Quebec Nordiques UPDATE

T-ROY

With the Nordiques possibly coming back, I decided to do a jersey combining jerseys from their past. I made them with all 3 color schemes and here's how they turned out. Let me know which one looks the best.

Option #1

Jwzxr3l.png

Option #2

5HglBFA.png

Option #3

MFU86ug.png

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

The FDLs are too far apart making them look less like some kind of pattern and more random. Maybe put 4 or 5 smaller ones in there. I would pick #2 though

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Would go #1 in a heartbeat.

Have you tried #1 but reversing the red and Blue to emulate the original WHA jersey?

I also agree that the fleurs de lis seem too random, and would also suspect them to be slightly too big.

That being said, this is an absolute kick-A-double-snakes concept!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The FDLs are too far apart making them look less like some kind of pattern and more random. Maybe put 4 or 5 smaller ones in there. I would pick #2 though

Well on the Nordiques NHL jerseys, they only had 3 on the front and back. I'd want to keep it the same, especially since the jersey is borderline too busy already. The fleurs-de-lis aren't supposed to act as striping anyway.

Have you tried #1 but reversing the red and Blue to emulate the original WHA jersey?

I also agree that the fleurs de lis seem too random, and would also suspect them to be slightly too big.

Stripes on away jersey are nice. Try and do the same on the home. The red yoke stripe would be blue. Etc.

And 1 or 2. Just scrap 3 the color scheme isn't up to par like the other ones.

I'll do the mockups sometime tomorrow

#2, #1, #3.

Don't think that Quebec will use the classic logo when/if they come back though. Same thing like when Winnipeg or the Charlotte Hornets came back, if you use the old logos and unis, you don't have the same opportunity to sell new merch.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

#1 is the best. I like this color scheme, and the jerseys are really nice.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Update:

- Smaller fleurs-de-lis

- Edited the striping on the home

rtcgxFT.png

HRlm7nS.png

Stripes on away jersey are nice. Try and do the same on the home. The red yoke stripe would be blue. Etc.

And 1 or 2. Just scrap 3 the color scheme isn't up to par like the other ones.

b7uh0Vf.png

#2, #1, #3.

Don't think that Quebec will use the classic logo when/if they come back though. Same thing like when Winnipeg or the Charlotte Hornets came back, if you use the old logos and unis, you don't have the same opportunity to sell new merch.

Seems likely they won't, but I wouldn't be surprised considering the push for Nordiques so early.

I love #1... I might use a simpler, bolder, sans-serif font for the nameplate, but the color scheme specifically would really make this uni stand out

I wanted to give it a more vintage type WHA font.

Really like the "baby blue", which is a nice touch from the early years in the WHA. I'm not sure that the fleur de lys are relevant anymore, maybe on the shoulders only with stripes at the bottom. Anyway, you did a great job. It brings back so much memories!!

P.S.: you have a great website. Kudos!

I really like #1 and #2. My preference is that they go back to the same thing they wore prior to leaving QC, but I really like your designs.

The Fleur de Lis isn't going anywhere. The Nordiques were always the "real" Quebec personified. I wouldn't be shocked in the least if the jerseys had the f-d-l AND a Quebec flag patch, a-la Calgary.

Archived