Carolina Hurricanes Uniform Tweak

DatsyukianDekes6

The Hurricanes jerseys obviously need some improvement. What I did to fix them was keep the flag pattern, however it is much smaller and not as bold as the previous jersey sets' flag pattern. As well, I eliminated gray, which makes the jerseys seem a little more traditional, which is what the 'Canes were after. The third jersey is inspired by their current third, however this time the arm and hem stripes match each other. Also, I cleaned up the toilet logo.

carhome1.png

caraway1.png

hurricanes2.png

+1 on the Hurricane flag striping... Still this is a huge improvement over the bland-as-paint trash the team currently wears. Still can't help but lament the loss of silver/grey. It was the only thing separating them from the countless other Red and Black teams.

I agree with most of the above comments, except the black alt has poor contrast with red numerals. Your 'clean up' of the logo appears to have mainly been to remove the part that made the center look like a hockey puck. I have never liked the logo much in the first place, but I once commented in the logo site that it looked better upside down.

original.jpg?w=800&h

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Archived