NHL Baseball Crossover - Update: Atlanta Flames

TheLAKnight

Sorry, but the "Hurricanes" wordmark just looks bad. Real bad. The serifs on the drop shadow really hurt the look. It needs to be simpler like the "Carolina" wordmark.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but the "Hurricanes" wordmark just looks bad. Real bad. The serifs on the drop shadow really hurt the look. It needs to be simpler like the "Carolina" wordmark.

yup or you could also try the CANES wordmark. it might look okay because the serif detail isnt as small

Love the thread.

I like that idea, the "Canes" would look less cluttered on the front of the jersey.

Slightly delayed, but up next are the Columbus Blue Jackets. I wanted to have a navy blue jersey with just the logo on the front like the Cincinnati Reds, but I liked the version with BLUE JACKETS across the front as well. Decided to keep both as home and away versions. Extra alternate is a fauxback like their current third jersey. Since there are already 2 navy blue jerseys, it's now cream (though not the same shade as the logo because that was too dark; used Cleveland Indians' cream color instead.)

ClbBlueJackets%20Home2_zpsxsbo66fq.pngClbBlueJackets%20HomeAlt_zpsnyclhnch.pngClbBlueJackets%20Road_zpsfrtlevid.pngClbBlueJackets%20HomeAlt2_zpsfoqx9hlm.pnClbBlueJackets%20FauxbackHome_zpshkhj81m

Canes looks better in my opinion.

I agree. The "Canes" wordmark is an improvement.

The Blue Jackets throwback/alternate is the best of the bunch. I kind of wish the whole set was based on that uniform. Has a really classic baseball look to it.

I assume the Devils are next...I hope you incorporated green into their look instead of black.

The Devils look just like I pictured them. I know you're basing these concepts off each team's current look, but I would strongly suggest replacing the black with green. There are a whole bunch of red & black teams in the NHL, and replacing black with green would add some variety.

Similarly, I hope you incorporate powder blue into your Pittsburgh set.

Also, will you consider creating a red "Canada Day" set for the Maple Leafs?

Archived