NHL Baseball Crossover - Update: Atlanta Flames

TheLAKnight

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Seals look awesome. I don't know much about defunct NHL teams; how many more are you planning on doing?

The Stars throwback set is MUCH better than the original set you made.

Counting the teams that I've already done, probably 10 defunct teams in total.

Speaking of which, here are the jerseys for the short lived successor to the Seals, the Cleveland Barons.

CleBarons%20Home_zpskgjvoqla.pngCleBarons%20HomeAlt_zpsary1eexw.pngCleBarons%20Road_zpsvnbkeyaf.pngCleBarons%20RoadAlt_zpse5pqpwuc.png

Barons look really good. That all red set invokes those horribly gaudy but nonetheless memorable Indians unis from the '70s. I was going to complain that the pants for the primary road set aren't gray but I guess the Tribe's road pants were in fact white during that period.

Also, base the set off the Reds look from that era a bit more.. as well as just using the B as the main cap logo.

Barons look really good. That all red set invokes those horribly gaudy but nonetheless memorable Indians unis from the '70s. I was going to complain that the pants for the primary road set aren't gray but I guess the Tribe's road pants were in fact white during that period.

The Barons white alt should have the shape of Ohio around the numbers on the front.

Taking a few suggestions, I made 1 updated jersey for the Barons. Maybe I'll add another later with BARONS on it, but we'll see.

Also, because I didn't mention it before, the full set is based on the Indians sets from 1975-1977 (1 year longer than the Barons even existed). I didn't want to make a black jersey to match the blue so I went with the Reds style white. This next jersey more closely resembles the Reds jerseys on the same era.

CleBarons%20HomeAlt2_zpswmryhz6e.png

The next team in need of a second look is the Edmonton Oilers. People commented at the time that I posted them that the wordmarks weren't quite what they expected, especially on the alternates. I'll probably post a few other versions today or tomorrow, but for now here is the updated set. Changes include simplifying the OILERS wordmark (removing outline and inner shadows), removing the bland Edmonton wordmark from the road jersey, replacing the '70s style Edmonton from the orange jersey, and flipping the home/road status of the colored alternates.

EdmOilers%20Home_zpsxcqnwwvr.pngEdmOilers%20HomeAlt_zpslrv7ntqh.pngEdmOilers%20Road_zpsqlq2ubxq.pngEdmOilers%20RoadAlt2_zpsvhaxhupz.png

I still kinda wanna see a set for the Oil based off the grey alt.

Barons look good, but I kinda wanna see what the "Ohio-ed numbers" would look like inside the C on the side.....

This Oilers set is a bit rushed so some aspects might not look perfect. Wanted to try something other than gray as a road jersey, but it only turned out meh I think. I assume you were referring to their third from 2001-07 which I made the home alternate.

EdmOilers%20Home2_zpshv8riypc.pngEdmOilers%20HomeAlt2_zps5oldxeg9.pngEdmOilers%20Road2_zpsmm3sidru.pngEdmOilers%20RoadAlt3_zpsmga3l3vb.png

CleBarons%20HomeAlt3_zpsoifqwbjh.png

Some nice ideas with this latest Oilers set, but I think I like your update from yesterday best. That orange fauxback with the new crest is a huge improvement over your original concept.

How would the orange oil drop logo look as a crest on the blue alternate with the "Oilers" logo from the new orange alternate as the cap logo?

Some nice ideas with this latest Oilers set, but I think I like your update from yesterday best. That orange fauxback with the new crest is a huge improvement over your original concept.

How would the orange oil drop logo look as a crest on the blue alternate with the "Oilers" logo from the new orange alternate as the cap logo?

Like this first one? The second one is has the same design as the orange alternate.

EdmOilers%20RoadAlt3_zpswzdypxu6.pngEdmOilers%20RoadAlt5_zpscb7uqtmi.png

Like this first one? The second one is has the same design as the orange alternate.

EdmOilers%20RoadAlt3_zpswzdypxu6.pngEdmOilers%20RoadAlt5_zpscb7uqtmi.png

Both of those look pretty good! And yes, the first concept above is exactly what I wanted to see.

Earlier upload today as my classes are back in session. The next defunct team that I looked at were the Colorado Rockies, who existed 11 years before the MLB team of the same name. A fairly simple set for them taking cues from their main set and trying to make a fauxback of the MLB team's original set.

ColRockies%20Home_zpswcd64gqn.pngColRockies%20HomeAlt_zps6nkzuxye.pngColRockies%20Road_zps1a9qmdco.png

I actually both Oiler sets a ton. I feel I prefer the original colours, but I love the look of the copper set, especially that away jersey. Looks very similar to the old Nats one.

The slight tweak for the Barons looks great IMO. It's a perfect blend of the Reds/Indians look.

That Rockies set is delightful. I'd really like to see a set based off what the Rockies wear now though as well.... pinstripes and everything.

May I make one more odd request, for giggles? If you can pull it off somehow, I'd love to see a set based off the proposed Hampton Roads Rhinos identity.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Late night upload, but it's a big one. 3 sets for the Kings modeled after 3 uniform designs from 1967-1998. These all follow the Padres rather the Dodgers because the time period and jersey changes are more reminiscent of San Diego. The first 2 sets are modeled after the Padres 1972 and 1978 sets. The purple pants might be a little gaudy, but it looked weirder with the gold pants.

LAKings%20HomeThrowback1_zpsuhokntxq.pngLAKings%20RoadThrowback_zpswk5klho4.png

LAKings%20HomeThrowback2_zps9kd4vv6h.pngLAKings%20ThrowbackAlt_zpscj7n4zwt.pngLAKings%20RoadThrowback2_zpsdncwzebd.png

LAKings%20HomeThrowback3_zpsl6pj2zia.pngLAKings%20ThrowbackAlt2_zpsdk2jyaao.pngLAKings%20RoadThrowback3_zpscawahtlx.png

I will posting more Kings concepts tomorrow including an update of the original set.

Archived