NHL Baseball Crossover - Update: Atlanta Flames

TheLAKnight

Another week gone by, but another team's older sets to show. Here are some of the older sets for the St. Louis Blues. On the second set, yes, the shade of blue on the jersey is different from the hat and stirrups. I wanted to do a littler blue jersey similar to the Cardinals powder blue jersey in the '70s, but the regular shade was too dark, especially for the pants. Should have the rest of the Blues sets up later today or tomorrow and I will try to get at least 1 more team done this weekend as well.

1967-1973

StLBlues%20Home2_zpstu5dxgqr.pngStLBlues%20Road2_zps7gaitvyq.png

1973-1984

StLBlues%20Home3_zpsaw12ay4c.pngStLBlues%20Road3_zpsko2i8zaa.png

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finishing up with the Blues, here are their 2 sets that added red to the color scheme.

1984-1995 (based more of jerseys worn from 1984-87)

StLBlues%20Home4_zpsmwu6sstg.pngStLBlues%20HomeAlt2_zpszuep9unm.pngStLBlues%20Road4_zpspp4ahdwx.png

1995-1998

StLBlues%20Home5_zps5fycu2zv.pngStLBlues%20HomeAlt3_zpsos2eotl5.pngStLBlues%20Road5_zpseewm4ew1.png

Most of the Blues jerseys since 1998 have had the same basic elements, so I didn't feel the need to recreate slightly altered versions of the current set. I did, however, create a road alternate based on the team's current 3rd jersey.

StLBlues%20RoadAlt_zpsjqgk8kcz.png

Blues look great. I love the 95-98 set.

However, I'm not sold on the angled horizontal lines...... I kinda wanna see those as pinstripes cuz baseball..... but I'm not sure on a blue pinstriped jersey.

Those "angled horizontal lines" is the music staff, the five lines that music notes are read from.

Late night upload because I wanted to get one more team out because I'm not sure when I'll have time for the next set. The template might be a little off for a team this old, but I modeled the overall design on multiple teams from the 1920s-30s. Here are the Montreal Maroons.

MtlMaroons%20Home_zpswa7kkgtq.pngMtlMaroons%20Road_zps4pusljfb.png

I know these sets are ones that people were looking forward to seeing. Here are the sets based off of the Sharks 2 pre-edge jersey sets. Unfortunately, it's not the best wordmark, but it does have a very '90s feel to it.

1991-1998

SJSharks%20Home2_zps7vngga6h.pngSJSharks%20HomeAlt2_zps5uahli7u.pngSJSharks%20Road2_zpsaece727d.png

1998-2007

SJSharks%20Home3_zpsdh906jeo.pngSJSharks%20HomeAlt3_zps8xx0iqk7.pngSJSharks%20Road3_zpsscbmhspt.pngSJSharks%20RoadAlt2_zpscsf9tvdk.png

Their current set is similar enough in design that I'll leave my original set as is.

I don't like the Wordmark. You should've used a version of the Pre-Edge Font as the wordmark.... what you have now is too jarring.

But I really hope you do the Rhinos.... that team is guilty pleasure.

Agreed on powder blue Pens. And maybe some old Jets sets..... or Picasso-Yote ones?

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Today, I showcase New York's first NHL team and latest remaining team from the pre-Original 6 era. This one was tough as I couldn't encapsulate the look of their overly patriotic jerseys.

Also, I made the alternates cream. Not sure which is better, the white home or the alternate cream, so let me know if I should change one to the other.

1925-1935 (home based on 1933-35 white jersey, road on 1925-30 jerseys, alternate on 1930-35 jerseys)

NYAmericans%20Home_zpsz8qebz6q.pngNYAmericans%20HomeAlt_zpsxs75zoes.pngNYAmericans%20Road_zps90oqmfvw.png

1935-1941 (previous alternate carries over until 1938, new alternate based on 1941 extra white jersey)

NYAmericans%20Home2_zps40y0uait.pngNYAmericans%20HomeAlt2_zpskym4zjjt.pngNYAmericans%20Road2_zpsuashvlms.png

Brooklyn Americans name change did not reflect a change in venue from MSG.

1941-1942 (as before, previous alternate carries over)

BknAmericans%20Home_zps5nm5uvpb.pngBknAmericans%20Road_zpswenobknb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived