Red Sox unis

vicfurth

They wore the Camos once in 1999. I was at the game. They do wear the Red ones a lot. Mostly on Sunday game days. I love them and think they should use them more. I own on of them too. There very nice.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The red alts depend on which ones you're looking at. The Sox have red batting jerseys, where all the lettering & numbering is white with blue outlines (name on back). The red alts have blue lettering/numbers with white outlines (no name on back).

They have not worn the red alt for a while now, I think it was for the second game of a double header and Derek Lowe was the pitcher.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I remember recently reading an article on the Red alts... apparently, a lot of fans hate them and the red onfield jackets... Team management was like, "Our bad. We assumed that you guys would want the Redsocks wearing red. We'll stop using them if you feel that strongly about them."

I heard that they tested well, but in reality, I guess it didn't really work for them... too bad, too, 'cause I kinda like them, though not as much as the home and away jerseys.

i was never a fan of the red redsox jerseys... looked like a high school team, to me... however, i'd love to see them wear some kind of navy blue jersey, with red sox written in red... i'm usually a huge proponent of wearing the color of your name, but as long as the red sox wear red SOCKS, i'm fine :)

The Red Sox used to have blue batting jerseys with Red Sox in red with white outlines. They also have blue jackets, which I think they wear on the road, while the red jackets are worn at home. I think the red jerseys are overkill...brought in with the red undershirts, it's a very striking image.

I think a great look that's not too saturdated would be a blue hat with a red bill, blue alt, and solid red socks. I suppose they went with a red alt because there were already enough blue alts in the league (Twins especially...in spring training it looked like an intra-squad game when they played each other). The old batting jerseys looked nice, they weren't too flashy or anything.

The Pawtucket Red Sox have a blue alternate, but they have red piping with "PawSox" and a number on the front which looks very busy.

I agree with you to a point. But I like the old school guys that wear them up, and then the guys like barry that wear them around the ankles. Its gives more personality to the guys we see the most "face" time of any team sport.

Mainly the reason I don't want to see it is they'd probably pull the Greg Maddux length, halfway down the calf with stirups and white socks. Can you see barry like this? Me either.

Wouldn't bother me. Be better than the floor-draggers.

Back to the Red Sox, I find the whole red thing really funny. The team essentially said "We presumed you'd want to see the Red Sox wearing red." To which the fans replied "No, we want to see them wear red socks."

The people behind this thing, both ownership and fans alike, seemed to focus too much on the first word.

I'm not wacky about the red jackets, but I do like the red undershirts. Is this a change they will make for next season. I haven't been to a game this season, but do any of them wear the red BP jerseys before games? Last I knew, they were wearing the short sleeve navy blue jackets in BP.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

The Sox dropped the blue undershirts and batting jerseys in favor of red at the beginning of last season. They wear red batting jerseys and red-billed caps during batting practice only. These batting jerseys have the names on the back, but the red alts do not.

red alt:

3player3.gif

batting front & back with cap detail

4player1.gif4player3.gif

03_h_4.gif

A few years ago the Red Sox experimented with a red cap. It was a Sunday cap, and was almost identical to the caps worn in the 70s: red cap, blue bill, blue button. The only difference was that the 70s hat had a blue B with white outline, and the later version was a white b with a blue outline.

That same season they also tried out a white hat, but no one liked it. Since then, only Kansas City has worn a light colored hat consistently.

Archived