fouhy12's 2015 NFL Re-Design (32/32 - 49ers and Titans)

fouhy12

Just had a thought.. For sleeve striping on the dolphins, what if you used something very similar to the wavy water lines at the bottom of the Padres logo?

That might work, the only issue would be that it wouldn't match the helmet, pants, or socks striping.

I've been following this thread for at least a month and I like many of your ideas. I'm finally catching up after a vacation trip.

Being a lifelong Philadelphia Eagles fan -- and one who never really liked the old kelly green era (which is why I never bought any Eagles merchandise in the '80s) -- I was concerned about how you would render the Eagles.

I loved it -- the "greener" midnight green is excellent, the idea of emphasizing the silver/gray rather than black is a great, sort of throwback idea to the Ron Jaworski/Wilbert Montgomery era, and no one can really improve on the helmet wings. Love the eagle head secondary logo in the green and gray, too.

Not only should you send the Eagles your design yesterday, do the same for the Atlanta Falcons -- I always liked the Falcons' red helmets better, so I loved your re-design.

I'll have to catch up with the rest of the design comments, but I figured I'd start with my team...

Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

Dallas Cowboys (23/32)

The biggest issue with the Cowboys uniforms is the inconsistency in the use of blue and silver, with different versions of each color being used on each uniform. I cleaned that up by picking one grey and one blue. The blue I used, which is halfway between the two blues Dallas uses now, is a dark royal color that pairs nicely with the silver. I also cleaned up the superfluous double outlines that Dallas sued previously.

8CKzylC.jpgdSroxud.jpgOqe1M4V.jpg

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd enlarge the star a bit and raise it a bit so the horizontal stripe on the star can be unified with the top stripe on the sleeves. Also, the blue jerseys would benefit from switching the colors of the numbers, and as much as I hate to say it, I think your helmet/pants striping is a downgrade from their current set.. I really like the consistency and color balance you brought to the set though.. I'm not sure how I feel about the single outline on the star, but it certainly matches the outlining across the rest of the set.. Might be one of those things that has to grow on me

I do like the white star on the side of the road jersey but I think it would be more consistent if the star was blue. It's blue on the blue jersey and the silver helmet.

^Agreed. The star would look better if it was blue.

I had the star blue originally, but it didn't stand out enough. I can try it again though and see if I can make it work.

I'd enlarge the star a bit and raise it a bit so the horizontal stripe on the star can be unified with the top stripe on the sleeves. Also, the blue jerseys would benefit from switching the colors of the numbers, and as much as I hate to say it, I think your helmet/pants striping is a downgrade from their current set.. I really like the consistency and color balance you brought to the set though.. I'm not sure how I feel about the single outline on the star, but it certainly matches the outlining across the rest of the set.. Might be one of those things that has to grow on me

Definitely some valid points there, I'll consider all of them. It looks like I need 1 or 2 tweaks to make the Cowboys perfect.

I have to work all day tomorrow, so I'll post the Chiefs tonight. I probably won't have time until Sunday to post in here, but I'll try to read as much feedback as I can tomorrow.

Kansas City Chiefs (24/32)

When Nike changed the Chiefs uniforms in 2012 to move the cuff stripe up to the sleeve, they became some of my favorite in the NFL. However, striping inconsistency plagues the uniform, and I'm here to fix that! I used a simple yellow/white/yellow stripe on all red backgrounds and red/yellow/red stripe on all white backgrounds, putting this stripe on the helmet, jerseys, pants, and socks. To make the Chiefs stand out, I used the sleeve stripe to cover the entire shoulder cap instead of keeping it thinner, like on my re-designed Bills uniforms. This makes the Chiefs unique, and it makes the uniforms pop. Also, I included a monochrome red look in this set because I think it works well for the team. The consistent striping on all elements breaks up the unitard look, and the all-red is a look exclusive to the Chiefs.

91BBlYQ.jpg

jSG73bN.jpgG6YMZrG.jpgxHgx4V0.jpgoTdFpeT.jpg

So many things that I see "wrong" with the chiefs, but all of those things are only related to what my mind tells me the chiefs "should" look like.. Everything you've done here works perfectly.. Very clean, very classy, very nice.. I definitely think this would be a great direction for them to go if they ever rebrand.. The only teeny-tiny suggestion I might have is to adjust the red just a shade darker to help it stand out against the yellow and white.. Otherwise, I really like this

The Cowboys one looks nice, however there are a few issues I have. First is the logo and striping. Everything we have currently is Blue/White/Blue, and I'd like to see that continued on the helmets (stripe & logo), jersey (logo), and pants (stripe). The sleeve stripes are interesting to me. I don't mind that you essentially made it a single stripe with an outline (a thin/thick/thin striping pattern), but I would rather see it be blue/white/blue on the white/primary jersey rather than using gray (I do understand that you wanted to have the same outline as with the numbers)

One thing that MIGHT look good (not sure, but maybe) would be making a blue stripe from the tip of the star to the horizontal line where the middle two "points" begin, a white stripe behind the two middle points of the star, and another blue stripe for the bottom portion of the star. The b/w/b star on top of that to finish it off. This would accomplish 2 things: keeping a form of the current double blue stripe, while also centering the star along those stripes. If it didn't look good, then I'm sure the b/w/b helmet/pants pattern would in its place.

For the blue jerseys, I'd suggest doing the opposite of whatever you decide on the white....minus flipping the color palette on the logo. What I'm suggesting is a white/blue/white striping with a thickness of either thin/thick/thin or a more evened up approached (based off pieces of the star). The gray stripe is what I consider the weakest part of the current blue jersey and needs to go.

Regardless, I think you did a good job here, but a few tweaks and it could be great.

Love the consistency you found with the Cowboys. However, I definitely prefer the classic B-W-B striping for the helmet and pants. On the Chiefs, I like how you added stripes to the helmet and removed black from the logo. Personally I would have kept the facemask white, but the red is still a good look. My only concern is that the yellow and white would somewhat blend together and muddle the look. If you wanted to change it I would keep the Red-yellow-red striping across all aspects of the uniform, and add a white stripe as outline on the red elements which include helmet, uniform, pants, socks. Fantastic work overall, keep it up!!

I like that the "lighter" color is always in the center with the chiefs striping.. Perhaps adding "stems" of red between white and yellow on the striping could help break them up a bit if they're really too close in color.. Although I see no issue with it.. I still feel as though going a shade darker with the red will help to prevent it from blending with the yellow and white of the arrowhead, while not being dark enough to be "crimson" or "cardinal"

I think you should lighten the silver on the Cowboys. Right now the black values of the blue and silver are really close. I would use the silver they use for their helmets.

The Chiefs are my favorite team, so take my comments with that knowledge....

First of all, I know that almost everyone who tries to redo the Chiefs takes the black out of the logo. And that makes sense since they don't use black anywhere else. The problem is that yellow blends into both red and white, so the logo loses its crispness. I haven't ever seen a Chiefs logo that removes black and improves the logo because I prefer the inconsistency in color to a mushy looking logo. If you really want to lose the black, I suggest also losing the yellow. Get rid of the drop shadow on the KC and have no outline on the helmet. I've never seen this done and don't know what it would look like, but it should solve the blending together issue.

I'm not really a fan of the red face mask in a vacuum, but I think it works with the giant sleeve stripes on the jerseys. They combine to give them a modern look (for better or for worse, I can't decide).

I also think you go a little stripe heavy. I don't remember who said it, but someone who had a really good NFL redesign on this site mentioned how he would never put stripes on all four elements of a uniform. Something about creating some empty visual space. I don't know if it is a rule that shouldn't ever be broken, but I do think it is good advice. Too many stripes, even with a simple striping pattern, can become too much. I would get rid of the helmet stripes.

award%20sig.png

I think you should lighten the silver on the Cowboys. Right now the black values of the blue and silver are really close. I would use the silver they use for their helmets.

The Chiefs are my favorite team, so take my comments with that knowledge....

First of all, I know that almost everyone who tries to redo the Chiefs takes the black out of the logo. And that makes sense since they don't use black anywhere else. The problem is that yellow blends into both red and white, so the logo loses its crispness. I haven't ever seen a Chiefs logo that removes black and improves the logo because I prefer the inconsistency in color to a mushy looking logo. If you really want to lose the black, I suggest also losing the yellow. Get rid of the drop shadow on the KC and have no outline on the helmet. I've never seen this done and don't know what it would look like, but it should solve the blending together issue.

I'm not really a fan of the red face mask in a vacuum, but I think it works with the giant sleeve stripes on the jerseys. They combine to give them a modern look (for better or for worse, I can't decide).

I also think you go a little stripe heavy. I don't remember who said it, but someone who had a really good NFL redesign on this site mentioned how he would never put stripes on all four elements of a uniform. Something about creating some empty visual space. I don't know if it is a rule that shouldn't ever be broken, but I do think it is good advice. Too many stripes, even with a simple striping pattern, can become too much. I would get rid of the helmet stripes.

I definitely agree about the Cowboys, lightening the silver would improve them a lot.

On the logo, I'll see how it looks without the yellow. I'm going to follow the suggestion of a lot of the commentors and darken the red slightly, so I'll see if that fixes the blending issue. If it doesn't, I'll try your suggestion.

I agree that the red facemask really works with the giant sleeve stripes. I also thought that it made the helmet stand out compared to others across the league.

There are a lot of teams in the NFL that use or have used striping on all four elements, and they usually look good. The Browns, Bills, Packers, Pats (throwbacks), and even the current Chiefs are all examples of this. Also, I think the striping is necessary, especially in the monochrome red look, where it breaks up the red enough that the monochrome works.

Oakland Raiders (25/32)

Not much to say with the Raiders. They already have simple, classic uniforms and a long history wearing them. I only made two changes: I added the Raiders wordmark to the chest of both jerseys so that they aren't just blank jerseys, and I made the home numbers white outlined by silver to match the road numbers.

llF7Rud.jpghDodbFv.jpgubhNdpZ.jpg

And with that, the AFC West joins the NFC South as the second completed division. I'm looking to unveil an NFC team next, so here are the options: Giants, Seahawks, 49ers, or Vikings.

I think the silver on Oakland (like Dallas) is too dark.

I don't really mean to quibble because I also think that stripes can be used on all four elements, but of the examples you mention, the Packers don't have stripes on the socks, and the Chiefs don't put stripes on the helmet. (Also, the Browns didn't have stripes on the home socks but did on the road. Of course, now they have pants that are an abomination to the NFL so we will ignore those completely.) I think the striping on the Chiefs helmet throws me a bit because it is new.

award%20sig.png

Archived