ECUFan25's 200th Post Special: MLB Redux: (2.5/31)

ECUFan25

Man, 200 posts. Where has time gone. I've been through 5 months on these boards and averaged 40 posts a month, and that's 1 1/3 posts per day (wait a minute, why am I doing math over summer break?), and i've learned one thing. Nobody makes solid work every time. Even me, though I do like to think so ^_^ . Anyway, back to the concept. I've seen many people comment on here that my team, the Rays should relocate and they suck and it kills me seeing it every time. But, i've learned to accept the fact that it's true and they will eventually either have to get a new stadium or relocate. So as a little tribute to the Rays, here is my 200th post. I might turn this into an MLB series if it is well received. But in the meantime, let's talk about the series.

1. Each team will be getting a complete rebrand, no matter what (yes, you too, Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox and Cubs)

2. Each team will have a Home, Road and Alternate (sorry, Marlins)

3. Each team is limited to at most 2 caps (once again, sorry, Marlins)

4. And last, but not least, each team MUST have at least one promotional jersey, they will come when the full series is over.

So here are the Rays,

CHANGES:

-Adopted a mix of past and present colors

-Shortened name to Tampa Rays

-Took on a whole new font, UA University

-Home and Road are NOT vests, they just have colored sleeves

Converted_file_e0aa43ee_converted_zpsmrx

Thanks for reading!,

ECUFan25

Actually, I was originally going to use black and lime but I was unhappy with the finished product so I went back and settled on a Mariners/old Marlins color scheme

Also, it's actually navy, not purple

First of all,congrats for 200 posts!

Second,that looks pretty well,but the font is the only part where I see change.

Try a different font,and that could look better.

1. Each team will be getting a complete rebrand, no matter what (yes, you too, Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox and Cubs)

Dammit.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Congratulations on 200 posts, and nice job on your 200th! I like this look a lot, and I can't wait to see a Yankees rebrand... DON'T MESS UP MY FAVORITE TEAM just kidding lol

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I'm really not sold on your color scheme or your choice of font. The cap logo isn't really a logo at all, and your font just isn't very strong for a sports uniform. In addition, the uniforms are very plain and uninspired, and the font choice does nothing to diminish that fact. It's a decent start but at the very least I would look into changing the font and developing an actual logo, and possibly look into using a different and more unique color scheme after that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The colors do really look a lot like the Hornets. That teal jersey looks a lot like one the Marlins (the Rays interstate rivals no less) used to wear. My recommendation is to go for something like their old 2001-07 uniforms. It's a nice start but it needs something to separate it from the other Rays concepts.

• 2 weeks later...

I DO have the Yankees completed, scrounging internet on the O's I will post the Empire on Fri. O's a couple days after that when I get back to my computer, although I did get to see Byron Buxton irl

YANKEES!!

What's New:

1. Emphasized red more
  2. Added light blue back, I made it same prominency as red
  3. Kept the pinstripes b/c they're such an important part of their history so I slimmed them down a notch
  4. Drop-shadowed the numbers, had an idea, just wanted to try it out

So without further ado Here's NYY!

combine_images_zps9hlxbfrv.jpg

C and C is greatly appreciated!

Wow. Needs a lot of work. The color scheme is just not working for me, and neither are the fonts. Light blue, dark blue, and bright red just don't go together in my opinion. The drop shadow on the back numbers could work, but I would make it smaller and make the front and back number the same color. The alternate is probably your best uniform here, but the "YANKEES" font is very generic. I agree that you should keep the pinstripes on the home jersey, but your pinstripes are not even at all. Overall, this concept could work, but it needs to be cleaned up quite a bit.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Archived