhnr9.png

Wood patterns aside, the courts for Missouri State and Southern Illinois look a little too similar, and I'm not digging the black keys on either court. I guess it would make more sense for Southern Illinois, with black being a big part of the logo and all, but I would look at doing something different for Missouri State.

QPR%20Sig.png

Wood patterns aside, the courts for Missouri State and Southern Illinois look a little too similar, and I'm not digging the black keys on either court. I guess it would make more sense for Southern Illinois, with black being a big part of the logo and all, but I would look at doing something different for Missouri State.

Well, the wood pattern is what makes them so much more different that each other. Saying to ignore the biggest difference between the courts is like saying a men and women look completely the same if you ignore the longer hair (generally speaking) and private areas. Plus, black is part of Missouri State's color scheme.

This thread is one of my favorites. Great concepts, great quality. The overwhelming majority of these floors could certainly be used in real life.

Thanks, that means a lot. And that's definitely the main goal of these concepts.

JeKhnr9.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know, I have up to the Ohio Valley Conference done. I haven't had as much time to work on the courts lately as I did when I started. I'm trying to post a conference every 3-4 weeks, maybe sooner. I just don't want to post everything I have done, then have you wait months for the next conference. I'll post the next conference (Mt West) by Thanksgiving.

JeKhnr9.png

Mt West (1st half)

Air Force Falcons

3 options for AF: They all have the US flag and AF flag on the baselines. I wanted to include the lightning bolt that is used on their football helmets, not sure which way looks best. The 3rd court has sayings/phrases in the paint that I've seen college teams wear on their nameplates.

bXJY3z1.png

4HNJezR.png

HBsyQQ1.png

Boise State Broncos

4 options for Boise St: I really liked their previous court so I tried to give it the same feel as that one. They are all pretty much the same design but the 1st one is blue stain, 2nd orange, 3rd normal stain, and 4th logo (no stain).

hgYAhHe.png

R9qKQLM.png

VIKDQ19.png

HkNNx67.png

Colorado State Rams

r1BXV3e.png

Fresno State Bulldogs

si4cpuD.png

Nevada Wolf Pack

mxINVg4.png

JeKhnr9.png

Boise State Broncos

4 options for Boise St: I really liked their previous court so I tried to give it the same feel as that one. They are all pretty much the same design but the 1st one is blue stain, 2nd orange, 3rd normal stain, and 4th logo (no stain).

HkNNx67.png

I liked the previous design with the horse head inside the arc as well. Kind of funny they used that logo as an alternate, then decided to switch to it as the main Athletics logo. I really don't like the B in the center, or the B in general, would almost rather have just "Boise State" like the previous design.. Maybe I'm just saying bring back the older design, but get rid of the basketballs in the corners. I liked the blue stain too.

Mt West (2nd half)

New Mexico Lobos

Subtle state flag in paint.

odSt1JN.png

San Diego State Aztecs

1st court was my original design. 2nd court was a re-do after their football team came out with the Aztec calendar on their helmets.

QI3ALOF.png

4QG0UmQ.png

San Jose State Spartans

Subtle spears and "shield" across court.

loKkg7a.png

UNLV Rebels

agSQL6F.png

Utah State Aggies

1st court is meant to have a chrome logo. I don't know if chrome paint would work on a wood basketball court so I included a 2nd court with a normal logo.

XGxMQsb.png

7KQ8SQk.png

Wyoming Cowboys

StgWDSe.png

JeKhnr9.png

I think the Boise State court #3 is the best. I really like the shield around the San Jose St center court, but the spears feel like too much. I would switch the cowboy back to center court for Wyo, the W feels really boring.

Air Force- I like the lane on #3, but I like that #2 doesn't have the lightning bolt behind the text

Boise State- I like #2 and #3. They aren't too bright but the head is still there. I like that idea a lot, by the way.

Colorado State- I like it a lot. My only nit-pick is that it looks a little odd with the horns not really connected to anything/just free-floating. But it looks good!

Fresno State- No complaints, everything looks nice and I like that you included the V

Nevada- Nothing too showy but I'm glad that you darkened the wood inside the arc to add a different element to the court.

New Mexico- I like the court design and everything looks clean. I'm glad you went with a red base-color and used black text trimmed in silver/gray.

San Diego State- Really big fan of the second design. I like the calendar and I like the sideline design that also spells out SDSU.

San Jose State- Really big fan of this one. I like the sideline design and I really like the shield and spears. I really like the yellow text on the blue base, too.

UNLV- Really like this one; the midcourt logo stands out well and it looks clean overall. I also like the Vegas sign.

Utah State- I like having the bull in the middle and I like the idea for a chrome (or at least gray) logo.

Wyoming- Really like that you used the yellow/gold since it brightens it up. I like the 'W' in the middle for something different, but I'm not sure if it's better than using the primary logo.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived