NHL Baseball Crossover - Update: Atlanta Flames

TheLAKnight

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the black alt i would just use the O logo on the players left side, white pants for the alt, and use this wordmark for the heritage home set

154.png

Since there is so much cream on the black alt, I made 2 separate uniforms: 1 with the cream and 1 with white instead of cream. I don't know if the stripes behind the O are good here, but I wanted to try it out and give it more contrast.

OttSenators%20ThrowbackAlt2_zpsyal7zn3t.

OttSenators%20ThrowbackAlt3_zps6m53cocx.

And the white using the other Senators text.

OttSenators%20ThrowbackHome2_zpszzei93qy

It would've been nice to see some laurel-leaf imagery elsewhere.

Heck, it could even be done on the cap..... ala Seattle Pilots style.

Probably could do a cleaner version, but here's a quick version. Almost added it to the sleeves as well, but that might have been a bit much.

OttSenators%20Home_zpsunkg6dww.png

So much to love about this Senators concept. I prefer the tan/beige road jerseys because they give the league some variety. The wordmark JT17 posted looks great on the home jersey and the flag/stripes behind the "O" is a nice touch.

Keep up the great work!

Sorry to bump with back to back posts--but I hope for the Coyotes, the front script looks like the logo on this cap:

pTSA-19472860dt.jpg

Wow, I've never seen that script before. I'll look around and see if I can find a clean version of it to use. I'll be posting what I have for Arizona after I finish the Atlantic.

The second to last team in the Atlantic is Tampa Bay. They were surprisingly difficult to work with. The only LIGHTNING that I found for their current brand was on their 20th anniversary logo. If I hadn't found that, the jerseys would have all said Tampa Bay. (I know the darkest alternate is usually for the road, but having BOLTS across the front seems more apt to be used sparingly at home.)

TBLightning%20Home_zpswhbz3vuh.pngTBLightning%20HomeAlt2_zpsqpnewhni.pngTBLightning%20Road_zpspzmljnzu.pngTBLightning%20HomeAlt1_zpsvhcuzyeu.png

The arched wordmarks definitely look much better. Is the navy home alternate supposed to be a pullover? If so, rock on. B) How about doing a red alternate (with arched wordmark) for Canada Day like the Blue Jays have?

Very anxious to see what you've done with the Coyotes.

Might as well start the Metro now since I already have Carolina done. They don't really have any good wordmarks other than the 2 that I used. Let me know if I should try something different for the 2 alternates.

CarHurricanes%20Home_zpskxcwffuz.pngCarHurricanes%20HomeAlt_zpsxgl00qey.pngCarHurricanes%20Road_zpsajnodaza.pngCarHurricanes%20RoadAlt_zpsjox7wblp.png

EDIT: No major changes. Just fixing a few minor things (template, piping).

I agree that the Coyotes look better with the scripts. Good rule of thumb--If you're trying to make something look baseball-y, it's a good idea to use scripts.

Could you remove the maroon outline around the script on the home primary? It's the same issue you had with the Jets; it just looks kind of awkward. Also, have you been able to figure out how to add that tail/underline to the script that would read "Arizona" like on that cap I posted?

Archived