NHL Baseball Crossover - Update: Atlanta Flames

TheLAKnight

The Devils look just like I pictured them. I know you're basing these concepts off each team's current look, but I would strongly suggest replacing the black with green. There are a whole bunch of red & black teams in the NHL, and replacing black with green would add some variety.

Similarly, I hope you incorporate powder blue into your Pittsburgh set.

Also, will you consider creating a red "Canada Day" set for the Maple Leafs?

It gets tricky with some teams because most of the time it's just transitioning their current set to a baseball set. I'm doing more throwback and city specific jerseys so that there can be a little more variety without losing the existing brand. I haven't started working on a powder blue set for the Penguins, so it might come out after their main set is posted.

I might do a "Canada Day" set but considering there are 7 Canadian NHL teams, it might be more appropriate to to give each team a set.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might do a "Canada Day" set but considering there are 7 Canadian NHL teams, it might be more appropriate to to give each team a set.

I suggested the Canada Day set for the Leafs mainly because their unis look nearly identical to the Jays.

I feel like the Islanders have far too many stripes on the sleeves and the script has a distinctly minor league look to it, but other than that, good work.

I hope you gave the Rangers pinstripes!

I suggested the Canada Day set for the Leafs mainly because their unis look nearly identical to the Jays.

I feel like the Islanders have far too many stripes on the sleeves and the script has a distinctly minor league look to it, but other than that, good work.

I hope you gave the Rangers pinstripes!

It probably is too many stripes, but the Islanders rarely do things without the number 4 involved.

I know this sounds odd, but I'd try my best to make the NY monogram work without the hockey stick somehow. Also, a cream jersey (Mets -wise).... or black somewhere (Islanders/Nets/Mets-wise)?

Devils are perfection, and that new red Alt shines very much.

I cannot wait to see Philly and Pittsburgh.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Modeled somewhat after the iconic Yankees, here are the uniforms for the New York Rangers. Unfortunately, the Rangers have never used a good NY monogram so the NYR was the only cap logo that worked. And for those wondering, the wordmark on the home jerseys is from their jersey worn only in 1946-47 and the NEW YORK one is from their current alternate.

NYRangers%20Home2_zps44ylcwlr.pngNYRangers%20HomeAlt%20Pinstripes_zpscckiNYRangers%20Road_zpsjfndswda.pngNYRangers%20RoadAlt_zpsoz4zczz3.png

The Rangers turned out really well--one of the classiest sets in this whole series. However, I have a few suggestions that I think would be huge improvements over the current version.

- Have you considered trimming the "R" off the "NYR" logo? I think just the "NY" would make for a better cap logo.

- Instead of using the "Rangers" wordmark on both the home and home alternate, I think the Rangers' shield logo would make a good chest logo for the home alternate since it resembles a badge (think Texas Rangers/police).

- Try arching the "New York" wordmark on the road and road alternate like the Yankees have on their road jersey.

3 sets for the Flyers today. The first one is the original set using the alternate jersey cut with sleeves that connect to the collar. The only wordmark available was this one, but the Phillies jerseys don't say Philadelphia so it works in this case.

PhiFlyers%20Home_zps0b7tq5nq.pngPhiFlyers%20HomeAlt_zpsu3mlkaam.pngPhiFlyers%20Road_zpsl33efwgv.png

The second set keeps just the stripe along the top the jersey with their classic logo instead of text. Follows somewhat after the Phillies jerseys in the 1970s sans pinstripes.

PhiFlyers%20Home2_zps4ooefyoy.pngPhiFlyers%20HomeAlt2_zpsdizsls3a.pngPhiFlyers%20Road2_zpsmwd6hbsk.png

This last set is based entirely on the Phillies current home jersey. I wasn't sure which one would look better considering both fit with their MLB brethren.

PhiFlyers%20HomeAlt%20Pinstripes_zps22mwPhiFlyers%20HomeAlt%20Pinstripes2_zpsdur

I'd change the sleeve logo on the Rangers' dark blue alt to the Lady Liberty logo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well, what do you think, TheLAKnight? Which of those three sets do you think best represents the spirit of the Flyers in a baseball uniform? Personally I'm not a fan of the first set, but I'm really digging the '70s-inspired second set as well as the orange pinstripes.

Archived