Teams Most Needing a Rebrand

tnagraffix

The Bengals need to change everything but the color scheme and the helmet. And maybe the pants jersey and pant stripes, which do an okay job of incorporating the tiger pattern. The rest has to be shaken up though.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bengals need to change everything but the color scheme and the helmet. And maybe the pants jersey and pant stripes, which do an okay job of incorporating the tiger pattern. The rest has to be shaken up though.

So change nothing but the number font?

The Bengals need to go back to that cool tiger head they had and scrap the boring striped "B". They should also try to fix the stripes a bit.

The Bengals need to go back to that cool tiger head they had and scrap the boring striped "B". They should also try to fix the stripes a bit.
All that needs to be changed is the side panel on the sides of the jerseys.

For me it starts and ends with the Anaheim Ducks. Not a single aspect of their identity has been remotely visually appealing since 2006. The colours are ugly, the uniforms are a mess and the fonts are stuck in the 90's.

Could not agree more, cannot stand watching the Ducks

I feel like the Ducks never really had an identity.

The only thing wrong with The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim was the name. Should have just changed the name to Anahiem Ducks, created a new wordmark and let everything else be.

Even as more of a jersey traditionalist, I love those Mighty Duck jerseys. They were unique and the striping and colours worked for them. Their new look appears to me as a team that is still trying to find their own identity. I like their road jersey much better than what it replaced but it still isn't my favorite. As for their home jersey, I'm still giving them a tip of the hat for taking a meh jersey and making it into an alright home jersey.

For me it starts and ends with the Anaheim Ducks. Not a single aspect of their identity has been remotely visually appealing since 2006. The colours are ugly, the uniforms are a mess and the fonts are stuck in the 90's.

The only thing wrong with The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim was the name. Should have just changed the name to Anahiem Ducks, created a new wordmark and let everything else be.

Even as more of a jersey traditionalist, I love those Mighty Duck jerseys. They were unique and the striping and colours worked for them. Their new look appears to me as a team that is still trying to find their own identity. I like their road jersey much better than what it replaced but it still isn't my favorite. As for their home jersey, I'm still giving them a tip of the hat for taking a meh jersey and making it into an alright home jersey.
I absolutely hate the Ducks colors, and the jerseys are even worse to me. This whole thread revolves around them IMO

I absolutely hate the Ducks colors, and the jerseys are even worse to me. This whole thread revolves around them IMO

I don't think this entire thread revolves around solely the Ducks. I think they are just a good conversation piece because their old look is very popular with a lot of people, especially compared to the jerseys they have worn since they became just the Ducks. Their new look isn't bad, I honestly don't hate it but when I look back, I do think the Mighty Ducks colors and jerseys were better. They managed to take a weird look and make it something special. If there's any teams in my opinion that need a rebrand, it is the Canucks, the Blue Jackets, and the Colorado Avalanche.

If given the option I'd probably just take them back to the Mighty era. Not happening anytime soon so oh well.

I don't mind the current uniforms, I'd like them more if they were simplified and they did away with the side panels in favour of a hem stripe. But between these and the wordmark jerseys they replaced I'd rather keep the new ones around.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The Indians.

Are they a red team or a blue team? Are they going full speed ahead with the Block C logo or are they sticking with Chief Wahoo? They keep trying to have it both ways, and it doesn't work.

The "Should Chief Wahoo stay or go?" debate always centers around its racist overtones (a valid point!), but how about this: That logo has been around for about 70 years. Is it really so great and iconic that it should have survived this long? At this point, I feel like the only reason the Indians have kept it is because getting rid of it would be viewed as "caving in to pressure from activists." Maybe it's just an outdated logo that is due to be retired, regardless of racial aspects.

The Indians.

Are they a red team or a blue team? Are they going full speed ahead with the Block C logo or are they sticking with Chief Wahoo? They keep trying to have it both ways, and it doesn't work.

The "Should Chief Wahoo stay or go?" debate always centers around its racist overtones (a valid point!), but how about this: That logo has been around for about 70 years. Is it really so great and iconic that it should have survived this long? At this point, I feel like the only reason the Indians have kept it is because getting rid of it would be viewed as "caving in to pressure from activists." Maybe it's just an outdated logo that is due to be retired, regardless of racial aspects.

+1

The Indians.

Agreed. Racism aside, Chief Wahoo is a bad cap logo and doesn't look great as a sleeve patch either. The bland block C is better aesthetically on the cap than the chief. But I still don't think the Indians need a full rebrand, definitely some tweeks here and there-including getting rid of Wahoo-but their home script is very nice imo.

The Indians.

I agree about Wahoo. It should be a moot point whether or not it's racist - it's just not that great of a logo!

I disagree about the red/blue team thing. The Braves are somewhere inbetween and they've got a top-10 look in baseball.

The block C is fine. There's nothing really creative about the Dodgers cap logo and it's considered one of the best in the game.

The Indians.

I agree about Wahoo. It should be a moot point whether or not it's racist - it's just not that great of a logo!

I disagree about the red/blue team thing. The Braves are somewhere inbetween and they've got a top-10 look in baseball.

The block C is fine. There's nothing really creative about the Dodgers cap logo and it's considered one of the best in the game.

Another thing:

If the want to go with something that looks a bit more traditional, why don't they go with that cursive "I" on the caps. When they had those vest jerseys I always thought the "I" should be on the caps.

Even though I've always liked the look of Wahoo on the caps, I must admit that I absolutely loved the cursive "I" caps. I really don't know why at all, but I did. I've always regretted never having purchased one. I think I'd prefer that over the block "C" (which, though I consider myself more of a traditionalist, has never been that good of a logo to me). Although honestly, if I'm choosing, I'd love to see the cursive "C" from the previous road wordmark used on the cap above other options.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Even though I've always liked the look of Wahoo on the caps, I must admit that I absolutely loved the cursive "I" caps. I really don't know why at all, but I did. I've always regretted never having purchased one. I think I'd prefer that over the block "C" (which, though I consider myself more of a traditionalist, has never been that good of a logo to me). Although honestly, if I'm choosing, I'd love to see the cursive "C" from the previous road wordmark used on the cap above other options.

They have a lot of options if they're just going to go with text on the cap. Most of them are probably less boring than the block C too.

All that needs to be changed is the side panel on the sides of the jerseys.

I never said change nothing but the number font. I said change the font, the stupid side panel, and the drop shadows. I agree with both of you---go back to a logo with a tiger in it, fix the stripes (less cluttered I guess), dump the side panels, change number fonts, lose stupid drop shadows. A modernized version of the Esaison Super Bowl look would be nice. I love the helmet, the color scheme, and the presence of stripes on the uniforms. I don't care for the execution of stripes on the uniforms, and I also don't like some of the other aesthetic aspects. Overall, though, they're pretty good. They have a theme and they stick to it, which is a good thing.

Archived