Footy as Football - EPL Crossover Series

raysox

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like the logo. I think it has a sharpness to it that makes it pop, and that jersey is beautiful.

That being said, I can also see why people wouldn't like the logo, as it's a drastic change. I'd try out the bird head somehow..... or maybe even try to work with what they have now somehow.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Thanks guys. Few things. There are a lot of birds in this league, haha. I'm trying to differentiate between them just to give a wide variety of logos and really test myself. The main part of the bird I wanted to focus on was the Spur, so hence why I went with the foot.

Also check out the South Carolina Gamecocks' Zephyr hat logo. That gave me some inspiration.

Tottenham Spurs

I had this sketched out very early on in this series.

For spurs, I wanted to keep the rooster theme, but make a more dynamic looking logo. I went with a sharp foot with a spur on the leg. I thought the foot would look really nice on a white helmet, so I designed it with the helmet in mind. The script is the Atlanta Hawks (old?) script, and I use it throughout.

The jerseys mock the kits in real life. I went white on top, navy on the bottom. I even through in some yellow to resemble the kits they've been wearing. The sleeves also feature a sash looking stripe, to mirror their current kits.

Tottenham.png

Tottenham2.png

Tottenham3.png

I don't really mind the logo, but you might want to look at it in small applications before making sure you want to embrace it everywhere. On the pants, it looks like an entire rooster that is facing left: the spur is his beak and the other talons* are his tail feathers and feet.

*There's your Napoleon Dynamite reference for the month.

award%20sig.png

Chelsea Blues

The best team last year, may be the worst team this year, but I still support them!

So a lions head was obvious, and I just had to make it Chelsea like. So I went with a blue lion and a white outline to tie it to the lion on the crest now. I used some light blue which is also on the lion in the logo. Same with the red tongue.

The kits are head to toe blue, much like the current look. I wanted some accent color, so I did some red stripes on the white cuffs and collar. The red continues to the stripes on the helmet and pants.

Chelsea.png

Chelsea2.png

Chelsea3.png

Manchester Citizens

City is probably(by far) the best team in England right now.

So to separate from the other "Eagles" team, I went with the Citizens. But I still felt an eagle would be the best logo option. The one from the crest is gold with a black outlines, so I did my best to add some lighting and shading. My favorite part of the series has been doing all these animal logos I never have been able to with soccer logos.

With these City kits, I went with a little more balance than the current ones. The light blue is the main color, but I used a lot(a lot) of black and white. Something more gridiron football like, and less what City actually look like.

ManchesterCity.png

ManchesterCity2.png

ManchesterCity3.png

Well what do you suggest I do? Like I'm all open to changing stuff when I like suggestions, but I can't do anything about it if I don't know what's wrong

Maybe use more black than white in the stripes and numbers, like their set:

Sunderland-v-Manchester-City-Premier-Lea

I don't follow soccer, so take that with a grain of salt.

spacer.png

Archived